Rahil Azam & Mouli Ganguly's Interview!

SweetButSpicy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
RAHIL AZIM & MOULI GANGULY INTERVIEW 

He is young and ambitious but will not take on anything that comes his way. Rahil Azim who's featured in serials like Hatim, Yeh Meri Life and the ongoing Saarthi is now busy with his latest Resham Dunk. Screen catches up with this budding artiste for a tete-a-tete...

What is Resham Dankh all about?
Resham Dankh is a social thriller. The story is about a business family and how a child born into the family brings it closer.In short, Resham Dunk, is a story of a family and depicts ow a child changes day-to-day affairs of the family. This is a gripping drama of young parents' unconditional love for their child. A riveting story of unthinkable betrayal, revenge and supreme sacrifice.

Who plays the child?
It is small wonder Yash Bhadrani who plays the key role of Dev Balraj, my son.

The story sounds interesting.
In fact, the serial is based on Aatish Kapadia's Gujarati novel by the same name. The idea of the serial came from the story that Kapadia penned down for Chitralekha. It has a definite beginning, middle and end and will not drag on endlessly like other soaps.

What role do you play in the serial?
I play the main protagonist Aditya Balraj, a very big business tycoon. He is a shrewd person but at the same time he is affectionate to the extent that he is obsessive about them.

You got noticed in Yeh Meri Life Hai. What happened after that?
In Yeh Meri Life Hai, I played the villanious Ashmit Gujral. My role in the serial gave me lot of fame. I got to portray different shades in one role that helped me get a lot of fan following specially abroad. I got even more famous after my character turned negative. After the serial rounded off in November last, I decided to take a two-month break. Would you believe that I refused offers right from Prithviraj Chouhan, Akela and Viraasat. But when I went through the script of Resham Dankh, I was sure that it was written with me in mind. The confidence to portray the role grew and without hesitation I lapped it up.

Charismatic She's now a seasoned actress having done serials like Kaahin Kissii Roz, Saakshi and Sarkar. Still she considers herself to be a learner. Now Mouli Ganguli is busy shooting for Resham Dankh, that will be aired on Star One since August 14. Screen corners her for a brief interview...

You were a student of Hotel Management and Mass Communication. How did you end up acting?
I am a science graduate from Kolkata and came down to Mumbai to do my hotel management. Soon I realised that I wasn't cut out for it and left it midway. Then I joined a course in mass communication, but didn't complete that either! (smiles) At this juncture, I started getting many modelling offers and believe me, despite my best efforts, I could not resist the temptation.

Was there any objection from your parents?
I come from an educated family where people are settled in either a job or family business. Almost all my relatives knew hardly anything about this world. Entering the glam world was taboo for them. Hence initially there was a little resistance.

Tell us about the modelling assignments you have done. I did a lot of advertisements prominent among them being those of Pears, Rin, Ariel, Close-Up, Double Diamond, Asian Paints, Sonam Quartz, Britannia, Maggie and Bombay Dyeing.

What has been the fallout of Kahin Kisi Roz?
The fallout has been very encouraging. People still remember me as Shaina.Though I have been receiving offers by the dozens, I don't want do roles wherein I am required for two or three scenes because I am not ready to be projected as a mere showpiece. Besides, I am petrified of too much action. Like there was this scene I did recently in KKR, where my 'pallu' catches fire. The director did not want to use a dummy. I do not know how many times my heart skipped a beat.

What's your role in Resham Dankh?
I play Divya Balraj, Aditya's (Rahil Azim) wife. Though Aditya has an elder brother, he isn't married. Hence, Divya has got a very important task to play in the family.My character is a mix of childish, romantic etc. In fact my role demands enacting of all shades.

Have you worked with Rahil earlier?
Yes, both of us were together in Kahin Kisi Roz. Both of us got along very well.Rahil takes his job too seriously whereas I am of the type who would think that I could've done better.

It is heard that before agreeing to do Kaahin Kissi Roz, you had told Ekta Kapoor that you don't want to be portrayed as a bahu.
Absolutely. I didn't want to people to relate me as a bechari. If you are nice, you can still be a confident go-getter without being timid and helpless.

Having done a central role, will you play a second or a third bahu in a joint family?
I do not have an author-backed role in Resham Dankh. The role has lots of substance and I am almost there in every frame. If the second or the third bahu has that much weight, I am game. Once a director feels that I can do a particular role I take it as a challenge to do it.

How important is a director to you?
Please don't get me wrong. When I say that I have completely got into the skin of the character, that does not imply that I don't need a director. I am purely a director's actor. Without a director, I would be lost. I understand a director very quickly. Every director can extract the maximum out of me. Naturally, my best is a long way off.

Source :Yahoo

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetButSpicy thumbnail
i know .. but only Rahil azam interview.. not mouli ganguly's interview!!!
tunna thumbnail
actually was posted whole in saarthi forum i think..
but now got it here too..
thanks honey 😊
SweetButSpicy thumbnail
oh k..oh well read it again!!lol
tunna thumbnail
read it alrdy !!!
😉
tunna thumbnail