Question: Interview in Eestern Eye newspaper with Rubina

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Retweeted Asjad Nazir (@asjadnazir):

My big interviews with @aamir_khan @Sahybaforever @RubiDilaik out in Eastern Eye newspaper's first issue of year today & big preview of 2014

Sorry no interview, but if anyone has this newspaper, do share it. thanks

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

It's out today hoping someone uploads it soon ðŸ˜Š
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I typed it sorry if i missed any it was hard to read: 

The dramatic shift of attention from films towards telelvision has been perfectly illustrated with the number of stars regularly named in popular polls including eastern eye now globally popular 50 sexiest asian womens list 

The highest new entry in terms of tv stars in the 2013 list iof the most stunning asian women on the planet was actress rubina dilaik, The popular tv star who came to prominence in the serial choti bahu has most recently been lighting up the small screen with other world turns in mythological epic devon ke dev mahadev where she portrays the role of sita and jeannie aur juju where she plays the lovable genie the former beauty queen took time out from a hectic 
shooting schdule to speak to EE about her time as an actress being on the sexy list inspirations, happiness and what fame means to her

Did you always want to be an actress ?

Honestly speaking i never thought about this career happened to me by chance i was pursuing my studies but always wanted to be a versatile personality so since my school days i was into extra curricular activities i took part in debates, dance competitions and many more things and things just went from there.

How would you describe your journey so far ?

It has been a total learning experience i have not been to acting school so i took up my shooting schedule as my school and engrossed myself completely in learning all the aspects of acting as well as behind the scenes camera techniques i still remember my first shot on july 17 2008 for choti bahu when i did 23 retakes (smiles) then i did not even know how to walk in front of the camera. 

Which of your many acting assignments have you enjoyed the most?

I would say all of them because every assignment was one of a kind i have always strived to create a difference in all of my roles so it makes them all the more special for me.

Okay so which has been the most challenging role ?

Every role that i have done was a challenge, As i mentioned earlier i had never gone to any acting school nor do i share any background  in this industry so everything was new and full of challenged i love to challenge my own limitations.

What is the best and worst things about working on indian telelvision ?

I feel nothing is good or bad thinking thinking makes it so if you are good the best things happen to you and if you are bad the worst will await you i have always cherished whatever has come my way.

What is the biggest lesson working on indian tv taught you ?

The biggest lesson is that nothing comes easy hard work is the only option.

Tell us a little more about your current project jeannie aur juju ?

I am currently doing jeannie aur juju for sab tv  an adapted version of i dream of you jeannie which was my favourite childhood series i am playing jeannie who is full of life and with her magic and spark she brings a smile to everyone's face she loves to be part of the human world and loves to lead her life accordingly it is a comedy based show.

Do you have any friendly rivalry with other actresses on tv ?

(Laughs) Nah not at all i only believe in spreading happiness and making friends.

Among your past and present co stars who is your closest friend ?

There are so many but if i have to name a few of them it would be keerthi kelkar from choti bahu, Karan grover, Srishty rode and Minal (From punar vivah - ek nayee umeed) and ravi dubey from saas bina sasural.

Would you agree that television has become more powerful than bollywood in india ?

Yes, yes and definitely yes, The viewership of tv in india is enormous now.

How much do your fans mean to you and which has been your most memorable encounter ?

I feel the biggest award for an actor is the priceless appreciation of their fans. My fans mean alot to me and every encounter so far has been memorable be it an interaction on the sets or with the huge audiences during a stage show.

How did you feel being named as one of the most sexiest women on the planet ?

(Smiles) I am extremely happy many of my friends and strangers used to call me Moti (Chubby) Bahu during my first series of choti bahu (zee tv ) From there on until now i have put in alot of dedication and determination and the hard work has been rewarded by this acknowledgement of being one of the most sexiest women on the planet.

What makes a women sexy ?

I think there are three qualities that make a women sexy - her poise, vivacious self and elegant personality.

What qualities most impress you in a guy ?

Down to earth nature and sense of humour.

What are your best and worst qualities ?

I feel i am the best and sometimes this feeling proves to be the worst. 

What inspires you ?

Hard work and sincerity inspire me . I respect people who are wholehearted and dedicated to their work.

Who would you say is your biggest style inspiration ?

Well my second profession franchise, Second love is styling and designing i am glad that i have got the opportunity to style myself for all my shows, I have designed my outfits for all the events and functions i have attended so far every creation inspires me to do better and better.

What does happiness mean to you ?

Happiness is a state of mind we all are born to be absolutely happy so i make sure that i create happiness for myself and for others as well i always make sure that i keep my work (and home) environment healthy and lively.

Finally would you like to give a message to your fans ?

I want to thank all my fans from the bottom of my heart and give them my heartfelt gratitude for their unconditional love and support.

Edited by radev_no1fan - 10 years ago
megha_b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev_no1fan

I typed it sorry if i missed any it was hard to read: 

The dramatic shift of attention from films towards telelvision has been perfectly illustrated with the number of stars regularly named in popular polls including eastern eye now globally popular 50 sexiest asian womens list 

The highest new entry in terms of tv stars in the 2013 list iof the most stunning asian women on the planet was actress rubina dilaik, The popular tv star who came to prominence in the serial choti bahu has most recently been lighting up the small screen with other world turns in mythological epic devon ke dev mahadev where she portrays the role of sita and jeannie aur juju where she plays the lovable genie the former beauty queen took time out from a hectic 
shooting schdule to speak to EE about her time as an actress being on the sexy list inspirations, happiness and what fame means to her

Did you always want to be an actress ?

Honestly speaking i never thought about this career happened to me by chance i was pursuing my studies but always wanted to be a versatile personality so since my school days i was into extra curricular activities i took part in debates, dance competitions and many more things and things just went from there.

How would you describe your journey so far ?

It has been a total learning experience i have not been to acting school so i took up my shooting schedule as my school and engrossed myself completely in learning all the aspects of acting as well as behind the scenes camera techniques i still remember my first shot on july 17 2008 for choti bahu when i did 23 retakes (smiles) then i did not even know how to walk in front of the camera. 

Which of your many acting assignments have you enjoyed the most?

I would say all of them because every assignment was one of a kind i have always strived to create a difference in all of my roles so it makes them all the more special for me.

Okay so which has been the most challenging role ?

Every role that i have done was a challenge, As i mentioned earlier i had never gone to any acting school nor do i share any background  in this industry so everything was new and full of challenged i love to challenge my own limitations.

What is the best and worst things about working on indian telelvision ?

I feel nothing is good or bad thinking thinking makes it so if you are good the best things happen to you and if you are bad the worst will await you i have always cherished whatever has come my way.

What is the biggest lesson working on indian tv taught you ?

The biggest lesson is that nothing comes easy hard work is the only option.

Tell us a little more about your current project jeannie aur juju ?

I am currently doing jeannie aur juju for sab tv  an adapted version of i dream of you jeannie which was my favourite childhood series i am playing jeannie who is full of life and with her magic and spark she brings a smile to everyone's face she loves to be part of the human world and loves to lead her life accordingly it is a comedy based show.

Do you have any friendly rivalry with other actresses on tv ?

(Laughs) Nah not at all i only believe in spreading happiness and making friends.

Among your past and present co stars who is your closest friend ?

There are so many but if i have to name a few of them it would be keerthi kelkar from choti bahu, Karan grover, Srishty rode and Minal (From punar vivah - ek nayee umeed) and ravi dubey from saas bina sasural.

Would you agree that television has become more powerful than bollywood in india ?

Yes, yes and definitely yes, The viewership of tv in india is enormous now.

How much do your fans mean to you and which has been your most memorable encounter ?

I feel the biggest award for an actor is the priceless appreciation of their fans. My fans mean alot to me and every encounter so far has been memorable be it an interaction on the sets or with the huge audiences during a stage show.

How did you feel being named as one of the most sexiest women on the planet ?

(Smiles) I am extremely happy many of my friends and strangers used to call me Moti (Chubby) Bahu during my first series of choti bahu (zee tv ) From there on until now i have put in alot of dedication and determination and the hard work has been rewarded by this acknowledgement of being one of the most sexiest women on the planet.

What makes a women sexy ?

I think there are three qualities that make a women sexy - her poise, vivacious self and elegant personality.

What qualities most impress you in a guy ?

Down to earth nature and sense of humour.

What are your best and worst qualities ?

I feel i am the best and sometimes this feeling proves to be the worst. 

What inspires you ?

Hard work and sincerity inspire me . I respect people who are wholehearted and dedicated to their work.

Who would you say is your biggest style inspiration ?

Well my second profession franchise, Second love is styling and designing i am glad that i have got the opportunity to style myself for all my shows, I have designed my outfits for all the events and functions i have attended so far every creation inspires me to do better and better.

What does happiness mean to you ?

Happiness is a state of mind we all are born to be absolutely happy so i make sure that i create happiness for myself and for others as well i always make sure that i keep my work (and home) environment healthy and lively.

Finally would you like to give a message to your fans ?

I want to thank all my fans from the bottom of my heart and give them my heartfelt gratitude for their unconditional love and support.

amazing wrk...n very nice interview
MaryamMary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you very much you did good, always love to read her thoughts, very practical...