TOI: Vikas Manaktala ousted from rented apartment

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
TV actor Vikas Manaktala ousted from rented apartment

TV actor Vikas Manaktala ousted from rented apartment

It's common for actors to be perceived with an image in keeping with their onscreen characters.

So there have been instances when essaying a negative role has caused those actors to be perceived in similar light by the people they encounter in real life. Vikas Manaktala was pleased that his character in the television showMain Na Bhoolungi turned negative, giving him a chance to explore a different dimension as an actor. However, his joy was short-lived when his landlady didn't share the same sentiments. And if that wasn't enough, she also ousted him from the apartment.

Yes, Vikas, who stays in a rented apartment in suburban Mumbai was asked by his landlady to vacate the premises when his character in the TV serial turned negative. Amused and astounded at the same time, he says, "I think she got too scared of me. It was funny yet harrowing." The actor who was staying there for two years till his 'eviction', says that the landlady's behaviour changed when the promos of his character turning negative went on air. 

"Once, she got too panicky when I tried reasoning with her that I had been unable to see other flats due to the hectic shooting schedule. But she refused outright and started panicking, saying, 'No, no way. No extension. Leave the house," recalls the actor adding, even the intervention of other society members went in vain. "So it was funny and harrowing since I was homeless. But my friends came to my rescue. And it was divine taking care of me," he sums up.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/TV-actor-Vikas-Manaktala-ousted-from-rented-apartment/articleshow/32731333.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
at first glance I thought he had been ousted from the show and wondered why??  ðŸ˜†  then read the headline properly
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh goodness. People need to learn to differentiate reel from real.
I am happy because this is proof of how convincing & real his acting is but sad because he doesn't have his own living space anymore.
Hope he does not have to face such problems again.
WinniethePooh. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This article comes across as a publicity stunt to me. Yes he might have lost his apartment due to his great acting that made the lady scared. So what? What's the need for an article on this? I would rather they have interviewed him than this.
And what's wrong with his landlady who cannot even differentiate between his on-screen role & off-screen presence.
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: EBPfan

This article comes across as a publicity stunt to me. Yes he might have lost his apartment due to his great acting that made the lady scared. So what? What's the need for an article on this? I would rather they have interviewed him than this.

And what's wrong with his landlady who cannot even differentiate between his on-screen role & off-screen presence.

agree with every word of urs aaj kal pata nahin pubb ke liye kya kya hota hain...😲😲😲
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
No worries

He can move in with me.

problem solved

Dear10 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
article about hair cut is fine but ghar se nikalne ka article is publicity stunt wow 
this is month old story vikas himself tweet about this ismain galat kya hai 
paljay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
People are crazy, can't differentiate between real and reel life lol
RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i wonder if its really that true...ppl can't be so dumb...publicity gimmick