TOI: Ratan Rajput (Amba) to reappear in MB!

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

I've just not met my definition of true love: Ratan rajput

Vijaya Tiwari,TNN | Feb 22, 2014, 07.03 PM IST

I've just not met my definition of true love: Ratan rajput
From being a face of a popular show to getting married on national Television, TV actressRatan Rajput aka Laliya of 'Agle Janam' has done it all. The actress, who was seen inMahabharat, after her brief stint in controversial reality series Bigg Boss, speaks about her re-appearance in Siddarth Kumar Tewary's 'Mahabharat' on Star Plus and her life.

How do you feel on your re-appearance in Mahabharat?
I feel good, it's difficult to play a character after a break but after getting into the costume it's not difficult.

Do you relate to Amba?
Somewhere, somehow I do. Amba and I, both, don't forget if someone tries to hurt us in life. She doesn't forgive and I can't forget.

Your association with Siddharth Kumar Tewary has been long. Do you think of his production house as your home?
Yes, It's like family for me. I never do cameos but when Siddharth told me to play Amba, I just couldn't refuse.

You are still remembered as Laali of Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya He Kijo. How do you feel?
It's a compliment for me and my work, but I have realized that over a period of time, people have begun to recognize me as Ratan. And I think it is because of shows like Swayamwar and Big Boss. I have gained recognition and people know me now as Ratan. Also, I am currently very happy, as whatever roles I've done in my career, people like them. Whether, it is Amba or Lalli they have made me who I am today and I am happy people remember the roles that I've played.

You look quite different off-screen. How do you manage to stay so thin?
I am blessed with a lean physique. I love walking and I'd rather walk for hours than go to gym. I also love raw vegetables, I love salads so it all works in my favor. I am not a foodie so I end up staying healthy.

Three things you want to change about yourself?
I do not want to change anything about myself, all that's me right now makes "me".

What kind of shows you want to do?
I want to do meaningful shows now. Shows that are message and story oriented. I basically want to do realistic work that connects me with the audience and doesn't come forth as something fake and unrealistic.

What are your views on friendship?
Friends are a basic necessity but it depends who gets lucky in finding true friends.

What love means to you?
Love is a necessity in life, those claiming they don't need love are blatant liars. Each and every soul needs someone to love and care for them. It's a beautiful feeling and everyone should experience it.

Why are you so single in life?
I have just not met my definition of true love yet. I think everything happens at the right time and it will also happen when the time is right.

What is your philosophy of life?
I believe in karma therefore, what goes around comes around.

What are your future plans?
I do not believe in planning my future and therefore I have no comments, all plans fail in front of God.

Edited by ....Poojie.... - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1Rockstar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs, looking forward 
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
TFS
Is this going to be a flashback?
Shriya95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good news!!! I always wanted Ratan to play shikandini as well...she's perfect for it...but no offence to Shikha Singh...she's nice too😊
butterturnips thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
TFS 😊
I guess she will be shown in the flashbacks! I liked Ratan as Amba..happy to see her back!! Looking forward to her scenes! 😊
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Could they be planning to turn Shikhandini into a boy and perhaps make Ratan play it. does that make sense?πŸ˜†
probably not.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Tfs :-)
I knew it! πŸ˜›

No not a flashback!

A scene with Bhishma, Amba and Shikhandini together.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Shruti

Tfs :-)
I knew it! πŸ˜›

No not a flashback!

A scene with Bhishma, Amba and Shikhandini together.

In that case, can Shikhandi marry Amba, and solve the latter's main grudge w/ Bheeshma?  I'm talking about Starjuna here, not the main story.

In DkDM, we once had Sati & Parvati meet & have a conversation, so here too, we can have a tete a tete b/w Amba & Shikhandini πŸ˜†