Mahabharata Written Update ~6th March, 2014~

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Namaste aur swaagatham iss StarBharat ke writeup mein. Aaj ka date 6 March aur aap dekrehe hain Shyam ki writeup ... challo mithro aab dekye aaj ka episode me kya hota hain!
Hum iss kahani ko shuru karte humara Hastinapur mein 

We are in a room with Bhishma, Dhritarastra (henceforth referred to as Dhriti since his name is too long), Gandhari, and Dushasana. Dhriti is twitching in anger and asks Bhishma: "What punishment should a king give for breaking a king's order?" and Bhishma tells him "Sunny Bunny, a king should think about who did the crime". Dhriti stands up and angrily replies "what difference does that make. All that matters is the crime was committed... now give me a straight answer."   

Bhishma tells him that sometimes a learned person will commit a crime to save another person. That person isn't an enemy so you can't punish him. Puruskaar kiya jata hai. He then adds - "what Kunti did was uuchit, she avoided the possibility of having an uprising."

This doesn't go down to well with Dushashana who says that people have been saying that if they think the king's order is too harsh, take shelter of the Raj Mata (Guess Dushi and the people doesn't know the Raj Mata is supposed to be Satyavati and not Kunti, but we'll let this one slide because he finally says something of his own). In other words, no one is scared of the King. Gandhari is like ... so whats the big deal. A king should not invigerate fear, but should clear the fear. Dushashana is like woah there mummyji, then why not just let Kunti sit on the throne so she can listen to what her sons tell her! What's the point of a vibhajaan if Yuddhistir will also get Hastinapur... So Bhishma is like "What do you want" and Dushashan gladly replies "Punish Kunti appropriately!"  

Luckily Gandhari speaks up and says that is foolish, then the Pandavas will take revenge for thier mother's insult. You want war?? Dushashana then says that they can't go to war since they don't have their own flag. 

Gandhari leaves the decision to Bhishma who says that Mein rajya ka sevak hoon, nirne to maharaj denge. mere paas ek decision hain - mere mrithu ... I don't have any other decision making powers now queen." But Dhriti is like "Tatshri, I will listen to you. Kunti shan't be punished. BUT to stop the people from going to IP is necessary, so no one in the royal family will go to the nagar pooja (* he smiles*) tell that to Kunti"

Gandhari is like "we can't do that! a mother's heart beats on one wish: her sons are happy and successful. And on that big day, how can we still that from Kunti?"
So Dhriti is like: "Sweetums (okay he didn't say this, but his tone was so sweet), I realize this very well and I'm sad about it.. but mala ke daage ko motio ke piche chupa rehna parta hain kyuke woh mala ke aadhar hain... similarly the first dhan must be given by the raj parivar, kyuki voh prajya ka aadhar hain. Kunti isn't going to IP, that is my final decision." 

...  SCENE CHANGE ...

Karna is giving dhaan along the banks of some river, probable Ganga. A brahmin tells him that there is no greater dhaan-veer than you in samagra Aryavarta. But Karna folds his hands and says "I am no dhaan-veer, I do this beceause my father told me that dhaan makes the soul purified. It's my bad luck that there are so many events in my life that make my soul dirty." THe brahmin blesses him and we see Vrushali appear!

Karna is like "Vrushali, you here?" Vrushali reveals that we used to be neighbors, can you be so kind as to take me to my father, since you are the Yuvraaj's friend. Karna says "but you are going with the Raj Mata".  (*ehem* I guess I'll let this one slide too because Aham looks so sad). Vrushali reveals that Kunti can't go to IP's nagar puja. This doesn't sit too well with Karna who feels even more sad and whispers "itna bara adharma nahin karsakte yuvraaj. I have to talk to him! " As he is leaving he looks Vrushali in the eyes and tells her "Fear not, you will go to IP. I promise you!"

... SCENE CHANGE ...

Duryodhan and Shakuni are playing dice, and Karna enters looking all serious. Duri see him and says welcome my friend. you have shown great samarth today, I'm so pleased with you today! But Karna tells him, friend, if you weren't pleased with me, I would be more pleased. And as expected, Duri's face falls.

(The Before) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... (The After)

It's not a happy thing when you are praised for adharma says Mr. Karna. Duri is confused and Karna tells him - to imprison a mother to take revenge against her kids is adharma. Duri doesn't like this and tells him - you see that adharma, but you didn't see the adharma that has happened to me. Karna says that I have seen it, and I will fight the entire world. But when a king sits on an elephant, he sits on his back, not his head. Gajaraj's mastak is always pure because it is Gajananda (Ganesh's) head. The enemy's mom is just as pure. 

Duri plays the Rajnithi card. But Karan brings up Varnavat and the burning, and says that luckily Mata Kunti is alive. Please Duri, don't separate Mata Kunti from her kids. As expected, Duri again doesn't take this too well and says " why are you thinking from the enemies POV..." Karna says enemity happens between warriors, we don't involve women, farmers, etc. And Duri asks the question we IFers have been yearning to not hear: "Who's side are you on Karna? Have you forgotten that it was I who made you Anga ke Raja! When you were being insulted in the Rangbhoomi, it was me who gave you that honor!!!"

Karna says: "I remember and that is why I have taken an oath to protect you my entire life." Duri says "Rakshan... like this?" Karna says: "I'm also protecting you from doing adharma friend"... But Duri says: "your words stink of traitorism. I realize that you have the desire to go to IP and live there. You can't compete with Arjun and yet you want to attain the world's recognition (pratista)" Karna is hurt and says "such a big lanchan friend! If you have any doubt, I take a pran/oath thatatter what happens in life, I will never ask Arjun to give me  my life in dhan and I will never give him jivan dhan! Now free Kunti!"

Shakuni sits up and says "Anga Raj, you can't rule with only dharma. You have to have both dharma and adharma." So Karna says to a fuming Duri, while kneeling "If this is so, then give me the permission to remove this crown." And saying so he removes it and says that his adharma is full of revenge, and you have a right to do so, but if I am taking part in that, it's probably because of the greed for the crown and I cannot bear that my friend." Shakuni smiles.

And Karna places the crown on the ground and tells Duri he no longer wants to be the king of Anga, but the old Radheya. Please forgive me. 

Duri is now pissed and says "this is what you are giving me... SUTA PUTRA ..." Karna's folded arms fall, and tears seem to appear in his eyes. But he controls this and stands up and has an eyelock with his bromancing partnet. He tells Duri to not be angry, I will be your kavach for my entire life, on your one order i will die 100 times, but to serve you I don't need to be a king.
Duri isn't pleased, but Shakuni interferes and says I am pleased though. If the raja part isn't what Karna desires, then don't be stubborn; it's pointless. He turns to Karna and tells him maharati Karna, you are free from the kingship, you are only in the friendship relationship. Karna says "you are too kind Yuvraaj"... he turns to Shakuni and asks him to allow Vrushali to go to IP becuase he promised her under his mitrata (to Duri). Shakuni says that it will be fulfilled, that girl is free to go. I'll take the king's rage to my head, you please go now. 

After some pranipaths and Duri refusing to look at Karna, Karna walks out. As soon as he leaves, Duri screams "Mamashree!" but Shakuni cunningly tells him "My Bachche. The sword is sharpened before the war. If you keep sharpening the sword every day with stones, the sword will break during the war!" Saying so Shakuni picks up the crown and says if your friend keeps chanting the adharma adharma mala, he will lose his samarthya. 

PRECAP: Nakul reveals to the Pandavas that no one in Hastinapur has permission to attend IP's nagar pooja. Arjun angrily says that they have imprisoned mata. Yuddhi orders the other Pandavas to go to Hastinapur and request the king on behalf of their mother. As they arrive to the outer gates of IP, lo and behold Karna and Vrushali are standing there (on their feet, perhaps it was a padayatra?). Krishna smiles,  and everyone is either suprised or angry...

Anyway, this ends my narration dear friends. Keep tuning in to StarKarna!!! 

(This was my first write up, so I know it is a tad long. It's too early to be making prans, otherwise I would make one right now 😆)

Edited by shyam09 - 10 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moumimon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
thanks for written update dear...