Todar Mal: The Finance Wizard

brownprincess25 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
He was one of the Nine Jewels of Akbar's Court and took care of the Financial Administrative duties along with being a praiseworthy soldier/warrior.
Also Donjas said in another post"In my opinion Todar Mal was the second most influential person in India's medieval period after Akbar.
His agricultural reforms benefited more people than the actions of any other ruler or official.
I was reading up on Todar Mal and I was surprised to learn that there is a statue of him at the world famous TTD Balaji Temple of Tirupat"
Edited by brownprincess25 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That is a very interesting picture. An incident happened in Akbar's life when he visited Prayag with his closest aides including Todar Mal. The royal party reached the banks of the Ganges. As they looked a mound of earth rose from the center of the river and a small island was formed.
Akbar was greatly affected by it, people went to that island in boats and performed prayers.  Maybe it's the same island being shown in the picture.
Peacefulmind thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
than akbar was linked to south india too...andra pradesh
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for the info dear ðŸ˜Š
RagSia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
At Balaji???
Wow!
Never knew this.
Todarmal n Birbal r same or diff re?
Any idea?
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
tfs😊..actually when i was a kid i had a big doll which was my favorite and everyone named it as todar mal..the less i knew at that time about todar mal..but found the name fascinating and funny!

Originally posted by: Donjas

That is a very interesting picture. An incident happened in Akbar's life when he visited Prayag with his closest aides including Todar Mal. The royal party reached the banks of the Ganges. As they looked a mound of earth rose from the center of the river and a small island was formed.
Akbar was greatly affected by it, people went to that island in boats and performed prayers.  Maybe it's the same island being shown in the picture.

Where is this Island?! And that seems magical how it just appeared. I feel every time I say his name, I am saying Toad instead. 

Originally posted by: RagSia

At Balaji???
Wow!
Never knew this.
Todarmal n Birbal r same or diff re?
Any idea?

Todar and Birbal are different persons, but both part of the Nine Jewels. Todar was the Finance person and Birbal was his Adviser (military/political). 

Originally posted by: mandyg

tfs😊..actually when i was a kid i had a big doll which was my favorite and everyone named it as todar mal..the less i knew at that time about todar mal..but found the name fascinating and funny!

You mean Toad ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: brownprincess25

Todar and Birbal are different persons, but both part of the Nine Jewels. Todar was the Finance Administrator and Birbal was Akbar's adviser (military/political).