Manish (Veer) sets record....

maja thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Manish Raisinghania sets record by staying awake for six nights and seven days at a stretch

Aditi Jayakar Kane

With television actors collapsing every other day due to physical and mental exertion, Manish Singhania emerges as the new Superman. Manish, who is currently acting in Kahiin to Hoga and Tumhari Disha simultaneously has been working for seven days continuously, without a wink of sleep! Manish says, "Yeah, I shot for 12 hours on the sets of Kahiin To Hoga and then for another 12 hours in the night for Tumhari Disha. I shot continuously for 7 days then had about 6 hours of sleep. It is really a crazy schedule that I am following at the moment. I don't sleep between shots. But once I do, I don't get up easily."

But what about his health? "Earlier my eyes used to pain and I got tired, but now I'm used to it," he says. "I have a good diet and drink plenty of water. I think that is the secret of my health. The only problem that troubles me is the dark circles which have developed due to lack of sleep. Now, I have to wear make up to hide my dark circles, something I don't need otherwise!" Manish thanks his engineering days for this tremendous working capacity. "I was always a last minute student and invariably stayed awake for long hours before the exams," he says. Manish is practically living in his car as of now. "I have everything I need, put in my dickey. It's my new home. I have my perfume, my shoes, my clothes, my laptop, even my cricket bat! And I go to my vanity van to take my bath." And his hard work has not gone unnoticed. He says that the Balaji schedulers who are otherwise very reluctant to change the schedules have shifted their entire schedules for the night, so that he can take time out for Tumhari Disha. "It is so kind of them. Imagine all the actors, including women and children coming in the might just because I can't shoot during the day. I am honoured. Didn't he have any trouble convincing the actors to shoot at night? "Though some of actors were reluctant to cooperate, I have convinced them," adds Manish.

Till when are these crazy schedules going to continue? "It's getting a bit easier now since Tumhari Disha is going off air but I've been shooting for catalogs and ads, so it's still hectic. But I have no issues. I love Ekta's style of working round the clock and I enjoy my work to the hilt," he says.

So is he on his way to create a world record? "There are several people in Balaji who have broken my record already," he laughs. And his advice for the actors who faint or fall ill on the sets?  "Go to sleep," he says earnestly.

Source Mumbai mirror august 22, 2006 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Halz25 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Maya its not often we get hard workers on tv Good on u Manish 😉
I'm sure Shika will be proud of u 😆
~Nikki thumbnail
t4s wow thats awesome manish 👏Edited by ~Nikki - 17 years ago
harsy thumbnail
Thanks for the article yaar..... 😊
Tomiko thumbnail

Haila............I barely stay awake in school and this guy did it for seven days!😲

fsomani thumbnail
thanks for that article Maja 😃
iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WOW!! Even i couldn't stay up because i just kept thinking of Manish..... 😆 😆 😆
rashmi25 thumbnail
just out of curiousity... how old ru shikha... i think ur really cute... if Manish reads all that u write he will fall in love with u... but i will hate him for loving u...
but honestly ur very very cute...
iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awww..thanks..you seem sweet!! sorry but i don't give personal info around I-F. There are cookies. (cookies is like a virus or something..i forgot)

I hope to see ya later!!