LoveAnny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Vain

Three months before

He was overdoing it. And I could see that clearly. First I thought it was me who was thinking too much. So I preferred to neglect. But it was not that way. I thought to tell others about it, other office members, but I was kind of sure that I would not get any help from other office members. They worshiped Reyaansh Singhania. I didn't blame them for that. The image he presented in front of everyone, it was impossible to not fall in his charm. And nowhere, in any circumstances they would go against of him. It was unbelievable that once I was one of them.

I was an ambitious girl and getting a job in RS fashion was my dream. So when I got the job, I could not express the happiness I felt. Sitting in home for two months without any job was nightmare for me. My dad was quite impressed; he didn't imagine that I would get the job that soon. He was not that much in favor of imagining his daughter as fashion designer. I was happy that I proved him wrong. You know na the happiness in proving your parents wrong. So I left Kanpur and I could not wait to start my new journey in Mumbai as assistant of Reyaansh Singhania in RS fashion.

Reyaansh Singhania was a charmer. Everything he did, he did that with passion and that was the reason that he achieved most. He was extremely dashing and all the girls working in RS used to wait for one lopsided smile from him as if that could make their day. And he didn't disappoint them. His flirty nature, easy going attitude and everything were cherry on the top. I was slowly getting attracted. Those smiles he used to give me, those discussion about next fashion project in his office, it was bliss. I used to felt butterflies in my stomach.

Something was going between us. And we both didn't understand what that was. We started to spend time together.  And it went in that stage when I used to spend many nights in his building. I was not guilty. Whatever our personal relationship was, it didn't affect our professional life.  And I used to give my best in my work. I wanted to achieve everything. I got promotion within six months. People started talking about it. As if my promotion was somewhere related to the relation I share with my boss. I gave a damn.

And that was the time when I got an offer from London fashion academy. I was more than happy. It was a big opportunity for me. I didn't want to lose it. I decided to give resignation in RS. I was kind of sure Reyaansh would understand me. But it happened totally opposite. He was not ready to accept the resignation letter. He clearly told me I could not leave RS as written in the contract. That made my blood boils. Who the f**k was he? Not my lover, not even my boyfriend. Yes, I was thankful to him for giving me a chance to assist him in various fashion projects. But not more than that. I could not leave the job, as per contract. That time I was doing my job without happiness, as my mind always telling me what a big opportunity I missed.

He started behaving weird with me. He didn't involve me in any new project, rejected the ideas I gave him, though he always behaved like nothing happened as if everything was fine. I digested all that thinking there could be some reasons that he didn't involve me in that project. But I could not find any suitable reason. His flirting sounded as taunting. Suddenly I lost the promotion I got previous year. And I couldn't accept that. I did give my best, whatever I achieved; it was on basis of my talent. And none could take that from me. I was kind of sure Reyaansh was doing all these just to harass me.

And it reached at that point when I couldnt control myself anymore.

We were discussing an important project where at least thirty people were present. It was going well and it was my turn to explain. Suddenly I heard something that's impossible for me to believe.

"How old are you? Miss Ghai?'', Reyaansh asked the question as if my age was the discussion topic in that room. I couldn't control the rage. I was trying hard not to get pissed off.

"Twenty Five..Sir", I replied forcing the sl*g that was on the tip of my tongue.

"Reallly?", he said raising his eyebrows.

"Sorry, you just look much younger", his eyes trailed down my body and back up again slowly. I wanted to slap him so tight that he would never ever do that again with any girl.

"I take back my words Miss Ghai. Your body looks every bit of twenty five", he said with an amused voice in front of all people. The angry tears made their way and I just left the room.

That night I did something which I should have done much before. I filed a case of sexual harassment' against the CEO of RS fashion, Reyaansh Singhania.

When I got the news, I laughed for long ten minutes. Sexual harassment'.  The girl who spent so many nights in my bed, filed a case of sexual harassment' against me. She didn't even have the idea that if I proved that we had physical relationship her case would get close within a minute. Beauty without brain. Yes! That's actually she was.

When she first joined the office, for me she was just like other girls who wanted my attention. But something was special about her. Her determination, her hunger for achieving the best. She wanted my attention by doing her work. Not by other ways. I was comfortable with her, her ideas, advices worked most of the time. She was smart, easy going and I was sure that the attraction was mutual. It started with coffee dates and ended with steamy nights in my building. It was going well. A relation with no strings attached.

She wanted to achieve everything. So when she came to me saying that she got a good offer from London fashion academy' and she wanted to do that job, I was not at all surprised. What actually surprised me her attitude. She didn't even think a single time to leave RS fashion, the office which gave her thousand options to attend those national and international fashion weeks. She was selfish. Very much. I could see that she had no more interest in the job, so I didn't take her in our international project. I take back the promotion I gave her, and it did hurt her ego very badly. And that's what I wanted.

Once she used to love the dirty looks I gave her. But that day it made her cry. Oops. I was not right. I was doing that in front of everyone, but come on, if I did that with other girls in my office, they would shed happy tears for the day. I was not even guilty. Her ambition, her dreams made her a bitch, who didn't care about the relation we shared. Whatever that was, it was something. And I wouldn't deny that.

And now she wanted to play with my reputation that I earned with my work. I could play the game also. And she wasn't aware that Reyaansh Singhania always plays to win.

Present

It is one of those nights when I'm coming back after hectic works from office. A fashion week is coming and I'm trying my best to make it successful. I watch the time, its 2.15 am. It's hard for me to handle all these works alone. When she was there, I didn't felt that much workload. It's actually three months she is not working in my office. I asked her to leave. And she did. If I wanted to disclose the relation we used to share, the case would have closed now. But I didn't. And I don't know why.

Removing these thoughts from mind, I give attention to my driving. And then something catches my attention. Not something, someone. It's raining heavily tonight. And she is waiting in front of a building. Looks like that's where she works now. She still looks beautiful in white. I'm not that much a jerk that I wouldn't request her to sit in my car, when it's raining heavily, in spite of our issues.

I just stop my car in front of her. She looks very much surprised.

"Come, I'll drop you", I ask her behaving like it's very common for us while trailing my eyes on her body.

She is uncomfortable under my gaze, but still she opens the door of my car and sits beside me.

I think it was a terrible idea to drop her home. Her presence is raising so many questions in my mind. And there's none who can give answers.

It's long fifteen minutes. We have not uttered a single word. Heavy tension is around us like fog. Finally I can see her home. I know where she lives; I used to drop her once upon a time.

It just I couldn't control myself. The words slipped from my mouth.

"Those coffee dates, those projects discussion, especially those nights we spent together, it was all sexual harassment for you...Kriya?" She looks surprised hearing that from my mouth.

She stares at me for a minute. And then questions me back. "What do you think? It was lust? ...Or it could be love?"

I want to laugh. This girl is amazing. After filing a case against me, she is asking me if it was love. We have reached her home. Slowly I open the door for her and reply with a sad smile.

"No it was not love, Kriya. Whatever we shared, it was not forever. And you know, If it's not forever...it's not love."

I just restart my car and leave from that place without even looking at her.

And for the first time after all these, Kriya Ghai was standing there with tears in her eyes.

Tears of guilt? Or tears of realization?

I had no intetion to post it. I messed up this OS very badly. :( I leave it to you all to decide who is wrong here, who is not. And yes, who are asking me to send pm, I'm sorry. I just don't send pm. I don't think i write something that extra ordinary that you would love to get notification about it. Do review :)

Edited by LoveAnny - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alex754 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome os
I think mistake is done by both but reyaansh mistake outweighs that of kriya
Great work
ramya.sri thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome os
missitakes are done by both
loved the whole os
-bLEu98- thumbnail

I loved it! and I loved how you ended it. certain questions do baffle us all our lives, don't they?
Write more.

-Rini
-bLEu98- thumbnail

Originally posted by: alex754

Awesome os
I think mistake is done by both but reyaansh mistake outweighs that of kriya
Great work

Agree. Because Reyaansh being in the position of power, always had an upper hand over Kriya and it is he who couldn't be professional enough.
Shukti_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome OS

Kriya is a Career oriented woman but somewhere She Used her "No-strings-attached" type Relationship wid Rey to get ultimate success! n when She got a better offer, she didn't even care about  RS n Rey!

On d other hand, Rey was enjoying that Physical relationship wid Kriya, But His male Ego got hurt when Kriya Resigned to grab a much better Offer, He practically harassed h
er in front of everyone!  

So both of them were equally at Fault..

I think they both had soft corners for each other..thatz why Rey never exposed their relationship n Kriya's teary eyes showed d same!
But they both were too haughty to admit their feelings ...

I loved this concept.. Brilliant Job dear..

can U plz continue this story.. at least post one more part of it.. plzzz

Edited by --Shukti-- - 10 years ago
-Gladiator- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome os
concept was really good
but the ending was incomplete, at least I felt so
it'll be great if U continue
-vaishnavimural thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome os.. loved it a lot,...

both kria n rey r at fault n their ego came inbetween them n destroyed everything..

him not exposing her n her silent tears show they had soft corners for each other but now they can't do anything coz of d problems raised coz of ego..

plz if u continue n give 2nd part... if no too then no prob.. love u works..

Edited by vaishu88 - 10 years ago
LoveAnny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Shukti--

Awesome OS

Kriya is a Career oriented woman but somewhere She Used her "No-strings-attached" type Relationship wid Rey to get ultimate success! n when She got a better offer, she didn't even care about  RS n Rey!

On d other hand, Rey was enjoying that Physical relationship wid Kriya, But His male Ego got hurt when Kriya Resigned to grab a much better Offer, He practically harassed h
er in front of everyone!  

So both of them were equally at Fault..

I think they both had soft corners for each other..thatz why Rey never exposed their relationship n Kriya's teary eyes showed d same!
But they both were too haughty to admit their feelings ...

I loved this concept.. Brilliant Job dear..

can U plz continue this story.. at least post one more part of it.. plzzz

Yes. You got it. Kriya being too much ambitious, didn't care a bit about Rey. And Rey, he just couldn't digest that fact. What Rey did, it was unacceptable. There was something they shared, apart from physical relationship but it got ruined because of their ego. Thanks for encouragement . I'm not going to continue it because I don't know what their destination will be. Few things always left unsaid. Their story was one of them.
-Vaish- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It was really lovely...
i just love how you bring about the complxities of relationships...

without unnecessary drama.. ^_^

amazing it was...

loved it...