Mahabharata Written Update 15/11 Drona , Demons and Dedication!

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Mein aa gaiπŸ˜›
And I know am late...
But blame it on the makers,,,
I thought I was saved from watching the Eklavya thumb cutting ceremony!! But na!! The CVs love me so much!! That they showed me in the flashbacks!! And if it had been thursday, I would have had to watch it once!! But since I was saved from watching that...they penalized by making me watch the scene AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!😑

But the episode belongs to Drona...I am myself not a big fan of the character...but Kudos to Khanji!! He showed the inner demons and turmoils of Drona SO WELL!! The actor was class apart!!!

So we start from where we left, as Drona tells Eklavya to leave for Magadh...Eklavya burns all his weapons...😭 as Arjuna watches shocked!! And leaves...(Just look at the last parting look that Eklavya gives to Arjuna...the boy must have felt so sad...that the guru he so devoured, wont teach him, and this guy, Arjuna, was the reason and he would be getting all the education that Eklavya wanted!! That last look was heartbreaking!!!)
Eklavya's last look at Arjuna!

Drona looks at his students who are standing there...and gives them a look and they understand and leave him alone...he looks at his own statue that Eklavya had made...takes a stick and destroys that statue!! Then cries his heart out to the skies...as if tormented by his own deeds and demons!! (Above par excellence shown!! first time we see a humane side to the fiery and ambitious Drona!! It is ironinc...What Ashwathama had made him forget...Eklavya brought it out!!)
Drona's inner turmoil!

Arjun is sitting and having flashbacks of Eklavya cutting his thumb (Arr...I hate Cvs...do they have to torture me so much!! On the other hand, I liked Arjun's character portrayal of  being a sensitive person, he was named so because of his soft heart!! and today you could see on his face...he has shivers...the ones you get ...the kind of walking on the grave shivers..and it is this soft heart which we see in Kurukshetra!!) Just then Durri comes in and says that he has a gift and gives a gift wrapped severed thumb of Eklavya to Arjuna😑 (I toh absolutely hate you, CVs!! As if flashbacks were not enough, you show me this!!😑) 
Arjuna is revolted and gets angry...durri says that this is all thanks to you as Gurudev wanted to make YOU the best archer in the world, he took the sacrifice from Eklavya...ARjuna reprimands him for doubting Gurudev, but Durri taunts him for using innocent people as stepping stones for being the best Archer...He taunts him that had he been in Arjuna's place, he would have given up his weapons forever!!

The Guru shishya scene

This is a star scene...Arjuna asks what we are thinking...it is as if he is speaking on our behalf...and again Drona's expression...and the love and possessive expression that he has in the end for Arjuna...as if trying to will him from his eyes...this scene actually defines...why the Guru Shishya relation was so famous and adored!! How Arjuna became Drona's focal point and only hope!!

Arjuna gets riled up and goes to Drona who is in the weapon house...Drona looks at him and understands that he wants to ask something and tells him to do so...Arjuna said that doesnt he trust him??? why did he have to ask Eklavya for his thumb!! Arjuna could have worked hard to become the best, was it right to ask for such Guru Dakshina 

Drona says that it is a question of how much you trust your own Guru and that Guru Dakshina is Guru's prerogative!! and tries to leave but Arjuna asks that why to ask for such Dakshina which would tarnish your image!!!
Drona looks back ..(Just look at this expressions!! I loved this shot!!)
He tells Arjuna that I know ...people would blame me...Dhittu's son blame me for being partial...and not only him...the coming generations will also blame him (When he said it, I thought he was directly talking to me!! WE so blame him na??? )
He said that I was duty bound...Eklavya would have used my teachings for a state which is Hastinapur's enemy...
Arjuna asks that is education bound by State boundaries (Wah wah!! The boy is so perfectly defined...for him Vidya is above ANYTHING!!! Nothing can bound it!! ) 
Drona says that no..but the Guru who imparts the Education is...he feeds on the food given by Hastinapur...and that is why he is duty bound to protect his education and not impart his education to the enemies of his host state!!

Arjuna asks that what is the remedy to remove this blot!! Drona says that HE is the remedy!! Arjuna is the remedy!! He tells him...that Be so great that no Eklavya ...not even your Bhishma Pitamah can be called a greater Archer than you!! Be so great that nobody can doubt that you are the best!
(Kudos! Kudos to this scene!!! Wonderful..gives me goosebumps to write this!!!)

Durri realizes that his plan has failed so he makes a big drama of leaving the Gurukul and tells it so to Ashwathama and provokes him against Arjuna saying that because of him, your father is even side lining you!!
Ashwathama reaches his father and tells him that he needs to learn Brahmastra before Arjuna...and accuses of him being partial..Drona says that for Brahmastra one has to be eligible...and if this question has risen in Ashwi's mind then it means that he is staying with wrong people...but he will try to solve the questions in his as well his acquaintances' minds...he tells him to round up all the students and bring him near the river...

The students gather near the river where Drona is doing pooja standing in the middle of the river ...just then a crocodile comes and grabs him...Everyone is shocked and they scurry to hunt for weapons...(We should watch the little Kaurava beside Durri...he was actually giving such funny expressions!!)
Arjuna sees this and jumps into the river and pulls Drona out and gives two punches to the bechara crocieπŸ˜† (it was really funny...it was as if he was bashing the poor crocie!!πŸ˜†) and opens his mouth and puts a stick in between his jaws(where did he get that??πŸ˜•)
Drona looks at him proudly and then back to Ashwathama who is still trying to wad in the water...Ashwathama realizes what his father wanted to convey...Everybody is shocked πŸ˜† And then the crocie disappears...everybody is AGAIN shocked...both Guru shishya then smile at the audienceπŸ˜›

The adorable Guru Shishya with their adorable hair styles...Dont they look sweet with a kind of goofy smile on their faceπŸ˜†

Drona comes out and tells Durri that if he wants to leave Gurukul, he can leave..but to remember that a vessel can be filled according to its capacity...and if one wants to gain more,,then one should increase one's capacity!! and that capacity/eligibility is gained by total dedication!! (Why is Yudi holding on Sahadev's armπŸ˜•)
He goes and stands near ARjnua (I loved how this small gesture shocked and hurt Durri!! Guru standing side by side with Arjuna!!) Drona declares that Arjuna is the best student and hence he will be the best Archer!!
Durri looks at Arjuna with hatred and Ashwathama just watches it in shame...Drona leaves and Arjuna and Durri share a challenging eylock.Chhotu Arjuna gives a small gesture of neck to Durri as if telling him...see it is because of your stupidity that now I am officially declared the best student!! Ab bhugtoπŸ˜›
By the way...I never knew Arjuna was so hated by Durri...I thought it was always Bheema and Durri...but I love this silent Arjuna...who believes in doing rather than all talking!!!

Krishna gyaan...: Why do all the students who are studying under the same guru dont get the same gyaan...why?? because all students dont dedicate themselves equally...dedication is when you NEVER doubt your Guru...you become one mind with your Guru!! 

Precap: The Pandavas grown up!! (nahiii!! I adore this chhotus!!😭)

Edited by -Srushti- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Sorry for the late update and also sorry for not replying everyone last time...My PC is out...and is still sick...today is his last day of hospitalization and the doctor has officially said that he will be discharged todayπŸ˜†
Nandi..really sorry for not answering your last time...also to everyone!! 
Thanks for taking time to read and appreciate!!!

rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Srushti for the awesome update! Also bechare PC ko thoda rest lene doπŸ˜‰. We do understand that even they need time to relaxπŸ˜†. Edited by rimi10 - 10 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Thank you for the update :)
Thanks for the wonderful update and the pics πŸ€— 
Drona's action making some sense to me now . It  also gives an insight into  why Arjun was favourite of a lot of people like Drona, bheeshma, draupadi , Krishna ...
Tanmaya1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thank You for the Written Update
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thank you for the written update, i think after watching this episode and watching drona's inner termoil no one would be angry on drona and forgive this act of his. but, there are other more heinous acts commited by the dronaachaarya that are realy unforgiveble.
Moumimon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for WU dear...
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Loved your update and the episode was mindblowing.Loved the Guru - Shishya interaction an now understood why Arjun was Dronacharya's favourite student. Loved Arjun's silent unspoken words to Duryodhan. Dronacharya was par excellence when he cried his heart out and brought out his inner termoil.
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜ƒ  Thank You  πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  To Think Back, Dronaacharya Was Perfectlly Right In Guru Dakshina Incident, At That Point In Time. Probably He Did Anticipate The Impending War, Had A Insight Of Duryodhana's Mind πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ 

πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ  Going  πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ˜ƒ Good πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Manzz - 10 years ago