TOI: Miss India Finalist makes her TV Debut - Kajal Jain

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Miss India finalist makes her TV debut

Miss India finalist makes her TV debut

Miss India 2008 finalist Kajal Jain is all set to make her debut on the small screen asYashodhara in the TV show 'Buddha'. At a press conference held in the capital, she said, "I am playing Prince Siddhartha's ( Buddha) wife in the show. It is a great thing for me to be playing this character, which was an integral part of Buddha's life." 

Jain was selected after an audition a few weeks ago and since then, she has been busy researching her character. "I am connected withBuddhism as I have read a lot of stories since childhood. Also, ever since I have bagged the role, I am trying to do more research and read up on my character," she revealed. 

The model turned-actress, who hails from Gwalior, has earlier worked in Punjabi films and has done TV commercials with actors like Hrithik Roshan and Shahid Kapur. "The Miss India contest was quite helpful for me as it raised my confidence. It was a wonderful experience participating in a contest which has seen the likes of Aishwarya Rai andSushmita Sen making it to the top," she told us. 

It was after this contest that she also represented India at the Top Model of the World contest held in 2008 in Germany, where she made it to the Top 15. However, she now has her eyes firmly set onBollywood. "I am looking forward to working in the film industry. After this show, my priority will be to try my luck in Bollywood," she said. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anusha-B thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
She is beautiful. Good choice for the role of Yashodra.