OS| Mere samne wali khidki mein...

InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Please someone pinch me, I cannot believe this happening. Pinch me, dammit it. Since no one could hear me, I decided to take the liberty and pinch myself. Ouch! That seriously hurt. I cannot believe Kiran actually called out his name right in the middle of the corridor. I swear to god that girl has invited her own death.  I am so going to kill her once I get home! Remain composed. Find your damn tongue and say something. Say anything. Anything. Speak you idiot! No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. No. Get a grip, you are Khushi Kumari Gupta! You are not afraid of anyone except maybe your mother.

'' I have eco...e..economics next. '' Khushi blurted out clutching to her books tightly. Her knuckles had turned white under the pressure she was applying due to her frail nerve system.

Arnav smiled and shook his head lightly. '' I know, Khushi. Remember, we are in the same class? You sit one row up from me. '' Laughing, he fixed his bag and walked away after winking at the girls. '' See you both in class. ''

Khushi immediately released abated breath and turned to look at Kiran. Kiran Shergill was her childhood friend, they had met each other in grade 1 '' I cannot believe you just did that! '' Hitting Kiran on the arm with a small book, she groaned out loud uncaring of who heard her. '' He must think I am an idiot. Only an idiot can forget something like that. Of course we have economics together, he says hi to me every day. I am such an idiot. I am an idiot right? ''

'' Well, if you are volunteering? '' Kiran shrugged with a stoned-face expression but ended up grinning widely. '' Oh come on, I did you a favor. You have been crushing on the guy since you were a fresher here. I thought it was time you moved up a level. Don't you think so? Plus all that silent stalking you do is getting pretty creepy.  ''

'' Shut up! I hate you. How could you just call his name just like that? I wasn't even prepared, Kiran. Now he must be laughing at me. ''

'' I am laughing at you also, but just to be fair; I gave you a two second warning. It's not my fault you were daydreaming about that hottie. ''

'' Go to hell. '' Khushi muttered solidly through gritted teeth and picked up her bag from the seating bench. '' I am going to class. ''

Kiran leapt in and hugged Khushi before she could leave. '' accha meri maa, maaf kardo? Don't be so sensitive.'' Pausing, she held out her hand for a truce waiting for Khushi to accept and she did reluctantly though. '' Next time, I promise to give you a minute head-start!  ''

'' Kirannn!! I hate you! '' Khushi grumbled loudly watching her walk away quickly in the direction of her next lecture.

I might say I hate her, but I love her. She is less of a friend and more of a sister. Mum once said, we should adopt Kiran since she spends more time at our house than her own. I agree she is a little noisy, but so am I.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With college over for the day, Khushi rushed home as fast as possible just like any other day. Oh no, she wasn't in a hurry to get home because she missed her parents or anything like rather she had some other plans. Devious plans that involved the frantic beat of her heart. You could say, it was a very important ritual of her life.

Setting her bag in the hallway, Khushi scrambled out of her flats and rushed towards the stairway. Sadly for her, she collided with her older brother.

'' How ya doing kid? ''

'' Get out of my face! '' Khushi bit out crossly and pushed her brother away. At any other time, she would have allowed him his daily dose of teasing her but he was disturbing her at a very pivotal moment.

'' Good to know you're doing fine. I am well also, thank you for asking. '' Aman said watching her climb the staircase in a hurry. He took a bite out of his apple and continued towards the family living room wondering what was so important that his sister couldn't even spare a minute for him.

Opening the door to her room, Khushi closed it with a loud thud, and ran towards her window. She was just about to push away the curtains, but a knock interrupted her. '' Not now. Please I am busy. '' She said in a loud voice. Thankfully the person retreated and left her alone.

Khushi stepped to the side and pulled away the curtains that were hiding the view from her sight. From her window, she could see the inside of another bedroom. A bedroom that was organized and kept tidy unlike her's which was a colossal mess.

He must not be home yet! I guess I was too quick today. Well I am a fast runner. Maybe I should join the cross-country team? Nope- too much running involved. My weak limbs would not be able to bear it...Yes, Yes, I know Devi maiyya, I know I skipped my morning run today. Skipped a chance to see him! Can you blame me? I was up all night finishing my lab report. I know I shouldn't have left it till the last moment. Turning to look at the window, Khushi sighed. Where is he today? Wait-- I think I see him. Oh yes, he is here. God, he looks divine. Handsome. Cute. Adorable. Roguish. Delicious. I am acting like a stalker but I cannot crush him with my crush. If he comes to know I have been in love with him for 2 years, he would think I am some insane nut. Well, I am an insane nut...he would be reaffirming the truth, but still-- Why are these things so complicated? It shouldn't make a difference to me, because I am never going to tell him about my feelings. Yes, I am never going to tell Arnav Singh Raizada, I secretly spy on him every day after college because I am hopelessly in love with him. She saw his silhouette move across the room as he took a seat on the bed. He began to untie his shoelace- but he was smiling? There was a full blown smile on his face, which lead to Khushi smiling in a similar manner. It was times like these she was thankful she lived in a house next to his and even more thankful to have a bedroom that faced his. The glorious view she was greeted with every day  was truly a blessing in disguise. Khushi opened her mouth with a O when she saw him remove his T-shirt. Oh my god- I should really turn around. Yes. Khushi turn around. You should be ashamed. Secret-crush-spying is okay, but seeing a guy naked from torso up before marriage is not right. But maybe a peek wouldn't hurt? Would it? I just want to see those abs that I hear the cheerleaders gushing about in the washroom stalls. I deserve to see those abs...Okay I don't but you don't have anyone to blame except yourself for a missed opportunity. I can't miss this opportunity. I can't do it...I can't  turn around! Khushi. Turn around right now! I am going to rot in hell for this. Khushi stood rooted to her spot  and ended up covering her eyes with her hands. Well, this isn't lame at all. She snorted internally at her own strangeness.

'' See anything you like? '' A man's voice boomed from the opposite end with an intrusive remark in his words.

Oh shit! This isn't happening. This isn't happening. THIS IS SO NOT HAPPENING. Devi maiyya all I asked for this Diwali was that may my crush flourish underneath the craziness of my own wings and may no one else ever chance upon my utter craziness. And, what did you do? You made my crush aware of my ''crush'' on him? What kind of justice is that? Just because I didn't keep a Karwa Chauth wrath this time, you are out to punish me? Well you are in for a surprise, because I am not opening my eyes. Yes, you heard me. I am going to stand here with my eyes covered until he goes away...two can play this game and I will win.

'' Khushi? '' Arnav said, from his window. Since there was not much of a distance between their respective houses, they could hear each other without any trouble. He casually leaned against the metal frame watching his conquest hide her away behind her embarrassment. ''I know it's you, Khushi. Look at me. ''

'' This is not Khushi. I am someone else. ''

Unperturbed, Arnav chuckled, running his hand through his hair. '' Well, when Khushi gets home can you tell her, I will be picking her up at 7 for our date tonight. ''

Khushi gasped and her hands fell away on their own accord. '' We do not have a date tonight.''  Devi maiyya, why are you testing my patience?

'' Caught you.''

Her cheeks flushed with a scarlet red and she started to move back from the window. '' Uhm, I have to go. ''

'' Were you watching me from your window? ''

'' I was not-- I think mum is calling me...'', Khushi said as a feeble excuse and headed for the door.

'' Wait. Khushi -- '' He called out, '' I think it was pretty cute!''  Khushi left the room with a quick few steps not paying any heed to his voice.

Slamming the door behind her, Khushi cursed under her breath. Did that just really happen? I can't believe Arnav saw me spying on him? I hope he doesn't tell mum or worse Aman? What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I stay there long enough for him to catch me? But, is it really my fault? Of course not? He shouldn't have been changing in plain view that way I would have not been enticed by the allure his body. Allure of his body? Really? I mean really? Whatever, all I know is, it is his fault that I was caught. I know I should have made up some excuse about why I was standing there like an idiot. Yes, except now, he probably thinks I am guilty. I was the one who ran away as if I had something to hide. And, I did, but I should have played it cool. Yes, like Salman Khan says '' Just chill' Just chill, Khushi!

'' Khushi, you okay? You seem awfully pale? '' Her brother asked, crossing her path in order to get to his room. '' What's wrong? ''  His heart-shaped face spoke of purity and kindness and his eyes spoke of the mischievousness that came as a responsibility under the tag of a big brother.

'' If you'll excuse me, I have to put my head through a wall '', throwing up her hands exasperatedly, she stomped in the direction of the staircase.

Khushi barely made it to the front door, when the door bell rang. Please don't let it be him. With no other choice left except to open the door, Khushi unlatched the lock and pulled open the wooden door. Surprised, no shocked. Shocked was the right expression. She stepped out on the porch and closed the door behind her. With the sun blazing down on them during a midsummer's afternoon, she stared into the eyes that were looking at her as if she was an ant, he was about crush with one sweep of his foot. '' Look, Arnav, you misunderstood. ''

Crossing his arms across his chest, he looked at her with an intent. '' This I have to hear. Do continue as to what and how I misunderstood. '' He asked, smugness evident across his face.

'' See, I was at the window because I needed fresh air and I just happened to see you across. Is it my fault that you change clothes with your shutters open? If you had closed the shutters, I wouldn't have looked through your window. It's simple as that. '' And the bullshit award goes to none other than Khushi Kumari Gupta. Really, I had been dreaming of this day. All that hard work finally paid off. I'd like to thank my faulty mind and stubborn heart for putting up with me.

'' Let me get this straight, you are blaming me for all this? ''

Yes. Do you want it in clearer terms? '' Basically, yes. '' Khushi retorted stiffly. '' You should be more careful, you know. ''

'' So, all those times you were staring at me from your window, those happened to be my mistake also, right? '' Arnav questioned assertively, looking at her.

How does he -- he saw me all those times? Everyday? I wish I could disappear.
'' What do you mean all those times? I am not some kind of stalker, you know.'' Khushi bit her lips nervously, knotting her fingers together.

'' Of course not, you are too pretty to be a stalker, but... ''

Did he just call me pretty? I must be loosing my mind?  '' But, what? ''

He hooked his thumb into the front pocket of his jeans and clumsily shifted on his foot. '' But, maybe, I like the fact you were stalking me. ''

'' I told you I was not stalking you! But, if I were, why would you like that? It's not as if you like me. Do you?  ''

Grinning, he smiled stepping closer. '' Maybe I do, maybe I don't. ''

'' Pick one. '' Khushi bellowed frustrated. '' Forget it, I am going inside. It's too hot outside! '' She turned away and headed inside but found her path blocked. The close proximity was intensely intimidatingly, but she held her ground. '' WHAT?''

'' If you want to know my answer, come to the window. '' He spoke gently, his thumb lightly tracing her jaw line. '' You know, you are really stubborn and slightly insane. ''

Khushi shook her head and stomped on his foot to clear her path. When he winced in pain, she smirked gloriously and headed inside quickly closing the door just in case he decided to step inside. I am not going to the window. I don't care if he likes me or not. I don't care. I do. I don't. I do. Fine! I do care. I do want to know if he likes me. Once again, she rushed up the staircase. Before opening the door of her bedroom, she crossed her fingers behind her back hoping it would aid her effort. As if that will help? She crossed the threshold of her room and landed before the window. He was already there waiting for her.

'' So, you came? I thought you might change your mind. ''

'' I decided between letting you wait there while going out for ice cream or telling Aman you were stalking me. ''

'' I guess neither won, though I should be thankful you didn't decide on the latter one. ''

'' You're welcome. Now I am going to give you one minute to explain how you know that sometimes I look at you from my window and why haven't you called me on it? ''

'' Sometimes? I think you mean almost every day. And, I know because...I have seen you do it countless of times. I think it's adorable you have a crush on me. ''

'' I do not have a crush on you... '' Khushi pulled the curtains together and hid herself from him but eventually parted them slightly only to find him calm and composed so unlike her state right now. '' What are you grinning about? ''

'' You. You're nuts! ''

Well thank you for verifying that. I may be nuts, but I am me. There is no one better than me, at least that was what my first grade teacher said. I hope she wasn't lying, because that would be like taking away the very foundation I have built myself on. ''
Your point is? You said if I came to the window, you will answer my question. Here I am...''

'' You want an answer? '' He smiled at her naivety. Did he need to spell it out in more clear terms for her.

Khushi nodded quietly. He held up his hand indicating for her to wait and came back with his phone. After a few seconds, he set it down and motioned for her to listen. She wasn't entirely happy about the turn of events but stayed still. Suddenly a tune started to play and eventually the lyrics joined in.

Mere saamne waali khidki mein
Ek chaand ka tukda rehta hai
Afsos ye hai ke vo hamse
Kuchh ukhda ukhda rehta hai

Khushi's ears strained as they grasped the lyrics of the song. Abruptly, she blushed and looked up. Arnav raised his brow and held out his hand as if asking her for an imaginary dance. It didn't take her long to reply, her she brought forth her her hand. Pretending as if he were spinning her, he held up his hand and watched her twirl at the other end. Towards the end of the song, they came together at the window, their chins resting on the palm of their hands as supported by their tenacious elbows staring at each other. Neither ready to move away before the other. 

Jis Roz Se Dekha Hai Usko
Ham Shamaa Jalaana Bhool Gaye
Dil Thaam Ke Aise Baithe Hain
Kahin Aana Jaana Bhool Gaye
Ab Aath Pahar In Aankhon Mein
Vo Chanchal Mukhda Rehta Hai

'' I might have a small itsy-bitsy crush on you. '' Khushi confessed gently, blushing all the way down to her roots.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C1_C503pvc[/YOUTUBE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANCHI. Seriously, did you really think I won't write up something for you? I wrote this OS only for you because I know how much you love this song. I love it also, which is of course the reason we met. Dudette, you are a awesome friendche! (Yes, I stand still by the fact that if you add che to any word it automatically becomes Gujarati πŸ˜†)

Hi guys, this is an OS I wrote for a friends birthday. Sincerely hope you like it because I LOVED writing it. I loved writing Khushi's inner thoughts :')

Do leave behind your thoughts because I would love to read them as always. Take care.

Edited by InvisibleSmile - 10 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Honeybee27 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Wow...wonderful and cute story dear!❀️😊
I enjoyed itπŸ˜ƒ Edited by Honeybee27 - 10 years ago
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Stalking never had such a good outcome! πŸ˜† This was really cute and oh so adorable. It was hilarious when Arnav caught her ogling him from her window, especially when she denied being herself on being called out. πŸ˜†
Barun_Gf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ₯±

Soorryy

Firstly belated happy brthdy

Bcz i m unresing late isliye belated

Secondly hayeee wat a lovely os

First crush since two yrs

nd wooo arnav knws abt dis

D whole way it was going

Frm ogling to kiran calling him

Her running to house for ogling on him through d window

Ufff his smile knwing dat she is watchng him

His catchng her red handed

Lolll wat more i cn say it lovely

nd finay d best awesome cnfss

D dance cherry on d cake

Lovd it

❀️

A request cn u write more like dis ..
Edited by Barun_Gf - 10 years ago
sweetmadhuri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
That was cute ... Nice OS... 
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Nice OS and nice song too... Thank you! 
Mojoo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Res...
I want to be on first page...Bas!
Unres-----
Lekin mere naseeb mein First page nahi hai...uuufff...
This was very nice Shiz...specially I enjoyed reading Khushi's inner thoughts...My favr8 part was where Arnav Was removing his T-shirt n Khushi's inner thoughts were worth reading at that time..n His dialogue...hahhaha...
Thankkkuu soo much for pm..Edited by Nooro - 10 years ago
Stimmy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
UnRes😊
Aww.. Such a cute OSπŸ€—

Loved it so much..I was Laughing throughout the sorryπŸ˜†

Thanks for the PMπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Stimmy - 10 years ago
winter.03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
This was so so so adorableee. Honestly, it's just a wonder how you manage to draw out such intense emotions and then play around with these light ones. You are a gem. I absolutely loved how simple yet entertain this OS was. I laughed through and eventually smiled at the end when Khushi finally confessed about her ''crush'' to her crush! πŸ˜† The best part was when she was caught by Arnav, she still pretended to be invisible and then he eventually made her admit that she was there. I am in love with your writing.

'' I think I might have itsy-bitsy crush on you. '
' my god khushi, you are in love with the guy!
Beautiful song. Indeed, the classics are heart-warming as ever. Thank you for posting this on a day like this when I needed smile!
N0306 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
That was one super cute OS..