shorty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
As much as i love priyanka but what is up with this OTT annoyingly fake accent on the Arsenio Hall Show in America. Her accent is cringeworthy!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQZ2eWwieU 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amara_B thumbnail
Why was she on that show?

Also I agree her accent is cringeworthy. I thought Aishwarya's was annoying but Priyanka beats her by a long shot.
Edited by Amara_B - 10 years ago
Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, Arsenio Hall...15 years ago that would have been cool.
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aish in comparison seems way better now.
NancyAjram thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She should be proud of her accent!! ?
People will find her more authentic and real than right now
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it seems quite a few celebs have put on an accent when they go abroad, ash used to do it a lot. And i remember how salman put on a fake American accent in his film marigold.
shorty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I know i thought no-one could beat ash but PC defo  has in the accent department. But generally i find PC more likeable and tolerable than ash ever was. Ash was too fake in terms of her answers to some of the questions. 
Yeah it does seem that most Bollywood actors are almost ashamed of their accents, you don't see american stars coming to India and putting on an Indian accent.
Amara_B thumbnail
Originally posted by: kitkataha

Aish in comparison seems way better now.

I agree, since becoming a mother she seems to have changed in a positive way. I actually like her now.

I remember Salman changing his accent around the time he got with Katrina.

Akshay also changed his accent in the behind the scenes interviews of Singh is King title track with Snoop Dog - that one was really obvious and cringeworthy.
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^ oh yea, I've warmed up to Aish as well post her motherhood. She is a lot more relaxed and at ease in comparison to her earlier yrs. Also, she is a lot more relate-able now, while earlier she'd come across rehearsed and cautious. 

in totality, I'd still rate Aish above Priyanka when it comes to Hollywood appearances ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† If I had to pick, I'd probably pick Aish's Oprah/Letterman intvw than any of PC's intvws...and that says a lot. It really grinds my gears to see a grown up woman act like she's still 13, unexplored lil girl.
JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: shorty123

I know i thought no-one could beat ash but PC defo  has in the accent department. But generally i find PC more likeable and tolerable than ash ever was. Ash was too fake in terms of her answers to some of the questions. 

Yeah it does seem that most Bollywood actors are almost ashamed of their accents, you don't see american stars coming to India and putting on an Indian accent.

Ash was great on Lettermen. Nothing fake at all.  Same on 60 Minutes, Martha Stewart. Not fake and she talked the same way she does here and she behaved the same way too. Not put on like I find PC here. 
Edited by JodhaBai - 10 years ago