The Fault In Our Stars.

-Infinity- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Well, I'm a kinda new to this forum and I wrote one topic here before and thanks for making a hot topic. Well that isn't what I'm talking. Have you ever read the book or ever heard of The Fault in our stars by John Green. This book is so amazing and you can relate to the characters and love the whole life long. The writing is mature and it is way to hilarious. Like Augustus Waters calling Hazel Grace , and Hazel telling "Just hazel". This book is raw, lovable, humorous, tragic. And you can re-read it like trillion times. Peter-van-houten can sometimes be your fav character and he will be for sure his sarcastic language and Augustus' lovely language makes you love the character all the way.
Anyways, its movie is been releasing June 6th 2014, and fans are awaited. John green can sometimes the Shakespeare,  haha. 😆
If you have read it , tell me your opinions about it?

Love, suma.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was an amazing book which I must confess I was quite skeptical about but when I finally finished it I was in love with it. Its quite easily among my favorite books right now.

I was very impressed how John Green managed to weave a story around a very depressing theme like Cancer and a love story between terminally ill teenagers but doesn't make it melodramatic or weepy (though it is moving), and actually infuses huge doses of sarcasm, wit and humour. And the best part is seeing things (and life) from these 2 kids' perspective actually makes us think of our own existence. So yeah this is a book that makes you laugh, cry and think. Even though it is bittersweet it didn't make me sad, instead it had me feeling hopeful somehow, especially the ending.

PS: And yeah, Peter Van Houten was a very interesting character 😆. Can't wait to see how he's portrayed by Wilhem Dafoe in the movie. 
Edited by zephyr29 - 10 years ago
-Infinity- thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

It was an amazing book which I must confess I was quite skeptical about but when I finally finished it I was in love with it. Its quite easily among my favorite books right now.

I was very impressed how John Green managed to weave a story around a very depressing theme like Cancer and a love story between terminally ill teenagers but doesn't make it melodramatic or weepy (though it is moving), and actually infuses huge doses of sarcasm, wit and humour. And the best part is seeing things (and life) from these 2 kids' perspective actually makes us think of our own existence. So yeah this is a book that makes you laugh, cry and think. Even though it is bittersweet it didn't make me sad, instead it had me feeling hopeful somehow, especially the ending.

PS: And yeah, Peter Van Houten was a very interesting character 😆. Can't wait to see how he's portrayed by Wilhem Dafoe in the movie. 

Who could not love Peter van houten and yes, such a depressing theme is portrayed in such a good way, that's what makes it so important. 
Its a book that could be ever remembered. 
xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Oooh sounds very interesting! Next on my list, I guess :D 
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The Fault in Our Stars is an ingenious piece of work! I finished reading it last summer in about a day. So, yes, I associate John Green's writing style with the kind of writing style that I am most likely to get hooked to. It's like one of those books you pick up and can't put down. The idea is to present the most complex and heartbreaking and eye-opening ideas in the simplest available words. John Green does that so damn well. And the characters he etches are always, every time, memorable. 
-Ronnie- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
downloading ebook!! :D
will buy it tomorrow!
-Infinity- thumbnail
@DUGGUlicious - why wait ? Add to the shelf jii.. you can love it forever. 
-Infinity- thumbnail

Originally posted by: epiphany.

The Fault in Our Stars is an ingenious piece of work! I finished reading it last summer in about a day. So, yes, I associate John Green's writing style with the kind of writing style that I am most likely to get hooked to. It's like one of those books you pick up and can't put down. The idea is to present the most complex and heartbreaking and eye-opening ideas in the simplest available words. John Green does that so damn well. And the characters he etches are always, every time, memorable. 

Well, it is a piece of art and love and humour. OMG! I did it, just this siwali I had to search it, like for, 100 bookstores, can you imagine? 100.  😡 Everyone can assiociate with his writing style, he is one and the best. I love him and adore his books, have you ever read his other books? If you have, tell me for sure, because I want to know them about it. I'm soo eager about his books, but my 9th grade doesn't let me read best books. 👎🏼 🤔
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Infinity-

Well, it is a piece of art and love and humour. OMG! I did it, just this siwali I had to search it, like for, 100 bookstores, can you imagine? 100.  😡 Everyone can assiociate with his writing style, he is one and the best. I love him and adore his books, have you ever read his other books? If you have, tell me for sure, because I want to know them about it. I'm soo eager about his books, but my 9th grade doesn't let me read best books. 👎🏼 🤔

9th grade is a brief introduction to hell. 11th grade unleashes the real wrath of hell and all its occupants. No kidding. Read as much as you can now and next year. Anyway, alright - John Green's debut books, 'Looking for Alaska' is a genuine masterpiece. I like it much more than this one, and I just explained to you how awesome this is. Then there is 'An Abundance of Katherines' that I read from him next, which was decent, not very good in my opinion but sure worth a read.

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: epiphany.

9th grade is a brief introduction to hell. 11th grade unleashes the real wrath of hell and all its occupants. No kidding. Read as much as you can now and next year. Anyway, alright - John Green's debut books, 'Looking for Alaska' is a genuine masterpiece. I like it much more than this one, and I just explained to you how awesome this is. Then there is 'An Abundance of Katherines' that I read from him next, which was decent, not very good in my opinion but sure worth a read.

@bold - Woah! Really 😲? I just got that book as a birthday gift, which I thought I'll just add to my TBR list but from your review looks like I have to start it, like, right now 😃!