"Sunil should've never left our show" : Kapil Sharma

-RanDeep- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

"Sunil should've never left our show" : Kapil Sharma

Kapil Sharma, who made it a point to watch the inaugural episode of his former associateSunil Grover's "Mad In India", says the latter shouldn't have ever quit his show Comedy Nights with Kapil.

Kapil Sharma, who made it a point to watch the inaugural episode of his former associate Sunil Grover's "Mad In India", says the latter shouldn't have ever quit his show Comedy Nights with Kapil.

Sunil effectively and effortlessly portrayed Gutthi in Comedy Nights with Kapil before leaving the show late last year. He has now embarked on his own show "Mad In India", where he plays the character of Chutki.

Kapil watched the show, and said: "All I can say is, he (Sunil) should have never left our show. Sunil was part of a very collaborative and creative team. We were all part of the success of our show.

"I am saying this with not a shred of excessive humility, but the show belongs to the entire talented team. Ali Asgar, who plays my Daadi, Upasana Singh who plays my Bua, Kiku Sharad who plays Palak and Sumona Chakravarti who plays my wife and, of course, Sidhu paaji (Navjot Singh Sidhu).

"What would the show be without them? Sunil was an integral part of the team."

So what went wrong?

"I don't know. Sunil has been around trying to find his bearings in the entertainment industry. He's my senior. I've the highest regard for his talents. And I am not the kind to feel threatened or competitive about anyone.

"In fact, I go out of my way to ensure every member of my team has a chance to take centrestage, so I can relax. Sunil must have been provoked into leaving by people around him," said Kapil, who launched Comedy Nights with Kapil on Colors in June last year.

Kapil is also upset with Sunil's show.

"Jo baat Gutthi mein thi hamare show mein, woh baat mujhe Chutki mein nahin dikhi (I don't find Sunil's Chutki act to be comparable with his Gutthi on my show).

"Sunil seems lost on the show. As he is my friend and a very important team member, I can only hope to see him happy and comfortable in whatever he is doing," he said, adding that in all fairness, Sunil has every right to do his own show.

Mad In India went on air on Star Plus on Feb 16.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Rohit thumbnail
by that logic even kapil should not have left CC...are bhai jisko jaha jana hai jane do na...
preetie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Rohit

by that logic even kapil should not have left CC...are bhai jisko jaha jana hai jane do na...

Can't disagree with you more. Kapil left low rating show to something bigger. 
_Rohit thumbnail

Originally posted by: preetie

MID could also be big ...
preetie thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Rohit

MID could also be big ...

sure it can so far it has given all indications of upcoming success...yawn
lamboobabu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

preetiji, aap ne meri muhin ki baat chhin li,
earlier,I used to only watch kapil's part in comedy circus
it was simply a tamasa and was surviving only due to kapil...
what kapil intended to say is,
sunil on his own cannot carry a show independently
I think he is right...
preetie thumbnail

Originally posted by: lamboobabu

preetiji, aap ne meri muhin ki baat chhin li,
earlier,I used to only watch kapil's part in comedy circus
it was simply a tamasa and was surviving only due to kapil...
what kapil intended to say is,
sunil on his own cannot carry a show independently
I think he is right...

I feel bad for Sunil. He really thought he was bigger than what actually he is. I saw someone of his interviews and he was talking like he has attained status of Amitabh Bachan. 

I have seen him in other shows and he wasn't that entertaining. So I didn't expect anything more from him.

Most people crack under pressure. He is under a lot of pressure. Mad in India is doomed from day 1. Only miracle can save it and that miracle need to happen every week.
Edited by preetie - 10 years ago
suhanakkt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry to say I even don't get how come some none comedian thi k he can do his own comedy show?i don't think sunil got this talent yet. Even I see lot of people appropriate gutti character nd I think I m the only one who don't like gutti that much. Gutti nd sidhu nd sometime dadi are irritating character for me but still it's ok as long as kapil makes thing better. I really don't feel empty without gutti I like palak more then gutti my only fear kapil himself getting bz with movie nd just read new article cnwk will now air once a week.what now dadi,bua,nd palak all of start new comedy show by their name? they getting popular that doesn't make them great comedian who can make their own comedy show.i have nothing against sunil but if he do by his own name nd host as a man what he really is nd don't copy from cnwk show or gutti character then we might say yes he is trying his own idea.but his show just plain bakwas anyway really not interested about bogus show like mad in india 😃. Lo ve cnwk nd kapil is best for forever nd one more thing kapil left comedy circus it's true but he doing cnwk with his own idea what is different then his previous comedy show.
skyforceguy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

sure it can so far it has given all indications of upcoming success...yawn

😆
tareyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i seriously feel he should have nvr quit ... everrybody doesnt hit bull's eye 😆