ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ayushmaan bana Alibaba
   By: Tushar Joshi
   May 31, 2005

ROLE-REVERSAL:
Vinod Singh as Alibaba
After featuring as a wonder doctor in Ayushmaan (Sony), Vinod Singh will now be seen in a new avtaar in Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag (Star Plus). With this daily, the actor gets back to acting post his stint with Ayushmaan.

"I play the role of Alibaba in an episodic story along with Dollie (Karishma Randeva)," says Singh, who appears in the show on June 6. "Princess Dollie meeting Alibaba has a very interesting premise. He knows about her past and she also knows what he has been through. Dressing up for the part was real fun," he adds.

Reportedly, the actor had given up on television and wanted to take a break from serials post his Ayushmaan experience. Confirming this he says, "Yes I have decided not to do anymore television. I am disillusioned by my personal experience. There are other mediums also where you could work as an actor."

Quiz him about his decision on doing Princess Dollie and he says, "It's just for four episodes, and is more of a friendly gesture. I had a good time shooting it as the format has become like a fantasy epic."

Singh is also excited about his forthcoming play titled Black Market opposite Mayuri Kango, which will be tentatively staged on June 19.

Describing his experience he says, "I am playing a tapori in it. The theme of the play is how actors get caught in a web of make-believe and how things further on lead to complications in relationships. The play has a dark theme, yet lot of humour at the same time. There are some really funny dialogues which instantly crack up."

At present, Singh is busy rehearsing for the play and on the verge of signing a film. "The script needs to be completed and some other minute details remain to be worked out." 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

glamour_girl thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

thanx for the interview!