Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

approx. 22 minutes ago

Vietnam probes 'missing jet debris'

Vietnamese navy planes have spotted what could be fragments from the missing Malaysia Airlines jet that disappeared almost two days ago.

Officials said it was too dark to be certain the objects were from Flight MH370, which had 239 people on board.

A multinational team is searching for wreckage and ships will try to confirm the find after dawn.

Investigators are also checking CCTV footage of two passengers who were travelling on stolen passports.

for detailed article read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26506961

Ms.SK thumbnail
From Sky News this morning re. Suspects:

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent

International criminal investigation teams are trying to establish how at least two passengers got on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

It has raised serious questions for Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia Airlines and the Chinese authorities.

Officials said there were four "suspect" passengers on board, with at least two travelling on stolen passports

Two men listed as passengers - Luigi Maraldi and Christian Kozel - have both confirmed they were not on board and that their passports were stolen in South East Asia.

Mr Maraldi's passport was stolen last summer, while Mr Kozel's was taken in Thailand in 2012.

It means two men on board were travelling under assumed identities.

Authorities are reviewing CCTV from the airport in Kuala Lumpar to try to identify the two individuals. 

Malaysian Transport Minister Hishamuddin Hussein said officials were also checking the identities of two other passengers.

"All the four names are with me," he said. "I have indicated to our intelligence agencies and I have also spoken to international intelligence agencies for assistance."

He stressed a terrorist attack was just one of the possibilities being looked at in the multi-national investigation.

"We cannot jump the gun," he added. "Our focus now is to find the plane."

Director of commercial operations at Malaysia Airlines, Hugh Dunleavy, said: "As far as we're aware, every one of the people on board that aircraft had a visa to go to China, which means those passports were in the possession of the Chinese embassy before those visas were issued."

Interpol says its database currently contains 40 million records of stolen and lost travel documents from 167 countries.

Many of those will have fallen into criminal hands, but there is currently no clear link between the stolen passport holders on flight MH370 and the aircraft's disappearance. 

http://news.sky.com/story/1223036/malaysia-airlines-suspect-passengers-probe

I know this was in morning news but if one of the passport stolen in 2012, how come somebody could travel on it??? 

Edited by Ms.S.K. - 10 years ago
GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
im really confused now ..some articles are clamining abt those false passport passengers and some were notifying about the debris found 😕 Edited by Heart_Hacker- - 10 years ago
Kalhara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

From Sky News this morning re. Suspects:

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent

International criminal investigation teams are trying to establish how at least two passengers got on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

It has raised serious questions for Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia Airlines and the Chinese authorities.

Officials said there were four "suspect" passengers on board, with at least two travelling on stolen passports

Two men listed as passengers - Luigi Maraldi and Christian Kozel - have both confirmed they were not on board and that their passports were stolen in South East Asia.

Mr Maraldi's passport was stolen last summer, while Mr Kozel's was taken in Thailand in 2012.

It means two men on board were travelling under assumed identities.

Authorities are reviewing CCTV from the airport in Kuala Lumpar to try to identify the two individuals. 

Malaysian Transport Minister Hishamuddin Hussein said officials were also checking the identities of two other passengers.

"All the four names are with me," he said. "I have indicated to our intelligence agencies and I have also spoken to international intelligence agencies for assistance."

He stressed a terrorist attack was just one of the possibilities being looked at in the multi-national investigation.

"We cannot jump the gun," he added. "Our focus now is to find the plane."

Director of commercial operations at Malaysia Airlines, Hugh Dunleavy, said: "As far as we're aware, every one of the people on board that aircraft had a visa to go to China, which means those passports were in the possession of the Chinese embassy before those visas were issued."

Interpol says its database currently contains 40 million records of stolen and lost travel documents from 167 countries.

Many of those will have fallen into criminal hands, but there is currently no clear link between the stolen passport holders on flight MH370 and the aircraft's disappearance. 

http://news.sky.com/story/1223036/malaysia-airlines-suspect-passengers-probe

I know this was in morning news but if one of the passport stolen in 2012, how come somebody could travel on it??? 

i had already commented about this,..as a reply for another members comment... there is no integrated system or data base sharing for stolen passport case, between countries. so malaysian immigration dept cant find out a fake passport of another country. they can find out malaysian fake pp only. but if they are registered to interpol's data sharing service, which provides details of fake or stolen pp, this type of problems can be avoided to a certain extend. but interpol's data base is also not complete(ie: may only contain details of the registered pp theft cases.) here, the italians pp details is there in interpol's data base. Edited by luvipkknd4ever - 10 years ago
Ms.SK thumbnail
^^^^^ thanks for information ðŸ¤— sorry for repeat posting
http://www.adanaklimayetkiliservisi.com
Kalhara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

^^^^^ thanks for information ðŸ¤— sorry for repeat posting

no problem dear... most members here dont know much about aircraft and airline things.. i'm only happy to explain..
-Rambler- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I dont get why cant the cockpits of the planes or the exit points on the planes be equipped with a CCTV or something. If something like this happens the camera recordings would explain so much. CCTVs are used on buses and taxis through North America and the drivers have no issue. Why cant they be implemented in aircrafts? Edited by neha23 - 10 years ago
Surbhibornstar thumbnail
Gosh stil deir is no conformation bou nytin hope dey r safe #PrayForMH370 plz cum bck soon
Kalhara thumbnail

Originally posted by: neha23

I dont get why cant the cockpits of the planes or the exit points on the planes be equipped with a CCTV or something. If something like this happens the camera recordings would explain so much. CCTVs are used on buses and taxis through North America and the drivers have no issue. Why cant they be implemented in aircrafts?

some of the airlines already have cameras.. but its not a must or came as built in.. but studies and trials are going.. the cam has to be more capable n compact.. there are so many issues regarding cam.. setting frame rate, bit size,memory,adujsting with temp, pressure and light changes, power supply, privacy issues, approval from various civil aviation dept etc.. if the video got leak out, that will be a breach of privacy.. in my opinion a cockpit video recorder is enough and no need of cams in cabin area.. and this videos should have to be retrieved in the time of accidents only.. b-777 has a cam, which covers the area infront of the cockpit door.. this is fixed after the US hijack incident.. i think we are going out of the post topic.. sorry TM. Edited by luvipkknd4ever - 10 years ago