VirMan OS: Words Will Just Be Words

.LiveLaughLove. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Dedicated to Zainab (beauty14)

VirMan OS: Words Will Just Be Words

I rolled my eyes as Virat laughed again.  His laugh was so irritating.  EVERYTHING he did was irritating to me.  He was just an immature, loud, weird person.  I liked order and sense.  Like Avinash.

Avinash was my best friend.   I was shy when I first met him; I stood in the back of a screaming crowd of girls, wanting to be seen, disappointed I wasn't, but really just happy to be seeing them: One Direction. My favorite band of all time.

And then Virat saw me.

I know. VIRAT.

The girls were screaming hysterically.  Some were crying.  All were pushing closer to see the boys they were sure they were in love with.

I knew I wasn't in love with them.  How could I be?  I didn't know them.  I never really WOULD know them.  They were distant.

And yet, they were just beyond my reach. Literally.  If I could only stretch a little further, I'd probably be able to touch them.

But I couldn't.  And it was okay.  I was just happy to be there, seeing them in person.

And just as they were walking away, forever out of my life, Virat turned around.  Our eyes met.  My stomach did a backflip at those baby blue eyes.  He nudged Avinash and pointed at me, the shy fan hanging out in the back of the crowd.  Avi smiled at Virat as they got the others boys attention.

They walked toward me.  All five of them.

The rest is history.  I've been friends with them ever since.

Except Virat.

It seemed that the more I got to know the boys, the more I loved them.  But, for some reason or another, Virat and I never clicked.  He was immature and loud.  I was sensible and quiet.  He was outgoing and annoying.  I was shy and solitary.  We were never on the same page.  I would have been okay with that if Virat would just leave me alone.  But he didn't.  He couldn't stand it that I tried to.

~~~

"Why is SHE coming with us?" Virat sneered when I got in the car.  I ignored him like he wasn't there; I found out that it was usually the easiest solution.

"Because Mannu is our friend," Avi said firmly.  "We like her.  The least you can do is tolerate her and play nice."

"But it's MY birthday!" Virat whined.  "It's MY favorite restaurant!  It's MY -"

"Virat!"  Armaan groaned.  "Shut up!"
(don't dare to imagine Armaan Kohli! Its my KSG from DMG <3)
Virat was always the baby of the group.  The annoying, whiney, stupid baby.  I slouched lower in my seat, not liking being argued over.  I liked keeping a low profile, which was hard to do when Virat kept shooting me dirty looks.

We pulled in to Nando's and got out of the car.  Virat practically ran for the entrance.  "Finally!" he cried.  "I'm starving!"

"When are you not?" I grumbled.  That was another thing I hated about Virat.  He ate like a hog.

Avinash chuckled and looped his arm through mine.  "Cheer up!" he said brightly.  "It's the kid's birthday.  Let him have this one day -"

"But he's ALWAYS like this!" I complained.  "He's so selfish."

"Manvi," Avi said after a long silence, holding open the door for me, "maybe you should give him a chance."

"He never gave me one," I grumbled, but I said no more.

We sat down, Virat impatiently pounding his fist on the table.  "Oi!" he called, making the other boys laugh.  "Food!"

I rolled my eyes. Avi saw me and smiled, placing a hand over mine.  Virat saw us and immediately stopped what he was doing.  He looked at our hands almost uncomprehendingly before meeting my eyes.  His childish baby blues were wide with confusion and...hurt?  I couldn't tell.  Blushing, I pulled my hand away from Avi's.

Virat was strangely quiet for a long time, even when we got our food.  He kept glancing over at me, but looked away quickly when he saw me staring right back at him.  What was going on?  Why did Virat suddenly care what I was doing?  Why did I suddenly care what Virat was doing?

Suddenly, Virat dropped his barely touched food on his plate and announced, "I don't feel so good.  I'm going to the car."  The other boys tried to see what was wrong, but Virat ignored them.  He gave me one hopeful glance before he left Nando's.

I sat there for a moment longer.  It took me barely a millisecond to consider.  "I'll go check on him," I blurted out, jumping out of my seat and following him to the door.  I saw Avi hiding a smile.

I walked outside and saw Virat leaning up against the wall.

"I didn't actually think you'd come out," Virat admitted, smirking a bit.  I crossed my arms.

"I'm not quite sure why I did," I replied coolly, glaring at him.  "Don't make me regret it."

Virat shrugged.  "Fair enough, I guess."  Then his brow furrowed and he looked genuinely distressed again.  He shuffled his feet before mumbling, "So...are you and Avi dating or something?"

I let my arms drop to my sides, not really sure I had heard him correctly.  "What?"

"Well, I mean, it would make sense," Virat said, blushing slightly.  He still wouldn't look at me.  "I kinda suspected it for a while...I mean, you two are really alike...your both smart...he was the first to talk to you...you both -"

"Virat, Avi and I aren't dating," I assured him, very confused.  "Why do you care anyway?"

Virat's face flooded with relief, but he tried to hide it by leaning back up against the wall.  He STILL wouldn't look at me.

"Well...it's a long story...you wouldn't care..."

"I care enough to ask, right?"  Virat laughed once.

"You really want to know?"

"Try me."

Virat finally looked me in the eyes.  His eyes were so bright and so determined.  For the first time since I met him, my stomach backflipped like the first time he looked at me.

"Manvi, I...I like you," he admitted.  "I've always REALLY liked you.  But you always ignored me.  So I tried everything to get your attention.  It never worked.  But I never gave up.  I couldn't.  I wanted you more than anything.  From the first moment I saw you, you were so beautiful, so sincere, so honest and sweet...But, when I saw you holding hands with Avinash..."

I froze, totally surprised by everything he was saying.  Virat liked me?  Virat Vadhera?  But...he hated me...

I didn't even realize that I had moved closer to Virat with everything he confessed.  My heart was pounding in my throat.

"But...you were always so mean and rude to me!" I protested weakly.  Virat chuckled.

"Because that's how I am!" he explained.  "But, those were just words, Manvi!  The truth is..."

But instead of finishing his sentence, he wrapped his hands around my waist and hug me so tightly, enough to break my bones!

I felt my arms wrap tightly around his neck, wanting to get closer to Virat.  He held me close to him, his arms tight around my waist like he would never let me go.  I think we were both afraid that if we opened our eyes or let go of each other for a second, we would wake up.

But we had to.  The cheering and raucaus got way too loud.

We both turned to see the other boys staring at us from a window.  They all gave us cheesy smiles and thumbs up signs.  Virat looked at me and we both laughed.

"You should laugh more," he murmured.  "It's beautiful."

"I guess I will be now," I giggled, kissing his nose.  He smiled and blushed a little.

"So...are you and I dating or something?" he asked, furrowing his brow again in mock concern.  I laughed and nodded, not actually believing this was happening, but thrilled that it was. Virat smiled his goofy, childish, and suddenly beautiful smile.  "Best birthday present ever," he whispered as he leaned in for a kiss.

Thanks for reading! Please hit the 'like' button if u appreciate my work... Drop ur precious and long comment, please! They mean a lot to me. They encourage me to write more!
Love you guys! 
Take care! x  
Edited by .LiveLaughLove. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TeriKhamoshiyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
RES!!!
Officially my spot!🤣

And awww! Just saw on top! Thanks Jen for dedicating the os to me! 🤗
Edited by beauty14 - 10 years ago
FlowerHater thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
wow its 1st time am reading your work and trust me this was really beautiful!!! loved it!!!
Vaarya53 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
BINGO!!! superawesome man!! I'm crazy about your ideas and your writing skills! it was so damn amazing ...you better keep giving us treats like that!! it was splendid ..i can never get over with ur stories. i can read them again and again over a hundred times believe me!!! ur truly amazing!! kudos to u!
nrithyao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

superb os

virman were so sweet

loved virat a lot - the way he was trying to gain maanvi's attention

loved his confession

please do write more such stories

they are amazing

...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hahaha cute OS! Nice job with the characters.. 😊 The idea of a blushing Virat was adorable. 😆
-Maham.
aysha1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Loved it... Do write more on them please... I would love to read 😃
roshreb thumbnail
awesome os..virat did all that just to gain her attention...amazing ...keep writing!!❤️
shaalivirman thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
lol...😆
a small short and sweet...& a luvly os...⭐️
tats relly fab...👏
i liked it a lot...❤️
do write a lot of os👍🏼
i like ur way of writing and ur language...😃
and the best b'day present ever...ahaaannn...u shld not have stopped ter...😛🤣
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
loved the os very cute and finally both confessed their real feeling awesome thanks for the pm