Akshat Singh gets standing ovation on The Ellen Show (Youtube Video)

Javed__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ankit rode into The Ellen Show on a little bike . Ankit rode into The Ellen Show on a little bike .

Summary

Eight-year-old Akshat Singh, has become famous all over the world because of his Salman Khan like moves.

Eight-year-old Akshat Singh, has become famous all over the world because of his Salman Khan like moves. Chubby little Ankit, rode into The Ellen Show on a little bike and went on to perform tough routine of headstands, cartwheels and Bollywood-style dance moves.

The moment he finished doing his fancy breath taking splits, audience was on its feet clapping and cheering up loudly.
Akshat, who hails from city of joy Kolkata, is a semi-finalist on the show India's Got Talent.
Ankit flew to USA last week after being invited onto the show by host Ellen DeGeneres herself. The pocket sized power house who is also a Salman Khan fan was about to dance to a hit song from Salman's film but could not get the permission to use the track in time for his performance.

Nevertheless, Akshat enthralled people and received a new bike with his name on it as a gift from Ellen.
When Ellen asked Akshat about his dancing routine at home, he said, "I dance everyday for three hours and eat for the rest of the time." He further added, "If you don't put petrol into the car it wouldn't run," which got him loud claps and made people laugh.
Watch Akshat dance on The Ellen Show:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6p2i0_mPfE[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by JK_Jai_HO - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DianaPrince thumbnail
better than the original
Go akshat go👏🥳
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
He is so cute, hats off chotay 
There was a debate on many sites on how foreigners criticized his performances and bashed india and Bollywood industry for being poor influence on this kid

Those retards can stuff it up their @$$

Coz he rocks 👏
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice!!
From UK's Mirror to The Independent, he has been featured across the globe for his splits, vaults and backflips that has taken the internet by storm. 

And now, the chubby lil eight-year-old from Kolkata, Akshat Singh is headed to the US for a tete-a-tte with none other than Ellen DeGeneres. 

The famous American TV chat show host has interviewed biggies including the US President Barack Obama and soccer star David Beckham on her show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show. 

A student of class two, Akshat, who floored all with his crotch-grabbing dance moves on the reality TV show India's Got Talent (IGT), last month, however, says he doesn't know who Ellen is. 

Ask him where he learnt his killer moves from, and he says, "Bhai se seekha (Learnt from brother)." 

When prodded if he's talking about his elder brother, Akshat, who was invited by Ellen's team after his video went viral, instantly clarifies, saying, "Nahi Nahi, Sallu Bhai." 

A die-hard fan of Salman Khan, he adds, "Bhai big boss hain, aur main chota boss hoon. US mein jakar bhi faarh dunga sabko!" 

Last month, Akshat left IGT judges Kirron Kher, Malaika Arora Khan and Karan Johar in splits when he displayed a fusion of break dance and tapori dance on a medley of Salman Khan's songs from various films including Wanted, Dabbang and Bodyguard. 

Ever since, his video on the internet has got over a million hits, apart from being shared by people on various social networking platforms. 

"My favourite film is Bodyguard. I don't even remember how many times I have seen it," says the pint-sized wonder. 

Ask him how he has the freedom to watch so much TV, and he retorts, "Sab dekhte hain, main kyon nahin dekhoonga! Aur padhai bhi toh karta hoon main. (Everybody watches, so why won't I watch? And I do my studies as well!)." 

Indeed, Akshat is a bright kid at school too. "He has even got a scholarship. He is very good in studies," says his dad Abhay, who runs a small business of tea leaves in Kolkata. 

Considering his weight, the li'l one was also complimented by KJo for his agility. But you dare not question his fitness. "Arrey, chicken khata hoon main, fit kyon nahin hounga! (I eat chicken, why won't I be fit?" he explains.
Akshat Singh performs on TV show India's Got Talent.
- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/television/india-s-wonder-kid-akshat-singh-on-us-chat-show/article1-1183144.aspx#sthash.uSOmtshA.dpuf
Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This kid is adorable...and Ellen's face was worth looking and the kid was dancing 😆 ...awww so so cute...but I couldn't understand...why did they not get permission to play the original song...hud hud dabangg...anyone knows?? 😕

And there are people who are criticizing an 8 year old?? seriously those assholes need to STFU.. 😵
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originial video india got talent where he dances on Salmans songs, not sure why they couldnt get permission on the song anyways heres the video link!! ..the kid is a riot and talented!!
The link when he danced on india got talent show!! 👏👏

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a4fkf_india-s-got-talent-a-seulement-8-ans-il-bluffe-tout-le-monde_news
Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
Desichiqneez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OWmaaafudgeee...!!!!!👏👏

dat lil boy is sowhhh ADORABLEEE no...!!!!

I want to bring him  homeee...!!!!!🤣
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I love this kid..can't beleive he is only 8 years old..his expressions are much better than a lot of Bollywood actors. lol
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
A few thoughts:

1) Stupid IGT didn't let them use the original song Akshat dances on, which was Mera hi jalwa. Why? Ellen said they didn't have the rights for it, how can that be? It's a frikkin movie song, what rights do IGT have over Mera hi jalwa? Ruined his entire performance coz the poor kid had to dance to some random remix music without words. Took half the impact away.

2) I think it wasn't the best idea to use Akshat as a representation of India's Got Talent when it comes to dance coz it just propagates the stereotype that Bollywood dancing is more silly than anything else. Granted that Akshat is entertaining if you know the songs, but he's not the best dancer in India.
Personally, why not takes some of the kids from Dance India Dance? What about that lil 8 year old kid named Jeet Das? Now HE is insanely talented. The rhythm that Jeet Das has is insanely unreal. An 8 year old with that much control over his body and that much rhythm IS real talent and something that can be competed worldwide. Also, he does amazing dance moves to MJ songs remixed with hindi music, which would have been a much better platform for India IMO
Edited by desigal90 - 10 years ago