Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy.rock thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Dear Shirley
Have been following ur story fom day1. Have read all thots n views about the plot. I need to really applaud u for taking up this story. Let aside the plot or the ongoing discussion must say hvnt ever read anything so finely crafted n beautiful. Ur command ovr the language , the use of ryt words at the ryt place makes reading much more pleasureable . Ur skills as a writer are commendable. The magic u weave thru ur vision is worth an applaud.
Coming to the plot of the story initially I too was a little skeptical. Considering the fact that v hv Indian values probably I culdn't accept it too. But I must say Deepali's POV completely changed my outlook towards the story. She is indeed ryt that at times owing to our pain we lose the capacity to see the ryt n wrong or even to value the precious belongings we r blessed with. Despite our efforts our patience just slips out of our hands. I really have to thank her for letting me see the pain of ur leads so deeply...it was like Nidhi was standing ryt there in front of me n cud feel every emotion of hers...I cried wd her , felt her anger of rejection , then when her wounds were actually treated by Ashu's words ,I cud see the exploding stormy tempers of the vicious sea turn calm n serene , opening its arms to embrace n accept the twisted fate. Have always been a fan of her reviews that I read on the other threads...not only did I eagerly wait for updates but for her reviews too. But what she writes here is truly superlative. 
Can't refrain myself from praising Dr. Babs too. Her stand on the story was indeed magnificent.
I think the entire story is about " if luv hurts it has the power to heal too" out an  out a story of pure love...Ashu's love for Nidhi ...We go down the wrong road, we get lost, but wat is important is that we turn back. That's exactly wat Ashu did for Nidhi
As for Nidhi...wat do I say...her characterisation I presume wud have been the most challenging. A girl whose dreams were shattered even before they cud bloom...her life shattered to pieces like glass...she picked up the broken pieces to rebuild the foundation bit by bit ...with just one little chunk missing ...that was ryt there in front of her...but blindfolded by hurt she cud not see. Once her ice cold piercing torment had thawed away she cud put back all fragments together n build a beautiful life.
Wat a fabulous team work ...Deepali was of course one of my favourite reviewers n to b honest I started reading this story when I read that she was going to b ur soundboard...n I must  acknowledge the fact that she has supported one of the finest writers
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shirley that was truly magnificent , loved every bit your story, loved the way Ashu shows her , without saying a word how unsuited they are , and how much she loves and misses Rohan , she had being so caught u in her first infuation , that she took it as true love , not realising that she had moved on long back , but her mind was still thinking of an unrequited love , and the what could have been , how many of us wonder how life would have been with your first crush , and forget to value what we have , a beautiful , beautiful story , very real , and very we'll written , thank u for spending your precious holidays , writing this story , 

Thank u for letting us read it , can really imagine MB in this role , suited him more than the confession , somehow in serial didn't gel , but this suited him brilliantly
Edited by bc123456 - 10 years ago
PMithalee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hailaa! U posted 😲 Mujhe toh pata hee nahi chala... will read ASAP... Bye...
Cherishh thumbnail
Hayeee...this is a very different concept...a brave and nice try, but a bit hard to digest fort sureπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Edited by Cherishh - 10 years ago
vidyasabde thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome...you have ended the os marvelously...this could have been the obvious end of KTLK ...but for the theme of age gap romance.
you showed very beautifully best friend can become true love if feelings are genuine at least from one side and secondly you can fall in love twice .

this different or hatke ending is a bit difficult to digest for Ashni lover but the os as such was outstanding...πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Now one os/ff with usual ending toh banta hai Shirley...  
ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Shirley, read the concluding part; have one word for this entire OS: Brilliant!!

Ur stories are always hard-hitting reality. Many things that we cant have in real, we wish to see them happening at least in fiction to soothe our souls stressed with hard facts of life. And this is what your stories dont offer... This OS was initially a big jolt for me with pairing of the leads and all the chapters were very thought-provoking; especially the 4th chapter. But with U as writer, I had to patiently wait for the story to unfold and the way realisation of true love dawned upon Nidhi at last is just commendable on the writer's part!! πŸ‘

Scenes & convo.s/dialogues were really powerful, well thought of and beautifully etched out. One thing that I like in your writing is U always are sure of what U wish to convey - no confusion and no budging... And u are fully aware of what potential ur characters hold - actually you define ur characters with a certain boundary - as I feel & dont let them go OTT crossing that limit. Here I find Nidhi's character the most difficult to portray but you took the plunge and gave us totally "hatke" story.

Not to forget that whole story took place in just 2 days... something like "iss raat ki subah nahi" plot... One after the another life-shaking truths got revealed in such a constrained time... that too first 3 chapters' scenes played in span of just a few hours... Poor Nidhi... Unreciprocated, 5 yrs back brutally rejected love, she found all of a sudden...highly unexpectedly and got answers to many of her questions in those few hours - from afternoon session till late evening only. Koi sayana se sayana insaan bhi boukhla jaaye... then here we had a lady who had that piece of time 5 yr.s before, still clenched in her fists, who was very shattered with unrequited love, somewhat childish, somewhat obseessed... so much so that despite being so much in love with Rohan she wasnt able to acknowledge her feelings!! Recalled the song "Tumhe ho na ho mujh ko toh itna yakeen hai mujhe pyar tumse nahi hai nahi hai" And w/o speaking any word Ashutosh realized her the incompatibility b/w them!! Could so imagine the "Man of few words" Dr. Ashutosh portrayed par excellence by MBji throughout the story!!

Wow!! What a creativity!! πŸ‘ So much less time for to all the events (like a tale of two days) and female protagonist leading a life of stagnancy w.r.to her first love!! She has got a man of every woman's dream as her husband but it's like:
"Jo chaha tha woh mila nahi
Jo mila hai uski chaah nahi thi"
for her. Probably that's the reason, she fails to recognize how much she values and loves him... And with all such complexities, you excelled in the narration!! Hats off!! πŸ‘
Crazy.rock thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Unbelievable, really the last update was magnificent . This story inspires us to choose love and compassion over anger and resentment. We may not be open to tapping, or meditation, or other methods of manifesting our joy and grief, but this message of love can be universal .  Unlikely Story of Love, Healing, and Redemption . I can honestly say it's been a lot of years since I read an entire story in almost one sitting. After reading the last chapter there was a beautiful feeling of calm in my groin, a sense of peace so remarkable it was almost ecstasy. 

Two things that I found significant in the update were :
1. Nidhi reminding Ashu about the toy he promised his son
2. Nidhi subconsciously blabbering about Rohan's qualities

What she did not know, and would never have believed, was that though her soul seemed to have been grown over with an impenetrable layer of love,some delicate blades of grass, young and tender, were already pushing their way upwards, destined to take root and send out living shoots so effectively that her all-consuming grief would soon be lost and forgotten. The wound was healing from inside.

What a beautiful ending to a beautiful story...something very real n acceptable. I bow down to ur artistic writing Shirley. Admist so many oppositions u have managed to write such an extraordinary story πŸ‘

pansy123 thumbnail
Great OS shirley dear. β­οΈπŸ‘

Sorry I couldn't comment earlier first due to my sprained hand and second I waited the story to unfold. I'm sorry I couldn't connect with the Nidhi but the characters you tried to portray where etched and embedded well...the story was superbly narrated... I felt the angst that was cogent, the pain that was eloquent, the hope that can't be reached, the dream that couldn't turn to reality...Kudos to you my dear friend for narrating this so beautifully! πŸ‘

The story and Ashutosh here reminded me of famous ghazal ...

"Ask me not, my love, for the passions of yore...

I had believed that with you, the world (would be) luminous;
(that) with the pain of your love, there (would be) no issue with worldly sorrows;
(that) your beauty (would) lend permanence to the spring;
(that) save your eyes, nothing else matters in the world;
(that) if I could win you, destiny (itself) would supplicate before me...

but it wasn't so, i had merely wanted that it be so;
there are other sorrows in the world, beyond those of love;
and forms of relief other than the comfort of Union...

Ask me not, my love, for the passions of yore...

Veenaper thumbnail
Dear Shirley, a fantastic end to a truly unique but hard hitting OS. Though I started reading this OS from its first update the pairing was not to my taste. Yes could imagine only MB in the role of Dr. Ashutosh. But the way the story unfolded with brilliant dialogues - my heart went out for Nidhi.  Yon have portrayed her character as a successful paediatrician but lacking in confidence in her own accomplishments because of her first unrequited love which was brutally crushed.  Married to the man who loves her dearly but she treating him more like a friend - it happens so many times in our own lives - we do not value what we have. 

After I read the previous update I was totally shocked but this update was truly fabulous πŸ‘.  I somehow knew for sure that you will turn the tables here and that is what you have done so beautifully. Dr. Ashutosh did not have to do a thing here - Nidhi realises and appreciates what a precious man she has in her life during the course of their outing.  Her sense of glee with the shopping - typical Nidhi. She reminding Dr. Ashutosh about the toy for his son which he had so conveniently forgotten tugged at my heart but the best part is the finale when she confesses to Rohan πŸ‘πŸΌ.  

And let me confess that I started reading this OS because of two reasons - one is you are a brilliant writer and secondly Deepali Gupta was your sounding board.  I have always looked up to her reviews at several posts but mainly at Pansy's FF - her analysis are superlative πŸ‘.  You two make an extraordinary and incredible pair πŸ‘πŸΌ.  Hats off young lady for this OS. 

Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Shirley,
You ended this OS πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ so soon...