Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
  • 10 Nov 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi kavita.awaasthi@ hindustantimes. com

Five-month-old show to go off-air?

Kanwaljit Singh and Kanchi Kaul starrer likely to bid adieu to the tube owing to poor ratings

Sources claim that Meri Bhabhi (MB), which had hit the tube five months ago, is likely to go off-air. The show that stars popular actors like Kanwaljit Singh, Supriya Pilgaonkar and Kanchi Kaul was launched with a lot of buzz and was believed to have an intriguing storyline. It also marked Kanchi's comeback to television after a four years hiatus.

Kanchi Kaul and Esha Kansara

Explaining the reason for the speculated shut down, an insider says, "MB hasn't been able to perform well at the 8 pm slot and the ratings are low. The channel used to give tough competition to rival shows when Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon was on-air. Later, Kaali " Ek Punaravatar failed to perform, while MasterChef did decently. But, MB hasn't been able to take the slot further in terms of the ratings. So, it might go off-air in a month." Talking about the show that would replace MB, the source says, "The talks are still on and there is a lot of speculation about the show that would take the place of MB. It can either be Ye Hai Mohabbatein that is based on the novel " Custody, or it can be Daag that stars Vatsal Seth."

However, the producer of the show, Deeya Singh, denies the speculation saying, "The news is untrue. The channel and we believe in the show."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NaijaLuv88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜Š 
kbn1999 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Tfs. I feel it shouldn't end. Edited by StunningSanz - 10 years ago
Ireena7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I don't want this show to come an end so soon ๐Ÿ˜ญ
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
Wow, Somehow I always knew it, SP always kills the show I watch.
sujana9 thumbnail
Tfs. I feel it shouldn't end.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Tfs.
Hope this news is not true :(
If all its ending ... then CVs .. pls giv happy ending to Kunal Shradha .. & Anand Kittu .. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Duggukede thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
we have to save it from ending 
Ijaza thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No way guys,it's such a cute different family loving story.why do gud show go off air. Sathi ni ba or sumthing then yeh ristha kya al those old shows.tis is absert.
Ijaza thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Duggukede

we have to save it from ending

But how??