Saranghe, De Sarang

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I don't exactly know what this is but I felt like writing it so ready or not, here it comes. I am not sure if this is complete, I will decide with a more rested heart. I am angsty today. That's all you gotta know.

"Saranghanda, De Sarang (I love you, my love)", she said as her lips pursed on last time around mine. I opened my eyes to her straight dark lashes staring back at me through the closed lids. Our moment wasn't long or passionate but it was enough. Our moment was cut off abruptly but she was satiated. I could feel her smiling underneath me. She was happy, exhilarated to leave me. That day, everything was stable. The way it was supposed to be. One minute the sky wasn't falling. However, in the very next blink, I saw the life zapped out of her. There in my arms stood a corpse, a jelly, a thing that once was.

"Saranghe, De Sarang", she said when we first crossed paths twenty years ago. Today, she left me all alone in the same place as the clock struck nine.

"Saranghanda, De Sarang", her words rung in my head.

"Saranghe. Saranghe. Saranghe".

Each letter filled the vacuum in the room.

"De ara (I know)", I said as I left her slip out of my hands. Perhaps she knew I would never stay, not then, not now. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awww your 'Saranghanda, Ne Sarang' was adorable. Its the tragedy of life that it slips by your fingers in a split second and all you are left is with memories. In my case those memories are of my grandparents who have passed away years ago but my throat tightens when I remember them and I start crying. I even carry a picture of my grand dad in my wallet 😭. Its a hole that never fills up 🥺.
Don't know why I am writing this but when I read your Saranghanda script I remembered the ones who slipped past by me .

So I would just say Saranghamnida woori haraboje, halmeoni. I love you and miss you beyond you can imagine. 
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
beautiful Donna!

Like Whisper said - it takes but a second for things to change...I recently read a book called The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom and it was fantastic - about time and space and people and why we don't cherish the moments we have...
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: -WhisperMahi-

Awww your 'Saranghanda, Ne Sarang' was adorable. Its the tragedy of life that it slips by your fingers in a split second and all you are left is with memories. In my case those memories are of my grandparents who have passed away years ago but my throat tightens when I remember them and I start crying. I even carry a picture of my grand dad in my wallet 😭. Its a hole that never fills up 🥺.

Don't know why I am writing this but when I read your Saranghanda script I remembered the ones who slipped past by me .

So I would just say Saranghamnida woori haraboje, halmeoni. I love you and miss you beyond you can imagine. 

Hugs.
I didn't have a reason for why I wrote it but now I found one.
The piece is now complete. Thank you for sharing your story with me. 
I feel like my story found what it was missing <3
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetsorrow18

beautiful Donna!

Like Whisper said - it takes but a second for things to change...I recently read a book called The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom and it was fantastic - about time and space and people and why we don't cherish the moments we have...

thank you.
I should pick up the book soon.
Does it have anything to do with the 2009 movie?