Mauli Ganguly's food and fitness formula

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

F Factor

Mauli Ganguly's food and fitness formula

The small screen's most in-demand star Mauli Ganguly, believes that regular exercise is very important. It is good to be healthy and energetic to keep going everyday. The almond-eyed Mauli shares her views on food and fitness with ShaadiTimes.

I avoid carbs
When I think of food I think differently. It all depends on my mood. If I am shooting I feel it is necessary and very helpful. But when I am at home, food means extra calories.

For breakfast I have a glass of milk, cornflakes and some fruits. Lunch is simple, chapati , dal  and sabji . I always carry home cooked food whenever I am shooting. I prefer vegetarian food.

I have an early dinner by 8.30 in the evening and avoid carbohydrates.

I love sweets
I love eating Bengali sweets, chocolate mousse and kulfi.

I cannot cook
I don't know to cook. In fact I am not very fond of cooking. After I finished my final year, there was nothing much to do and hence did my hotel management for 7 months. We had to learn to cook non-veg and I don't like non-veg so I quit the course.

I love biryani
Legacy of China,Urban Tadka are my favourite eating joints. I like to eat Chinese and Indian food, specially biryani.

I exercise regularly
Regular exercise is very important. Since I am always busy shooting and do not have particular time to go to the gym, I have a trainer who comes home regularly. I do all sorts of exercises, meditation and yoga.

I take special care of myself
I am in a profession where I have to take special care of my skin, my body, and myself. Due to time constraints I cannot go to the parlour regularly. I therefore buy good skin products particularly for my face. I do my clean-ups regularly. Once in a while, I believe in going to a doctor's clinic instead of visiting the beauty parlours.

My word
Enjoy life. Eat well. You look like what you eat, so be careful. Not everybody is good with metabolism so eat right. It is good to be healthy because when you are healthy you have lots of energy, and you need energy to work, so it's a cycle.

A candle light dinner for me
I haven't found my man yet. But yes, whenever I find him, I would like to have a romantic candle light dinner with my man.