Jab Bana Uska Hi Bana: A Character Analysis

vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Twin souls.  Forged from hatred and fire. Paro has survived the tormenting loss of her parents, and although time has not healed all wounds, time HAS brought her maturity and love.  Paro took the loss handed to her on a funeral pyre and made it so that she would never regret her life that she would remain happy and live each day to it's fully.  It is not only innocence this doe eyed girl exudes, it is vitality, it is life itself.  Having fought with the battlefield of death's repercussions, she has come out stronger and has shown us all what she truly is.

Parvati is a survivor, just like her namesake.     

But where Parvati has been purged from that hatred and fire, only to come out full of fear for a label she doesn't understand, Rudra remains in his circle of fiery hell.  Rudra has never fully accepted nor digested the wrongdoing of his mother.  Rudra has never moved on, instead he has internalized her mistake and has absorbed his father's words to the degree that he actually believes them.  A beautiful woman belongs to no one.  Rudra has made his father's justified anger into his own unjust reality. 

Parvati has moved on from her loss and has made herself of the disposition that she should live every day to its fullest.  She is a simple girl with simple desires.  Parvati has survived, and will continue to do so.  Why?  Because she is simply not a coward when it comes to facing her emotional turmoil.  She is mentally and emotionally strong, she has seen sadness and yet she still smiles and has the courage to be happy.  She has the courage to live

Rudra is not a survivor.  Rudra is a prime example of destroying one's sense of self so you don't feel the pain anymore.  Rudra doesn't have the sense of self to meet his storm like emotions head on, and he suffers as a consequence of it.  He has compartmentalized every aspect of his life.  His civil duty comes first, taking care of his father is next, and then whatever needs he wants to satisfy he does.  There is no room for emotion, why should there be if he's gone eighteen years not using them?  Rudra however has shown us that his namesake rings true; he is savage when it comes to destroying the enemy.  He doesn't think twice and he provides more encounter reports than facts, as stated by his own commanding officer.  He destroys.  But Rudra has no courage to live; I don't even think he knows what that even means.

Compare Paro's vitality to Rudra's barren heart and you'll see what I'm talking about.  He is so hardened by the betrayal of his mother that he refuses to indulge himself in emotions, because they hurt too much.  Feeling reminds him of sadness and pain, and I'm not sure he can handle that because it only ever turns into rage. 

Paro so full of love and Rudra so full of rage.

Is it any wonder than that these two would be the souls that are made so completely and wholly for each other?  If she is yielding light, then he is unbending darkness.  If she is life and innocence, he is a desolate heart and scarred. 

But if Rudra is obstinate and stubborn, than Paro is a soldier.  She is full of will, and full of love.  She is the type of person who loves so much that you are compelled to love her for it.  And Rudra, despite himself, will feel the same.  Paro will not be a whirlwind of emotions; she will be a slow and steady fire that burns inside him.  And his ice like veins will have melted before he even recognizes what is happening. 

Paro will destroy his hard heart and build him anew from the ashes of it, only so Rudra can learn that love can be loyal, and so can she.           

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
They are the perfect YIN/YANG for each other!!  Her resilience will teach him of a strength he never even fathomed is possible.  His revolt or refusal to accept his mothers betrayal will teach her to not be so blind to those close to you...such as the Thakur.
Arhi_2205 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Great character analysis
-FreeSpirit- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Great Analysis 👏
Paro really is a simple person even though she lost her parents at a young age, she is at a good place in life but yet again life is going to test her 
Rudra has never moved on because I feel he has never got closure he still doesn't know why his mother left him,  Rudra and Paro's journey will be very difficult 
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great analysis. I think Paro still doesn't realize her own strength and courage. It's going to come forth as the storm unfolds. 
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Amazing analysis! perfectly said!
I love your every take on this episode! so thought provoking and astute!
MadhuO thumbnail
You write beautifully.  It was such a pleasure to read. I have to find the other ones you have written, but later...it is almost 2:30 am and I need to catch a few zeees.  😊
CandYlicious_S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful post dear!!! ❤️ ❤️ 👏
Kangto09 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You just articulated my thoughts but did it better. Thank you for such a wonderful analysis. I am looking forward to your future posts. 😊
Vera thumbnail
Lovely post...yes Paro will be shown to be emotionally much stronger than Rudra.