Take Ten-Neha Devi Singh

StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
Dunno if it is posted before but let me know if it is:

Take Ten: Neha Devi Singh

Playing the nave young girl in Asit Modi's Saarthi, Neha Devi Singh says she was studying in a film school and wanted to be a director, but was told to act instead.

Hence, she effortlessly moved from one vocation to the other and was earlier seen as Bijli in the thriller Sshhh…Koi Hai. Here are 10 things you'd like to know about her…

What's your star sign?
Leo.

For what did you get your first pay cheque? And how much?
I was paid Rs 9,500 for modelling for Lifebuoy Gold.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
I believe in astrology; but I am not familiar with numerology.

What one thing are you really bad at doing?
Lying. I just can't do it!

What's your favourite smell?
The smell of the earth after the first rain.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be staying?
I'd like to stay where I presently stay – Andheri (West).

What item of clothing do you prefer?
Jeans and t-shirts.

What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
I drink a glass of water, as I feel very thirsty!

Which celebrity do you admire?
There are many celebs I admire. But I really like the way Oprah Winfrey handles her chat show business.

How often do you say, "I love you"?
Only when I need to say it.

PRO-FILE: Neha Devi Singh who acts in Saarthi

You see her in Saarthi on Star Plus and you wish you had help like her in your home. Beautiful, pretty and ever smiling. Yes, we refer to Neha Devi Singh, who plays Bhoomika in the daily produced by Aasit Modi for the noon slot on Star Plus. Bhoomika is the family servant's daughter, very innocent down to earth, trustworthy for whom life is all about her daily duties and pooja. ''It's an interesting role. It's neither a mother, nor the bahu or bhabhi. It's a mix of everything. She has no grey areas. She is a very simple girl, '' explains Singh with an effervescent smile. For those who haven't kept track, Saarthi is about the feud between two families - two step brothers — one the legitimate family, the other the illegitimate one. Bhoomika is in love with her master's son.

This is Neha's second show. Her first one was the ghost buster series Sshh Koi Hai in which she played one of the lead in the Trikaal team called Bijlee alongwith Salil Ankola and Jiten Lalwani. She was dressed in a purple cat suit and an eye mask. In contrast she is now Bhoomika, very Indian in her looks and at heart. ''Usually, when you succeed as a character you are offered similar roles. Fortunately, I got something that's drastically different. In fact, I did get an offer during Koi Hai for CID to play a lady cop but luckily this happened, instead. Bhoomika is much more fun,'' she adds.

Okay. Now guess what Neha wanted to do. She wanted to be a director. And she still intends to be one. ''Definitely,'' states Neha who went to FTII in Pune but then found herself acting. ''I enjoy this. I am learning. I am quite happy. Working hard and trying to focus on this show. Let's see how it goes,'' says Neha who is a half Manipuri and half Punjabi. She lived in Delhi before she moved to Mumbai along with her family about 12 years back. ''I love this city and I can't see myself any where else,'' she says. Her mother and her sister are her biggest critics ''but they quite like my role in Saarthi. As I said, the whole process is very exciting and I am enjoying it,'' she smiles again.

Bhumika & Mansen in ishq vishq

Who says love happens only when one works in films? Getting drawn towards co-actors has become a common phenomena on Indian television.

The latest to join the bandwagon is Nawab (Mansen Goenka) and Neha Devi Singh (Bhumika) of Saarthi (Star Plus).

According to sources, Neha is very young compared to Nawab.

Nawab admitted, "I love Neha and she loves me. We are seeing each other," adding, "It was love at first sight for me at least. I like everything about her."

Neha is currently out of the country and said, "I will speak about Nawab after I return to India." As for marriage plans with him, she laughed, "Not yet."

This is Nawab's second tryst with television. He earlier did a show called Indian. He has also done films like Woh, Escape from Taliban and Lakshya.

Neha is half Manipuri and half Punjabi. She lived in Delhi before she moved to Mumbai along with her family about 12 years back. This is Neha's second show.

Her first one was the spooky series Sshh… Koi Hai in which she played one of the leads.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Its already posted before.. 😊