Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Suvika. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: bc123456

Suvi read everyone's point of view , got me thinking am sitting in hospi waiting for my next patient , first love or rather attraction is funny , at that time it seems so big , monumental that u feel that your whole life depends on it , when u don't see it fructify then letting go is so much more difficult , and later in life when u have moved on and life has taken a totally different turn , and u are reasonably content with life , yet once in a while the yearning does come that life may have been wonderful if I had attained my first love , maybe when u come face to face with it , wonder what our reaction would be , would u forget everything and run into his arms , or would the norms of society , and. Your values hold u back , bye will follow later as here comes a patient

Dr Babs...the first part of my reply above should answer your question...here it is:

i value what i have more than what i lost and hence my inability to connect with her.

Norms of society don't come into it. 

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepaligupta197

Very well said Dr. Babs...i bow down to ur impassioned emphathetic POV...I too wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Isnt it delicious Ambiguity?
As for Nidhi's characterization ,If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But imagine to arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day
To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.That is the cost of living.
Hats off to Shirley to risk taking up such a complex plot n weave it with such beauty n grace

Please no offence to anyone here.

I merely said, got over the initial shock... because.. I wanted to enjoy the beauty of the writing and the magic of your writing... so, I have set aside the basic disagreement with the plot.

whatever Deepali said is for the worst of humankind... something like seeking joy in the saddest places... but, I think I still have to get convinced how a 'happily' or 'unhappily' married woman keeping someone else at heart (though first love ) is not seeking of joy at the saddest places.

In one of my previous replies, I mentioned about our hatred to Mallika. I want to write a bit more.

One could sympathise Mallika till she was a  lover. If she was not an abused wife... probably she would have got over her obsession over the time and even she would have laughed at her obsession later (may be after 5 years)... and  we sympathised her as an abused wife...
but strictly never liked her trying to come near married Ashutosh... and even though she was single/ pregnant later and expressed her love towards Ashutosh to her maid... I couldnt digest... and her final bye couldnot make me feel all that convincing.

Now, I cannot find what should make me feel good about Nidhi's characterization... and I am p**ed off with even Ashutosh... I couldnt help having a feeling may be a tiny bit of his mind is proud about the fact that he is sought by a girl even now...

... We hate western culture... but, even with western culture, keeping someone at heart or thinking about someone else after the marriage is considered serious cheating... and I worry even for Ashutosh ... though, he did not physically hug her... didnt he have feelings for the girl?

@Dr. Babs,
please do not take names of the actors... especially, when you say something against them... because, there are so many fans here and we donot want an ugly fight erupt in the forum again!

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Hi Shirley and everyone

I am getting late for work and would reply if anything comes up in reply to my above reply  in the evening.πŸ˜ƒ

Though forum is addictive, paapi pet ka sawaal hai akhir.... (wo)man needs to work unfortunately for that
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mudraswathi

I merely said, got over the initial shock... because.. I wanted to enjoy the beauty of the writing and the magic of your writing... so, I have set aside the basic disagreement with the plot.

whatever Deepali said is for the worst of humankind... something like seeking joy in the saddest places... but, I think I still have to get convinced how a 'happily' or 'unhappily' married woman keeping someone else at heart (though first love ) is not seeking of joy at the saddest places.

In one of my previous replies, I mentioned about our hatred to Mallika. I want to write a bit more.

One could sympathise Mallika till she was a  lover. If she was not an abused wife... probably she would have got over her obsession over the time and even she would have laughed at her obsession later (may be after 5 years)... and  we sympathised her as an abused wife...
but strictly never liked her trying to come near married Ashutosh... and even though she was single/ pregnant later and expressed her love towards Ashutosh to her maid... I couldnt digest... and her final bye couldnot make me feel all that convincing.

Now, I cannot find what should make me feel good about Nidhi's characterization... and I am p**ed off with even Ashutosh... I couldnt help having a feeling may be a tiny bit of his mind is proud about the fact that he is sought by a girl even now...

... We hate western culture... but, even with western culture, keeping someone at heart or thinking about someone else after the marriage is considered serious cheating... and I worry even for Ashutosh ... though, he did not physically hug her... didnt he have feelings for the girl?

@Dr. Babs,
please do not take names of the actors... especially, when you say something against them... because, there are so many fans here and we donot want an ugly fight erupt in the forum again!

Thanks Mudra for the advice , but frankly loved the initial episodes of the serial with MB only post the confession did not enjoy it , am a great fan of MB' s and SK too , In fact love the character of dr Ashutosh's irrespective  , but thank u πŸ‘

Edited by bc123456 - 10 years ago
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
And Shirley thank u for all discussion , u must be proud that your OS generated so much , thought and discourse , after seeing life in all it's colors the good the bad and the ugly, maybe , now am more willing to see both sides of the picture πŸ‘πŸΌ Great going
suku_07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mudraswathi

@Dr. Babs,

Beautiful reply Mudra ji...It will an insult to me as a human being if I don't applaud you...πŸ‘ Thank you πŸ˜³
Edited by suku_07 - 10 years ago
PMithalee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Arre aap toh abhi so rahe hongey na! Deepali ji bhi off line dikh rahi hain... Next update kab hain? ????? 😊
PMithalee thumbnail
As far as review of the previous chapter... Kya bolu!!! Nice progress πŸ˜ƒ

Toh Anmol Mallu and Ashu ka hee beta hain...hmmm...chalo acha hain and thank you Shirley ji ki aapne describe nahi kiya ki actually Anmol hua kaise 🀣 I mean warna koi aur writer hota toh ache se describe karta ki kaise Mallu was reacting and Ashu ko majburi main vo sab karna pad raha tha 🀣 🀣

And Shirley ji par aapne toh Mallu ko Devi bana diya πŸ˜† Par chalo koi nai bechari ko aapke OS main hee sahi par Ashu mil toh gaya... Happy for her...

And Nidhi! Kya bolu???? Mujhe uske koi bhi reaction main koi khot nahi nazar aata... She is just thinking about Ashutosh aur unka pyaar... par Ashu hain na putting some sense into her brain... Happy ki Baba mil gaye

Ye toh Pakka hain ki Ashni won't get together! Chance hee nahi hain...Ashu khudke swaarth ke liye baakio ki zindagi tabaah nahi karega

Baaki ka main kuch nahi bol sakti...I mean main deep analysis nahi kar sakti human behavior...society and all...hum naadan hain...na duniya ko jaante na koi zyaada samajh rakhte hain! Toh...

Baaki again loved reading the chap the way you portrayed every scene was just Awesome πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Will wait for the next update...

deepaligupta197 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Suvika.

Deepali..read through your philosophy...interesting...though i don't agree on all the points. could be because my own thought process is not like that. i value what i have more than what i lost and hence my inability to connect with her.

Once again thank u for bearing my philosophy
but one thing i repeat. i do not see "love" of Nidhi in this chapter. each has their own definition of love. i agree. 

i do not see hurt either. i do not see her pain at her loss. i only see her selfish desire to want what she can't have. it happens to many, agreed but not a healthy one.  especially in this context.

you say that Nidhi has not done anything. But i am asking, are her thoughts not enough?? she might not want to kill Mallika but she does want to snatch Mallika's life (Ashutosh is Mallika's life here). 

Frankly, after five years of being married to a nice person, if she doesn't value that person, may be that person IS better off without her. she is not "ready" to give up her marriage Deepali. She is "eager" to "get rid" of her marriage. that is how it has come out. 
Oh m really sorry if that is the msg conveyed. I feel it's a failure on my part that culdn't help the writer to bring out the emotions that well...truly my fault n I apologise. But I guess u dint read my philosophy that well then or again i wud say was a total failure trying to put forth my views. Sorry to have disappointed u.
All her feelings are human. I agree. But I neither support her thoughts nor actions. Thats all I am saying. πŸ˜Š

All this solely my POV. Not intending to hurt you or Shirley. I hope you do realize that. 

No ways Sujatha we r mature individuals just having a healthy discussion...n each entitled to their POV . I c Nidhi as a mere human who tends to make mistakes nd grant her a chance to mend them too...so no offence taken n I hope I hvnt offended or hurt u too in any way.
deepaligupta197 thumbnail

None taken MudraπŸ˜ƒ luv to read ur mature stand on the story.

Exactly wat I tried to pinpoint Mudra . Never forget that you are not what the world revolves around, that one human being is not imperative to the world as a whole, that there is something larger than yourself. that you shud try to find the silver lining in every dark cloud, so to speak. Don't make something less than what it is worth, and don't exaggerate things that are small moments in time that will quickly pass. Be respectful of those that have the strength to do what they must, not those who have undeserved authority. It is our wounds that create in us a desire to reach for miracles. The fulfillment of such miracles depends on whether we let our wounds pull us down or lift us up towards a new n bright future . Ashu's rejection was like a stab to her heart...she kept him in her thot process as a wound. Once the wound is healed the pain gone her heart wud automatically buffer her mind for new memories. 
Truly respect ur views ... This is solemnly my pov

@Dr. Babs,

Oops sorry about that...wud keep that In mind πŸ˜ƒ