I never wanted to be a Star--Ashish Sharma

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Says Ashish Sharma who's happy being just an actor; talks about his chemistry with co-star Sanaya Irani

Unlike Bollywood, on television, one hardly comes across actors who go to great lengths to prepare for a role. But Ashish Sharma is an exception. Apart from working on his physique to fit the role of a military officer in his latest show, Rangrasiya, Ashish has also worked hard to get into the skin of his rather challenging character. The result is his sizzling chemistry with costar Sanaya Irani. And this has, not surprisingly, set the tone for the show. In this interview, he talks about all this and more.

Sanaya is already a star. Do you fear she will overshadow you?

She is an extremely popular TV star. But she's friendly and doesn't have a star aura around her. It's easy to work with her. I've never felt that she will overshadow me.

You both share great chemistry. What do you think is the reason behind it?

If two actors can communicate well during a scene, it works and makes for good chemistry. It's more than just hanging around on the sets.

Although you've had hit shows, do you think popularity has evaded you?

There'll always be a difference between a star and an actor. I've nothing against stars. They've earned it and deserve it. I'm happy being just an actor. When I came to Mumbai, I only wanted to be an actor and my approach hasn't digressed over the years. I never really hoped to be in the lime-

light or wanted to be a star.

Does your wife (Archana Taide) like your new look with the moustache?

She doesn't like it at all. But now she's made her peace with it. When I get into the shoes of any character, I work on getting the perfect look. For this role, I needed a desolate look and it meant staring into space for a long time. That drives her crazy too. But she's used to all the crazy stuff I do for my roles. (laughs)

Your show competes with your wife's show, Qubool Hai, in the same slot. What do you think of it?

Qubool Hai (QH) has a different audience. It has been on air for over a year. We have just started, so there's no competition as such.

MajorSa looks really good in the pic 😳

Edited by -purnima- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bolt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Nice interview. Thanks for sharing the article. ðŸ˜Š
I-Heart-Sanz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing
Ashish is a nice guy
Hope that through RR, he gets all that he truly deserves
P.Srinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
He is very humble &simple guy. .In his every interview he  says good word about Sanaya..Nice interview.
vanitha3d thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing. Ashish Sharma excellent acting..Nice interview.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Nice interview ... TFS ðŸ˜Š
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
He is really humble.

Tfs for the Article.

AKoz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs !!!
Hes a great actor...
Hope he'd reach the hights of popularity through
RR... Cause he deserves it.
quirkygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
He is down to earth person.
simple and straight forward answers
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I always know my hero ashish as I knew him from his first show. ..he always prefer to do powerful character. ..too happy he is again doing a very powerful character of rudra. ..he is truly an actor. ..no other actor can dominate him.love the way he is giving lot of respect to sanaya. ..he is a thoroughly gentlemen.