Article: Destiny’s children

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Destiny's children
Wednesday, August 30, 2006  23:50 IST

On the sets...

Ansy Austin

Telltale: Gauri (Pallavi Sulabh) plays a simple, middle-class girl who puts her family's interest before anything else and has dreams of a happy married life. But after getting married to Shashank (Sumeet Sachdev), her life takes a different turn.

Inside out: The sets have purple wavy designs on the walls and green-tinted glasses.

Part of 'Karam Apnaa Apnaa' (Star Plus) has been shot in a haveli in Kolkata where the film 'Parineeta' was also filmed. Ektaa Kapoor signed on Pallavi after spotting her in a 30 second role in 'Tumhari Disha' (Zee).

Role model: Apara Mehta (dadi) plays the head of the Kapoor family. She plays a Punjabi who has adapted to the Bengali culture.

Real life couple Rajiv (Rana) and Delnazz (Shibani) Paul, will play on-screen husband and wife for the first time in the show.

Salil Ankola (Mahen) plays a hardcore businessman. Geetanjali Tikekar (Maya), plays Mahen's sister and describes her character as "outrageously flamboyant, someone who always has a meaningful smile on her face."

Amarnath Kapoor (dada) says, "I play a grandfather with a difference — I flirt, dance, play sports even as I do pooja." Amit Balla (Alok Chatterjee) plays Gauri's father, a kanjoos.

The cast also includes Iqbal Khan, Achint Kaur, Rupa Ganguly and Jaya Battacharya.

Newcomers: Karan Patil plays Vivan Kapoor. Karan Kapoor plays Prasinjeet (son of Roopa Ganguly). Rahul Jagtiani (Gladrags runner-up) plays party animal Josh.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaslove thumbnail
I don't remember seeing her in TD 😕
maja thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for info.

Jaslove, she played the role of Preetha in TD. I also see her in a programme called Ek bechaara Big B and there she plays role of Preeti.
harsy thumbnail
Thanks for the article....
Jaslove thumbnail

Originally posted by: maja

Thanks for info.

Jaslove, she played the role of Preetha in TD. I also see her in a programme called Ek bechaara Big B and there she plays role of Preeti.

she is not preetha cause I know this actress. she is an old actor of ekta kapoor. she has a long name geetanjali something like that, not sure.

she has acted in lots of ekat kapoor shows, recently was in Man Main Hai Visshwas on Aug 25th episode.

maybe they put wrong pic of her.

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks!! 😊

Mrs. Raisinghani