Of Lust and Hope

vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
It seems that a lot of people are upset that Rudra, for all his misdeeds and short comings, has made a grave mistake by being involved with a woman like Laila.  I, on the other hand, who was not at all excited for Laila's entry, am now completely blown away.  Not only by her character but also by what it means for how we view Rudra.
It has been shown from the beginning that Rudra is a deeply flawed man.  He is impulsive, cold, harsh, and quite rude.  He does not care for consequence.  But his relationship with Laila is NOT a flaw.  It is human.  It is human because he owes nothing to Paro, even if in one's mind he does.  Him and Paro are not in a relationship, they don't even know each other.  If he had professed love to her or had married her it would be a different story, but the fact of the matter is that Rudra belongs to no one.  And at the time being, neither does Paro.  

Laila serves not as an outlet for our hatred towards the traits we disagree on about Rudra, but instead is a woman who has shown us that she is deeply in lust with Rudra.  And Rudra who is a man knows he has urges and as many would do, he satisfies them.  I fail to see the argument that 'but he belongs to Paro' here because at the moment it doesn't apply.  Although on a grand cosmic scale we as viewers know that they belong together, Rudra and Paro don't, hence the journey of their characters that we will see.  

Laila represents that Rudra is in fact human.  That he has desires and he doesn't shy away from them.  She is a not a light in his life, she is a moment of dark indulgence.  She is raw and carnal passion, she is darkness Rudra can happily dissolve into. She is perhaps just as marred as he is, just as stained and probably not because of her profession.  I hope we see more background to her character because she is very fascinating.  

Where Laila is a woman that is bold, and goes after what she wants, then Paro is her opposite.  She is quiet, she is simple, she is happy where she is and more than satisfied with what she has been given.  Where Laila is darkness with a fire that matches Rudra's, Paro is hope with a light that blinds.  

Rudra doesn't falter in Paro's presence because her innocence is something he's attracted to, he falters because there is something about Paro that draws him to her.  Paro who has lost so much, Paro who has suffered at the hands of wrong men, Paro who has grieved, is still so full of life.  She is happiness personified, she is a prime example that there IS life after tragedy.  That your loses do not define you, that shape you and create you.  Paro is a survivor.  Paro is not a coward who hides away from her pain and the relentless torture of her nightmares.  She meets them head on with a quiet disposition and wipes her own tears, and then looks at the sun rise as a new day.  She is a such a harrowing example of hope.  

Today's scene near the end where we see Paro dancing in her wedding lehnga, is simultaneously the most heart breaking and hopeful scene of the episode.  We see Paro who could be grieving that her parents are not here to bear witness to her joy, but instead celebrates her marriage and a new chapter of her life.  Their absence stings of course, but she knows that wherever they are they are happy for her.  It is this attitude that makes Parvati such a shining beacon of light and hope.  She is unwavering in her will to be happy, and to spread that happiness to those she loves.  Paro has been raised with the utmost love and she is full of so much love she cannot help but affect those around her.  

It is this, her unfaltering hope and love that will hit Rudra the hardest.  It will in essence destroy him.  Crack open those walls and let in so much light that he won't know what to do with himself.  He'll run away from her only to run towards her.  Like a moth to a flame.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vari3241 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wat an amazing post πŸ‘
Everything u said was bang on... She is nt coward coz wen he will b pointing d gun towards her she won't run.. Bt will b fearful.. That's wat will make rudra fall for her.
Shweta1691 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In one of my replies for today's episode I mentioned that I liked Laila's presence as it made Rudra more human and believable...and now you have written this beautiful description which was all along in my headπŸ˜‰ But which I was highly inept to put in words...so thank you for this insight...I totally agree with you! And now I am looking forward to more of Rudra-Laila interactions( not the nocturnal kinds) ...it was more informative about rudra's thought process then the whole of last week!!!
Awesome post 
CandYlicious_S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
BEAUTIFUL outstanding post..!! <3
I too was a little apprehensive regarding Laila's entry in RR.. But now I am blown away as well NOT because of the 'chemistry' factor.. That was great too.. But like you said, the character of Laila gives a LOT of insight into Rudra's character.. 

For him, love/ feelings dont matter.  It is just a matter of needs for him. and for that Laila serves the deed.. But in the case of Paro, he is driven because there is something in her that stirs him up.. and THAT something is Parvati's HOPE.. That hope which makes her see positive things amongst the darkest phases.. Like how she saw that butterfly and sought happiness in it, when she was sitting in his jeep after those goons attacked her.. That is the hope and innocence of Paro that drives Rudra to her. πŸ˜³ 

AMAZING post!! β€οΈ
vena.cava. thumbnail

Originally posted by: vari3241

Wat an amazing post πŸ‘
Everything u said was bang on... She is nt coward coz wen he will b pointing d gun towards her she won't run.. Bt will b fearful.. That's wat will make rudra fall for her.

Exactly.  And she will prove to him that anyone can be loyal!  Once she is with him, come anything, she will stay with him!  
DN2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Amazing post.I lloved your POV... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
lsage thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Superb analysis and couldn't agree with you more! I love the idea of showing him with grayer shades without torturing the female lead in the process. 
The character of Rudra keeps getting better and better by the day! This is exactly what I needed infact this is exactly what Indian TV needed!
vena.cava. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shweta1691

In one of my replies for today's episode I mentioned that I liked Laila's presence as it made Rudra more human and believable...and now you have written this beautiful description which was all along in my headπŸ˜‰ But which I was highly inept to put in words...so thank you for this insight...I totally agree with you! And now I am looking forward to more of Rudra-Laila interactions( not the nocturnal kinds) ...it was more informative about rudra's thought process then the whole of last week!!!

Awesome post 

I believe that great minds think alike! πŸ˜› Which was how we both thought the same thing!  And thank you so much for your kind words.  I am looking forward to their interactions as well!  I mean we know he indulges himself with her, but do they ever have actual conversations?!  It's driving me mad not knowing about these two!  

Originally posted by: CandYlicious_S

BEAUTIFUL outstanding post..!! <3 

I too was a little apprehensive regarding Laila's entry in RR.. But now I am blown away as well NOT because of the 'chemistry' factor.. That was great too.. But like you said, the character of Laila gives a LOT of insight into Rudra's character.. 

For him, love/ feelings dont matter.  It is just a matter of needs for him. and for that Laila serves the deed.. But in the case of Paro, he is driven because there is something in her that stirs him up.. and THAT something is Parvati's HOPE.. That hope which makes her see positive things amongst the darkest phases.. Like how she saw that butterfly and sought happiness in it, when she was sitting in his jeep after those goons attacked her.. That is the hope and innocence of Paro that drives Rudra to her. πŸ˜³ 

AMAZING post!! β€οΈ

AHH thank you so much!  I agree with what you've said completely.  It will be such a treat to watch how both Rudra and Paro become partial to one another!

Originally posted by: Guinea

Beautiful post ...😊

Thank you!

Originally posted by: DN2012

Amazing post.I lloved your POV... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Thank you so much!  I'm glad you enjoyed my rambling x)

Originally posted by: lsage

Superb analysis and couldn't agree with you more! I love the idea of showing him with grayer shades without torturing the female lead in the process. 

The character of Rudra keeps getting better and better by the day! This is exactly what I needed infact this is exactly what Indian TV needed!

Thank you for the kinds word!  I honestly just write whatever I feel but I am so glad so many of my fellow forum members enjoyed this!  And I could not agree more!  It shows that Rudra is human and though has no room for women in his life, it is a lie he tells himself.  Obviously he has time for Laila.  It's refreshing to see him behave in character, since he has been taught that all beautiful women are deceptive.  Although he has a beneficial relationship with Laila, he does treat her with the same disinterest he has been shown to treat others.  This relationship only adds another layer to his complex character!  
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Amazing post. πŸ‘

I am yet to watch the episode so I can't really comment on how the scene played out. But I have to say that Rudra's relationship with Laila is completely realistic and in tune with his character. I applaud the makers for staying true to their words. This show is indeed bold, refreshing and realistic...it's turning out to be path breaking in many ways.

sugarhugs thumbnail
woww...truly beautiful..πŸ‘πŸ˜›