A Doting Father - Oneshot

AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Randomn feel good Oneshot ...enjoy the read !

A  Doting  Father- Oneshot

Fahad Abdullah entered home loosening his tie with one hand, the other holding goodies for his kids, he looked around hoping to see them running to him knowing it was time for their Dad to be back home, instead he found Zain flipping through a magazine seated comfortably at the main hall. 

'Assalamualaikum Zain' Fahad greeted sitting at the couch opposite him, placing the goodies at the center table, hoping to have a conversation with his brother.
'Walaikumassalam bhai, whatsup?'asked Zain bending forward to grab the packet. Fahad snatched it away from his reach. 'Its for the kids' he smiled kindly.
'What does younger bro get?' Zain asked pouting like a kid.
Fahad shook his head and took a fruit from the goodie bag tossing it towards Zain, who caught it swiftly.
'I love Apples' Zain smiled having taken a bite already.
'Bachcha party, daddy is Home!!' Zain called out.
Cheers and laughter rang in response, Fahad and Zain waited for the little one's to huddle around, their gaze fixed at the stairs. Soon enough to their surprise they spotted Saif, Sarah and Asna pulling Aliya along with them all grinning wide, as she tried to maintain her balance and speed tuned to the kids energy.
Zain's smile grew hesitant, yet his heart warmed seeing the kids and Aliya happy. 'Careful kids, don't treat your chachi like that' Fahad called out in concern. 
They came running to him, their arms spread wide, one by one Fahad hugged them while Aliya and Zain watched with utter fondness. 
Any sign of stress or tiredness had left Fahad's face as he handed over toys and fresh fruits to his kids. 
'Thanks Dad' Saif grinned, ready to take a bite of his pear. 
'Ah huh Saif!' Aliya stopped him. 'We will wash the fruits first'
'Yeah' said Sarah immediately. 'Our teacher taught us to always wash our hands and fruits before eating'
Zain stared at his apple feeling red all of a sudden, he took another bite choosing not to care.
'Give them to me and wash your hands. I will be back in a second' smiled Aliya as she took the bag of fruits.
All three of them obeyed as they rushed to clean their hands. Zain watched in surprise as they came back, wiping their hands dry.
'How was your day at school, kids?' asked Zain. Saif, Sarah and Asna to his surprise rushed to sit next to him. 'Thank you chachu!' They exclaimed hugging him.
'Thank You?What for?' He asked returning their hug.
'For chachi' Sarah smiled.
Zain's smile grew hesitant again, while fahad watched with utter fondness.
'Chachi is nice?' Fahad asked.
'Very much Dad' Asna nodded.'She told us stories of angels'
'Angels?' Fahad asked surprised.
'Yes dad' said Sarah excited. 'Did you know they are real? They are made of light!!'
'Noorrr' recalled Saif fascinated at the very thought. 
'Chachi has been giving you some good Islamic knowledge, that's nice' smiled Fahad. 'Where's you mom, Saif?'
'Don't know' Saif shrugged casually.
Aliya returned with fruits sliced properly in a plate. The kids rushed to her hoping to grab some, to their surprise Aliya lifted the plate up at a height.
'No grabbing, sit first' she ordered.
They pouted in protest. 'Do you want stars in your food or not?' Shes asked playing surprised.
'Stars?' Asked Sarah.
'Yeah stars of barkat' Aliya answered.
'Barkat? that's the name of our house' said Saif confused.
'Barkat means blessing, Allah will send blessings on your food' Aliya explained.
'How do we get stars?' asked lil Asna.
'5 Steps. You will have to sit patiently, say Bismillah eat with your right hand and chew your food properly. Once finished say Alhamdulillah'
Teacherji, thought Zain, there was no way the kids would get disciplined given this lesson.
'Okay then. Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem' recited Saif sitting on the couch as he took his first bite. His sisters followed and feasted to their hearts brim while Zain watched them in surprise. 
'Glad to know they are getting along with you Aliya, hope they are no trouble' smiled Fahad.
'They are fun, and i get bored, it feels good to have them around.' Aliya smiled.
'Bored?' Said Fahad surprised. 'Zain you should take her out, explore Mumbai together.' 
Zain remained quiet, ignoring his brother's suggestion. 
'They were waiting for you since long' said Aliya changing the topic.
'Really? They always do, but seemed to have forgotten their Dad today because of Chachi!' Fahad teased his kids, reaching out to tickle them. 'Is that true?' He asked Saif who laughed trying to get out of his father's grip. 'Noo' Saif grinned in response. 
'You are so good with them' Zain smiled genuinely.
'Wait till you have kids' smiled Fahad. 'I already know you will be a doting father' 
Aliya's face colored as she stared at Zain, she hastened to turn away and left the room.
Zain stared into oblivion at his brother's words. A doting father. A thought that had never crossed his mind.

My Other works on ZaYa : Edited by AnotherAdmirer - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maneesha_Shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow well written...
Zain aliya and a kid? looks cute
Zain is surprised that aliya and kids are getting along well...jealous?
Lovely OS...
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Forgot to mention, don't know the kid's names, picked myself :P 
Also wont be able to send PM's for now :)
-Minion- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice and cute os.
hope we get to see this in serial also.
Crucio. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Perfectly written. 
This was cute!! 
Keep Writing More :) 
-Ammie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This was such a thoughtful One Shot, really well written and realistic..hoping to see some light hearted moments like these in the show itself ðŸ˜³ Edited by -Ammie- - 10 years ago
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Thanks guys ! ! 🤗 Means a lot :) Glad you all liked it 😳
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
That was SO adorable. Brought a huge smile on my face :)
Please do write more OS.
-.serendipity.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
R
unres... 

lovely os! i really enjoyed reading it! 
it was very well written ðŸ˜Š
Edited by Wahian4lyf - 10 years ago
LD-Radha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3