TOI - I also have an Ego like Duryodhan - Arpit Ranka

lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/news/I-also-have-an-ego-like-Duryodhan-Arpit-Ranka/articleshow/25704446.cms?

I also have an ego like Duryodhan: Arpit Ranka

TNN | Nov 13, 2013, 04.33 PM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Siddharth Kumar Tewary|Mahabharat|Gladrags|Duryodhan|Arpit Ranka
I also have an ego like Duryodhan: Arpit Ranka
Duryodhan
Model turned actor Arpit Ranka who will be seen as Duryodhan in Siddarth Kumar Tewary's version of Mahabharat is quite excited with the magnum opus.

Arpit who has won the best body award in Gladrags few years back is also doing films down south. "After winning the best body title in Gladrags I did modeling and then did 10 Tamil and Telugu films. When I got the role of Duryodhan I was a little reluctant as I didn't want to do television at that point of time. But after meeting Siddharth Kumar Tewary and the creative team I got to know the grandeur of this show and was lucky to be selected for Duryodhan."

Arpit thinks Duryodhan is the most powerful character of Mahabharat feels that he has certain qualities of Duryodhan. "I think whatever Duryodhan has done he has a reason for that. Maybe I would have reacted the same way like Duryodhan. He is a wonderful friend and a very caring brother in the family. Like him I also have an ego. So I am enjoying a lot playing the character." Arpit who is very well built and has long hair is a perfect fit for the look of Duryodhan. "In the South film industry people are very particular about their physique and long hair so I don't have to do anything extra on my looks. I have done a lot of research on Duryodhan and went with the inputs from the creative team." Arpit is hopeful that his first venture on television is going to be a grand one.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 very handsome Duryodhan👍🏼good choice
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
O yes! Looking forward to see him.
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for liking everyone and you are all most welcome 😊
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i dont have a very high view about models who turn actors.Hope he proves me wrong