Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Says the actress, "I am having great fun playing the character of Shraddha and it is heartening to see the audiences warm up to the show."

Kanchi who has previously done shows such as Maayka, Bhabhi and Ek Ladki Anjaani Si had taken a break from work during which she had also got married to fellow actor Shabbir Ahluwalia. "One of the main reasons for returning with Meri Bhabhi is that unlike other myriad regressive desi shows on TV, our show is progressive and depicts the positive traits in families."

Since the show is about the return of Shraddha to her parents' house after a failed marriage and her equation with her sister- in-law Kritika (Esha Kansara), we ask her how her relationship is with her real nanad. "It is great, and we get along like a house on fire. Generally speaking I think times have changed and today a woman can come back to her parents' house, if her marriage fails. This is very important. And if sadly such an evolution in family ties has not happened in certain quarters, I hope our show acts as a catalyst to speed up the same process."

Kanchi also does not feel that that a divorcee remarriage is a big thing in our society anymore. She also denies that the woman (bahu)in her parents' house, will have a problem if her brother (as in the case of Kritika in the story) falls in love with a divorced woman (Shraddha). "In today's progressive times one has to find the one they love, the right one!! Rest is all secondary!!" 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iamshanaya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Lovely interview 
Thanks for sharing 
sujana9 thumbnail