Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Comparisons with Mukesh Khanna don't bother me: Arav Chowdharry

Soumitra Das,TNN | Dec 9, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Comparisons with Mukesh Khanna don't bother me: Arav Chowdharry
Arav Chowdharry as Bhishma in the show

Arav
 Chowdharry, best remembered for cameos in films like 'Dhoom' and 'Lakshya', is very happy to have got the opportunity to play the important role of Bhishma in the show 'Mahabharat'. 

"I had to audition quite a few times for the role and feel delighted that I eventually got it. It is a challenge to play Bhishma, who was one of the strongest warriors that we know of. To portray that sort of a personality is no easy task and I worked hard on aspects like my walk and voice modulation to prepare as extensively for the role as possible. But I didn't watch the earlier versions of the show because I wanted to interpret the character in my own way. I know that there will be comparisons but they don't really bother me. I have been getting great feedback and it's a big step ahead in my career," says Arav, who was in Vadodara to promote the show. Excerpts from a chat: 

How it all started I always wanted to be an actor. In college, I used to do a lot of plays and doing theatre has helped me immensely in growing as an actor. After I moved to Mumbai, a lot of people suggested that I should try my hands at modelling, which I did. So, while most people first get into modelling and then into acting, it was the other way round for me." 

Bollywood journey I have enjoyed all the projects that I have done but Lakshya and Dhoom remain my personal favorites. I enjoyed the three-month stint in Ladakh while shooting for Lakshya. Besides, just getting to watch and interact with Amitabh Bachchan was a great honour and education in itself. 

Future projects I am doing a big Kannada film and am open to good work, irrespective of the medium.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

butterturnips thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thank you so much Shruti for sharing the article. 😊
No doubt, he is justifying the character. He is living his character, BHISHMA.. ⭐️ 😃
I am so proud to be his fan..cheers to Arav sir ! ⭐️ ⭐️ Edited by candidfrisky - 10 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Mukesh Khanna was a bore.  Arav is much better 😈

Similarly for Aham vs Pankaj Dheer - actually, I prefer Pankaj Dheer as Himavan, rather than Karna
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well very few actors in this MB have come close to how the actors in BR chopras MB potrayed their characters and aarav is one of them.Which i would say is a big acheivement
INSTIGATOR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Mukesh Khanna was a bore. Arav is much better 😈

Similarly for Aham vs Pankaj Dheer - actually, I prefer Pankaj Dheer as Himavan, rather than Karna

Shruti will shoot you 😆
Just kidding!
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Daya_Manic

Shruti will shoot you 😆
Just kidding!

Oh no 😆
I'm neither immature nor insecure. I know I love MK as Bheeshma, that's what matters the most. Also, I understand that my views may not match with everyone and vice versa. What's wrong in this? 😊

I'd surely respond in case someone does bashing. But opposing someone when he/she just expresses a normal view, reflects insecurity, lack of faith in your favourite and nothing else.
INSTIGATOR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Shruti

Oh no 😆
I'm neither immature nor insecure. I know I love MK as Bheeshma, that's what matters the most. Also, I understand that my views may not match with everyone and vice versa. What's wrong in this? 😊

I'd surely respond in case someone does bashing. But opposing someone when he/she just expresses a normal view, reflects insecurity, lack of faith in your favourite and nothing else.

Well said!
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Well very few actors in this MB have come close to how the actors in BR chopras MB potrayed their characters and aarav is one of them.Which i would say is a big acheivement

If that's the criteria, I'd add Saurav Gujjar as Bhima to 1 of them.  In BRC, Bhima was made into a all brawn, no brains character, which I hated about BRC.  Out here, he is usually a fun guy to watch.  Also, given the fact that the guy is a wrestler, not an actor, he deserves extra credit for it.