Is it a Spam thread or what ...! ðŸ˜²
enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ScorpionGunner

Is it a Spam thread or what ...! ðŸ˜²

tum kahan se aaye ðŸ˜†

haan sorta i guess
Do you guys chattar pattar so much that you all need two chatter pattar threads at the same time ? ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜†
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Zephs will explain more later. See if this makes sense.

Whatsapp has seen max growth in 4 years compared to fb/twitter etc. It has a wider base outside US. Also projected to have around $1 billion users. So even if the attention is off fb in the near future, the company doesn't loose majority of its market. 

BBM is loosing stream . Viber/line are direct competitors, now with fb's backing whatsapp can monopolize its market. I won't be surprised to see fb gunning for some sort of advertising in the distant future. If this deal comes through in atleast 2-3 years, it will be a game changer. Imagine most of your apps on your phone belongs to fb. The data mine of info.

I feel the aim is to keep whatsapp away from google, the other aggressive competitor. Zukerberg is being aggressive in order to eat out his competitors even in parallel markets. He is set to eliminate all threats to fb for some time now - both direct and indirect. 

I see the argument against this price too. At $19 billion, Facebook is paying over $42 for each of WhatsApp's 450 million users, most of which live in developing countries. This is going to be a lot to recover. I feel fb will have to advertise in some form or another.

But we need to give it real good time to see if this comes out to be success story. I see the intent , lets see what is the long term strategy plan of fb. one thing is for sure , our online data is worth way more now than in 1999.
Fb stock are so ridiculously overvalued so trading it for another overvalued company to shore up its moat cab actually  be a really smart move.

Edited by charminggenie - 10 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I feel its a very good move by facebook. intelligent enough. ..😊
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Avocado.Girl.

Do you guys chattar pattar so much that you all need two chatter pattar threads at the same time ? ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜†

😆haaa

Btw I love Avocado juice!😉
Edited by Vinzy - 10 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Zukerberg is moving fb big time. Whatsapp is a good buy even with zero advertising revenue, but baffling how a company of about 55 employees is worth more than Blackstone.  

Originally posted by: enigmatic_zephy

CG 

throw some light please on why this is not an overpriced deal?

I don't use whatsapp and neither have i bothered to look into their model - so taking a shortcut. 

You explain it , please :) 

( isn't the app limited to messaging and photo sharing or does it support ecommerce? - i am just wondering whats so great abt just texting)

Also, is instagram deal working fine? ( but that was meagre compared to this right?)

Zephs you should get Whatsapp! By far my favourite app. The only thing that used to annoy me about this app is the 'last seen time' but luckily for iPhone users, it's easy to switch that off! From my contracted 600 free texts, I probably only use like 15 a month thanks to WhatsApp! Probably the best 69p or 99 cents you'll ever spend!

I sound like a WA employee sheesh! lol I found this on Twitter - so I'm not sure how true it is but if it is true, then it all makes sense really..

Embedded image permalink

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
More economics:-

Facebook actually paid 4 billion in cash and the rest in stock. 19 billion with 2 billion in breakup fees. Forget the stock as that is probably locked up and is accounted for but the cash payment is actually equivalent to 1,5 $ per Facebook shareholder or 2.2% like a dividend.
F b purchased instagram with 70mil users and thats now grown to over 180mil and its making money. Once they integrate FB with whatsapp the user base will reach 750mil within a year. How they will monetize it remains to be seen but there is a plan here and so far it has been working.

Phew , I feel like going all banker on this deal! My industry needs these exciting deals!

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
CG I could totally use your analysis skills on my upcoming uni projects!! lol
Indian politics is such a joke. I switched on NDTV to see some politician trying to express his opinion on Telangana with a bunch of 5-7 protesters (also politicians) chanting 'wapas lo, wapas lo' without even giving the guy a chance to speak.