imdudehead thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!

I am so sorry this is late!This is my first DOTW so forgive me if its not good😭

"Woh Humne sab kuch de deenge par hum sirf dhokha denge" - Anshumaan

"Ek jhoot ko chupane ke liye kitne jhoot bholoongi"-Lavanya

"Agar tumhe chobe ga  tu mujhe choobe ga dard tho dono ko ek jaise hi hoga'

During the first episode of Tumari Paakhi it was shown that Anshumaan can do anything to enhance his image (risking his life in Rock Climbing, Bringing Paakhi from Chitorgarh)

The importance for appearance plays an important role in Anshumaans character

Where do you think he got this attribute from?

Do you think he was always like this?

Anshumaan was ready to tell Paakhi his truth when do you think this means in the development of his character

Do you think when Anshumaan's truth comes out to Paakhi he needs to lose his reputation, his truth should become public? Or does he deserve to keep his fake image?

How does Paakhi control her image? in contrast to Anshumaan

Edited by imdudehead - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice topic😛 I don't write much these days but here is a my take on the questions..

First, I have to mention... these questions were very thoughtful and probably the discussions will lead to a lot of insight👏 Well done.. And here is my take on those questions..

Anshuman's obsession with his image would and probably has been with him forever. Maybe this is how he was brought up. Being born rich and staying with those of his kind, he probably knows no better. Just look at Lavanya's friends, to some extent Mr. Rana and the rest who make up Anshuman's 'crowd'.
Living in the midst of people who consider themselves up and above everyone else and try their maximum to keep up that image is what makes Anshuman obsess about his image. The fact is that he knows no better. There is no one who will tell him different, not his big sis nor his friends. They are all almost alike. They know nothing better.

Just imagine someone as competitive as Anshuman. Combine this with the 'crowd' he lives in and you get some insight on his obsession towards his image. And as his marriage also seems to have been one of convenience, no wonder he knows no better. That is exactly why he underestimated Paakhi and her relatives. He knew no better. Like everyone around him, he equated living on a strata lesser than his meant, people like Paakhi knew no better and would surely be lesser than him in all ways.. That meant in etiquette, smartness, dressing sense etc., And like all around him, these superficial things mattered the most to him. The things like care, love, happiness, family never crossed his mind.

But when Paakhi came into his life, she started showing him some things that first made no sense to him in the beginning but now has slowly started to make sense. That is the reason why Anshuman was ready to tell Paakhi the truth.. There is something about a clean, frank and truthful person that makes you want to be the same with them.

Paakhi in her various actions has shown Anshuman some things he never thought about. She has shown that 'image' is just an illusion. She proved by coming out with flying colors in front of his 'crowd' while also maintaining her basic dignity and culture. She showed him the shallowness of those around him. She had the courage to stand up to the people who bullied her. She showed him that there is something sweet about being selfless.

But the problem is Anshuman sees Paakhi and he is still trying to decode her. We are talking about years of believing something and letting go of it in 4 months. That is why Anshuman always looks confused. He cannot believe all Paakhi stands for because he has never known it. And now, in these short months, he sees something that has overturned all his beliefs and he cannot accept it so easily. Hence his struggle.

So the question is, should Anshuman lose his image as retribution for misleading Paakhi this long? I do not think it would make matters any better. I think Anshuman's image should remain but his perception of that image should shatter. The very image he wanted to protect so badly should be the reason he loses the one thing that will be most precious to him than image.
Remember that Anshuman has never been in love. But he is slowly falling in love with Paakhi. If after Paakhi knows, Anshuman loses his image, his anger at that will cloud his feelings about Paakhi but imagine having the thing he coveted most, the image for which he was ready to bring his child bride home, pretend with her. make her go through a lot, hurt his son and finally make his son lose the only mother he knows.. Imagine when Anshuman realizes that the most coveted image can never ever bring back the way he felt when Paakhi was around.. I think this will be the biggest retribution to him.

Anshuman wanted his image to be intact because he considers that this is what makes him the best among those around him. But when he realizes that this 'image' of his is useless when it comes to getting the person he loves, his perception of his trophy will change and he will finally realize the illusions and superficiality that surrounds him.

As for the final question.. I do not think Paakhi ever worries about how she looks in the eyes of others. She has a code, her inbred morals and values and to her that is the most important. She has time and again shown Lavanya that she does not covet being a part of the 'IT' crowd that Lavanya so craves about. Hence Paakhi has no issues letting herself be herself. 😊

A long post. But I was in the mood.😉
simidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
good  topic  will have to think
jakr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
A wonderful post induhead  really you have said it all. He has never seen a world apart from the glitter buzz he is around him . And he has a strong bonding with Lavanya his eldersister may be in his mothers place.  so whatever she says to him he has grown up like that. He discusses everything with his sister and the effect of her  influence is the result of his arrogance . yes Rana and tanya add to this effect. 
In his entire life he has not got a person like Pakhi who without putting a challange of her own wins all his challanges with great ease and without complaint. and this final sacrifice. that is going to nail him he has started cracking and now he is going to come down crumbling I would look forward to Tp with all this emotions. The real love story is to begin now
And I am little happy that it may not end in march but a little longer to give a proper perspective to the whole story.  But it is not going to be dragged I am sure. 
Whatever I just enjoy watching TP very different treatment of human emotions
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Good topic I shall get back to this in short period!