Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: sohara

Congrats on the new thread.
Durga, Indi, Faiqa and Supriya, you guys are doing wonderful job to keep this thread alive. 
Katelyn, the tikka gif made me speechless.
Faiqa and supriya, your collages are fabulous as usual.
Sorry guys, my presence is less nowadays. Can't writing my reviews as well, as life has become too hectic with studies. The decision to post one episode each week is good. By this time we can catch up writing our reviews and also can discuss old episodes. I think we also can discuss about the episodes which are currently showing in Life OK and Tv Asia. the purpose of BFTP is to relive the show. So we can discuss all the episodes of IPK here.

Durga, the opening poem is stupendous. You are getting better with your each single piece of work.
Faiqa, your insightful and meaningful analysis of any scene or sequence is just marvelous. How you see things from different angle or i can say from third eye is unique. Loved how you pointed out ASR's hand position with Khushi in various moments. And your write up about tikka scene iss brilliant. The tikka scene was my absolute favorite scene of IPK. There was no physical intimacy in the scene but how they executed the scene was just impossibly romantic and passionate. It gave me goose bumps when Arnav uttered "Khushi" right after she put the tikka on him. His unexpressed emotions and feelings were conveyed through this monosyllable beautifully. Another dialogue I adored in the swami track was
"who the hell is swami!"
i almost died how he said that line! And of course the credit goes to Barun only. Such a fine actor he is! Missing him terribly.

Indi, you are were so right about the ott. Specially I was so annoyed on Khushi when she bathed ASR in public place. that was not OTT, but nonsense. The CVS became bonkers during that time i guess. But Sanaya did her comedy with excellence. I don't know this thread will continue with the GH track or not. But I somehow liked ASR's stay in GH. There were so many beautiful moments and significant events happened in that track. One of the important moment was Khushi and Garima's convo about Arnav. And I also loved Arnav's bonding with his in laws.

Looking forward for some interesting discussion about our favorite show. 
How Arnav never could leave Khushi, same way I never can leave IPK.
IPK's rashta main kabhi chodooN naa
a VM made by Zoha.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C9fibrD6hqk[/YOUTUBE]

Hi Sohara
The lines in pink gave me goosebumps too... And let's not forget damn the kartavya!🤣
And in blue.. I also liked the stay at GH. Some really sweet and funny moments and endless possibilities. Wish they had been explored instead of making Khushi a bit too uncaring at this point.

Am wondering does anyone have recommendations on any good SS/OS set during stay in GH?

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Congratulations Blasters, we have made it to another thread!  Great job everyone!

So let me start this discussion off ...

Episode 225  

How Can You Be So Different?

A handsome man, who looks gorgeous in green, just like his ladylove did during Teri Meri, shows so much concern for his pregnant sister. (his ladylove is in green today too)

"Di don't eat papaya during pregnancy."  Khushi sees and hears this and wonders how can a person be so different with two people, concern and extreme love for his sister, and hatred and indifference for his wife.   She is hurt  and walks away and I am sure is wondering,

How Can You Be So Different? 

Arnav is making sure his sister has taken all her vitamins and sees another pill pack that is unfamiliar to him.  He asks her what is this and goes into a panic when he finds out they are for dizziness.  She says to him that is why you don't know about this.  I was dizzy yesterday and I sent Shyam and Khushi to get this medicine.  He realizes his wrong.  He will be back and goes off to his room.

HP had found Shyam's sacred thread in Arnav's room and hands it to Anjali.  Too bad Arnav wasn't there to receive it or he would have found out that Shyam was snooping around in his room. (oh yeah!)

He sees Khushi ahead of him and recalls the incident that happened yesterday.  How hurt she must feel. He calls her and lets her know he knows she went to pick up Di's medicine and she could have told him and in reply she answers him that she doesn't have to tell him anything.  Clearly her pain is showing and she walks away from him.  His anger flares as he throws his towel and recalls Shyam's love for her, how he touched his wife in a fierce hug and destroyed all his hopes and dreams.  Gussa takes over and he thinks she didn't have to go with him she could have refused. (Poor girl did refuse, but Anjali didn't let her go alone 😔)

Naniji offers Shyam the offeratory and he takes advantage of her and uses her in his plan to find Arnav's locker key.  He shows her a sacred thread he received and suggests that Arnav wear it for he worried about some business deal.  He tells Naniji that Arnav will never accept it from him but if she offers it that will be a different story.  Naniji agrees and Arnav comes. (Hmm, there was a time when Arnav refused everybody but agreed to take the sacred thread when Shyam told him to. Did Nani forget that? Oh no, I forgot. There are bigger issues that are to be forgotten soon. 😆)

Oh my goodness what is the point of the next scene?

Mami being mean to Payal again. (Exactly. Start of the writers ignoring Payal & co.)

Naniji hands Arnav the thread saying it is from a great Saint.  She wants him to keep it in his wallet so his business progresses rapidly.  His eyes bug out.  Did you see that girls?  It was like he was saying are you kidding me?  My business is great just the way it is.  I don't need any of this stuff!  Sure enough he says he doesn't believe in all this, HE IS the reason for his business's success.  Here comes the Nani guilt, okay if you had done it, it would have made me happy!  He refutes and then Shyam jumps in using Anjali's name.  Naniji says leave it and walks away sadly. 

"Okay, okay."  He felled hook, line and sinker.  Shyam sure knows his stuff.  He says he doesn't know why he falls for this stuff. (Of course Shyam knows his stuff. He's been buttering the Raizada family successfully for the past 3 years.)

He starts to put the thread into his wallet and Shyam fake falls into him.  The wallet falls to the ground and he goes to pick it up seeing the key.  His plan has worked he now knows where the locker key is.  Arnav has looks that could kill.  (Arnav knew Shyam did it purposely. Why didn't he try to find out the reason?)

Arnav is looking for a file and is going to his room via poolside.  He walks into a red dupatta just as Khushi is taking down the drape.  The feel of the soft colored silk plays with his nerve endings.  A brief moment of bliss.  She takes the clothes down and heasks her how many times does he have to tell her not to put the clothes there?  You can take the girl out of the countr but not the country out of the girl.  She ignores him and he goes after her. 

Khushi, I am talking to you!

He comes in and she is handing her clothes to HP.  Following his orders? Laxmi collar has come loose she is fixing it. He is telling her in the background how her stuff is everywhere he can't find anything since she came.  He has been looking for this file...she walks away.  He gets frustrated  and Aman calls he asks him to continue looking and in returns Khushi with the file.  Aman asks for Khushi. Frustratingly he answers, "NO KHUSHI IS NOT HERE!"

He hangs up grabs his tie and says to her, it is good she is not talking to him it makes it more tolerable for him.  He tells her to explain everything to Mr. Shukla about the tiffin business he doesn't want her at the office.  If it were up to him she would be out of his room as well.  He tells her to do something with her life. (Aww, even at this point he wants her to do something meaningful with her life.)

So much hurt. So much hurt. Tsk, tsk.

Khushi says he doesn't want to see me so she will not come face to face with him.  She calls Buaji.

The evening comes and he is working in his room.  He hasn't seen Khushi; he checks on Di to make sure she has taken her medicines and still wonders where Khushi is.  He thinks about her.  He thinks its good she isn't there because it is peaceful and he grabs his book to read.  The night progresses and Khushi still is not there.  He falls asleep on the recliner.  He wakes up thinking about Khushi.  He returns to sleep.

The next morning he awakens to the sound of the wind chimes, perhaps she has just left the room and her essence has gone with her? (lovely, didn't think of that 😳)

She is not there.  HP brings him his tea.  He asks what about Khushi and Arnav jumps down his throat.  It's only okay for you to think about her but nobody else? He sees Salman Khan poster and thinks of Khushi.

He comes home and enters the house like any other day but it looks as if something is amiss.  (He was so hoping Khushi would open the door, but was disappointed that it was HP) You can sense it.  He hasn't seen Khushi.  He IS noticing her absence.  In the poster, in the stars, he is missing Khushi.  He looks for her sees HP asks where Khushi is he doesn't know but asks if he should find her.  Arnav says no he will search.  Naniji comes and asks who is he searching for he says no one.

His chocolate puppy dog eyes are lost, confused, where is she, the one I don't want to see? (Ya, he needs to find her, so that he can continue avoiding her.)

He turns to go back upstairs but hears her voice.  He follows the sound of her voice and sees...

What the hell is going on?

Couple of points for discussion:

Khushi's hurt

Arnav's realizing he was wrong to behave the way he did

Shyam's plan begins/ sacred thread guise

Arnav becoming angry because Khushi could have refused to go with Shyam

Missing Her

Any thoughts?

Cynthia, happy to read your take, infact any take after a long time. Glad I'm starting with yours. My comments in bold blue. 😊
DurgaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Congrats on the new thread.
Durga, Indi, Faiqa and Supriya, you guys are doing wonderful job to keep this thread alive. 
Katelyn, the tikka gif made me speechless.
Faiqa and supriya, your collages are fabulous as usual.
Sorry guys, my presence is less nowadays. Can't writing my reviews as well, as life has become too hectic with studies. The decision to post one episode each week is good. By this time we can catch up writing our reviews and also can discuss old episodes. I think we also can discuss about the episodes which are currently showing in Life OK and Tv Asia. the purpose of BFTP is to relive the show. So we can discuss all the episodes of IPK here.

Durga, the opening poem is stupendous. You are getting better with your each single piece of work.
Faiqa, your insightful and meaningful analysis of any scene or sequence is just marvelous. How you see things from different angle or i can say from third eye is unique. Loved how you pointed out ASR's hand position with Khushi in various moments. And your write up about tikka scene iss brilliant. The tikka scene was my absolute favorite scene of IPK. There was no physical intimacy in the scene but how they executed the scene was just impossibly romantic and passionate. It gave me goose bumps when Arnav uttered "Khushi" right after she put the tikka on him. His unexpressed emotions and feelings were conveyed through this monosyllable beautifully. Another dialogue I adored in the swami track was
"who the hell is swami!"
i almost died how he said that line! And of course the credit goes to Barun only. Such a fine actor he is! Missing him terribly.

Indi, you are were so right about the ott. Specially I was so annoyed on Khushi when she bathed ASR in public place. that was not OTT, but nonsense. The CVS became bonkers during that time i guess. But Sanaya did her comedy with excellence. I don't know this thread will continue with the GH track or not. But I somehow liked ASR's stay in GH. There were so many beautiful moments and significant events happened in that track. One of the important moment was Khushi and Garima's convo about Arnav. And I also loved Arnav's bonding with his in laws.

Looking forward for some interesting discussion about our favorite show. 
How Arnav never could leave Khushi, same way I never can leave IPK.
IPK's rashta main kabhi chodooN naa
a VM made by Zoha.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C9fibrD6hqk[/YOUTUBE]

Sohara, congrats to you too. Thanks for loving the opening lines and also for the vm. About the thread, we are going to cover each and every episode, no skipping. We will be going through all the ups and downs and dig out many precious gems hidden all over. 😳 

DurgaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 225

Writing my first review for such a sad episode. Is that a bad sign? (On the contrary, writing on IPK should always be a good sign 😊)

What struck me throughout the whole episode was the sad background score. Even the rabba ve rendition was the one reserved for heartbreak. (Well, they are not talking to each other, so that's really sad. Even if they are fighting they are talking to each other, so their love gets its fodder from there. But not hearing or seeing each other, that is definitely close to heartbreak.)

So Arnav was worried for his sister. We have seen that before but today we saw Khushi feel sad about it. Not jealous of her husband's concern for his sister but sad because of how unfair the situation was. How could he break her heart over and over again but be the most caring person in the world for another. Wanting to be cherished is an important part of young love. Oh the sad notes of piano. If only Khushi could see Arnav cradling her face during Holi like we did..

If Khushi was sad Aranv was in no better a state. From almost being compelled to confessing your love out loud to yelling ,throwing, fighting in rage, to bitterness at being cheated by the only person he has ever let into his heart. I love Anjali's cute comment about internet knowledge . (me too) Like this attention to detail. Chote did not believe in old wives tales but he he was knowledgeable about the world. Oh Barun's face when the realization struck he had misunderstood Khushi. he wanted to fix it. (oh yeah)

His gentle tentative "Toh bata deti". Why didn't her heart melt? Because she was still upset. hard to put into words the feeling but your heart wants your loved one to care.(She's really had enough with his on and off moods, sometimes he was caring, sometimes accusing and he wouldn't even confess his true feelings.) 

Of course the anger had to return because it is natural. how many times in real life this happens that one moment you are apologizing and the next you fly into rage because your apology was rejected. not understood. Look at all the expressions Barun went through. 

Then came the goading. How helpless are you when you know youa re hurting her some more but you still push to get a reaction. When each hurt is cutting your heart in pieces but you still wield your sword because you just can't bear indifference... you can't stand moving away.. silence.. disconnect.. So hurt it will be.. But this time Khushi's heart is not its usual chirpy fiery self. She will not answer back...  Sanaya's expression tells it all..(Of course, he is getting irritated by every minute because he is not able to get a word out of her. She is not at all reacting and it is pinching him a lot.

And then came the time that my heart was absolutely still  ..  Who can't help feeling bad for Arnav here.. Of course he misses her.. of course he has to pretend that quiet is what he wants.. But of course we know how lonely empty life is without her. Looking at Barun who can say Arnav hasn't been around Khushi just a few hours.. The expressions feel like he has lived a lifetime without her nad the separation is too much to bear. He remembers Salman Khan, stars.. Oh all the so called annoying things .. Why do you miss it so..

Loved this scene for the immediate jump to consciousness.. So he has been reduced to sleeping awkwardly on a sofa.. It is an uneasy sleep..and you know because as soon as his eyes open they jump to attention.. Look around.. search for the girl who you see before your eyes each morning you wake up.. Who can say they are married a few days.. their body language around each other already tells us this bond is for a lifetime and more.. eagerness to disappointment took but a few seconds.. Awesome writing. 👏

Had to add HP (is it or OP ?) to this collage because of him coming to Arnav so many times this episode. Arnavji looks tired.. Is it intentional or is Barun already feeling the pressure? But then comes a familiar voice. the dejected depressed look is suddenly washed away with something alive. He can feel whole again.. be curious.. With no dialogues so much was conveyed.. And could the music have been any sadder? 😭

Want to end with a mention of Hello Hi Bye Bye. By this time she is positively cruel to Payal. Can't help feel bad. Wished they hadn't made her so mean..

Also thank you Indi for telling us about pixlr. used it for my edits. 😊

Very well written. You've hit a sixer on the very first ball. Looking for more from you. My comments in dark blue. 😊 
DurgaS thumbnail

@Indi, dhadakti Durga 😆, nice, I like it. Oh yeah, go with the flow, let us be ott too. 😆 Needless to say, about the thread, it is always a wonder how everything falls in place on time. Nandkissore is surely helping us. Thanks for helping always. 😳 

@Anita, thanks. Waiting for you to catch up. 😊 

@AKAD, thanks for liking the opening. The Sundari collage is by Indi.

@Mehreen, thanks for liking the opening page.
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

RebeccaDaphne thumbnail
Congrats all for the new thread! 🥳 Love the front page, it's brilliant! 👏
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi rebecca,

good to see you... 😳 liked the front page? it was fun to put it together. this show just gets better with age ha ha.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Very well written. You've hit a sixer on the very first ball. Looking for more from you. My comments in dark blue. 😊 

Love your comments Durga. Yes it was the not talking that was heart breaking.. Am extremely happy am in a place where people notice the "internet knowledge" and like it too. At least now I know even if my friends keep saying it am not completely insane or at least I have some company 😛 .

And thank you for all the encouragement. 
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
No amount of words can aptly describe the effort and skills of you girls doing that first page.. fabulous.. fabulous.. fabulous...

Cynthia: welcome back to the writing desk..

Aarwen: good to see your write up.. welcome to our list of amazing writers here whom we, readers like me, have had the pleasure of enjoying

Thank you all you wonderful thread makers.. shakers...now I have a place to wallow in my love for Arnav and Khushi!

Congratulations!!

...be back to read the analyses..thanx.
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago