Mohit and Dolly Sohi's onscreen mum/mum-in-law connection

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello people!

Long time no see. I hope you are all well. 

I haven't been online much the past week or so, so I hadn't read any articles about Dolly Sohi entering DKDM but as soon as I saw her in yesterday's (16th October 2013) episode, I burst out laughing at yet another Mohit connection! (I'm weird, I know. I can't help it.) πŸ˜ƒ

Dolly is playing the role of Mahalsa's (Parvati's avtaar) mother in DKDM. Once Parvati/Mahalsa and Mahadev/his avtaar marry again, Dolly's character will become Mahadev's mother-in-law. (And Dolly ends up becoming the fourth actress to play Mohit's mother-in-law in DKDM [fifth if you count Mugda Shah, the first Menavati actress who left the show long before Parvati and Mahadev's wedding]). 

I'm sure many of you already know this, but for those who don't: Dolly and Mohit acted together in the StarPlus show Bhabhi, which was one of Mohit's first shows (along with Vishaal Kotian, who played Hanuman in DKDM. You can read about the Vishaal-Mohit-Hanuman connections here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3706827). Dolly's character was Mohit's character's (Shubham) long-lost mother, and she was also the stepmother of Shubham's wife Alpa (played by Pariva Pranati).

Here is an episode of Bhabhi featuring them both, long before their characters know that they are actually mother and son, and before Shubham and Alpa are married. In this episode, Shubham is trying to help his friend's girlfriend Suhana (who happens to be Alpa's sister but he doesn't know that until after he is in their house) and comes to their house pretending to be an electrician. The first time he and his mum see each other is at ~10:20 and there are some really cute moments between them afterwards throughout the rest of the video. 
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gDl8pm5Kck[/YOUTUBE]

So in Bhabhi, where I believe Shubham-Alpa's weddng was probably Mohit's first oncreen wedding, Dolly played both Mohit's mother and his stepmother-in-law. And now she will be playing his latest (fourth) mother-in-law character in DKDM, after his sixth wedding in DKDM itself and what will probably be about the 11th onscreen wedding of his career! Awesome! πŸ˜† πŸ€£

Here is a Dolly-Mohit story I found that you might like, which in my mind has a funny DKDM connection itself. Do you guys remember Jalandhar's fast reflex action in moving his head away quickly when Parshuram attacked him with his axe? Here is, in my opinion, the story of how Mohit developed the ability to move his head out of the way of attack really quickly. I did not make this up at all! πŸ˜Š

This is from an article/interview with Dolly from October 2005, which I found in the Bhabhi forum:

"Recently, I was required to slap my on-screen son Mohit (Shubham). Since Shubham is very tall and I am very short, we thought we would rehearse the scene, but save the 'slap' for the final take. I forewarned Shubham to move his face away just before the slap lands on his face.

He was slow to react and got the full sting of the slap. By the time we took the second take, he didn't want a repeat of the solid Punjabi thappad and moved away in time! 

So there you have it - everything we go through is a learning experience, and for Mohit it came as handy preparation for a role that would come to him 8 years in the future! ! πŸ˜ƒ From Shubham to Jalandhar - a journey of 8 years in one swift head movement! πŸ˜†

Hehe, so it looks like Dolly inadvertently/unknowingly had a role in DKDM Jalandhar's reflexes and now she herself is in DKDM! I will laugh so much if they have some kind of slap scene involving Mohit and Dolly! It must be nice for them to reminisce about their Bhabhi days now that they are working together again after so many years with another mother/son-type character relationship. I wonder if they remember this slap incident! πŸ˜‰

Connections, connections everywhere - thank you DKDM! πŸ‘
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago
Artiii...

u r back with a bang..!!!
OMG Aarti you should work for CBI or FBI may be ;-) im hesitant to use IF from my mob but immediately after saw your post I had to hit my tiny mob keypad :-P yet another fab research work of long lost connections hope you dont mind if I share this with my twitter friends :-DEdited by hemaDaganKhian - 10 years ago
Originally posted by hemaDaganKhian

OMG Aarti you should work for CBI or FBI may be ;-) im hesitant to use IF from my mob but immediately after saw your post I had to hit my tiny mob keypad :-P yet another fab research work of long lost connections hope you dont mind if I share this with my twitter friends :-D

LOL i jst shared the link on T bt individuallyπŸ˜ƒ
too good post aarti thanks for sharing πŸ˜ƒ