What we see is reality a reality !!

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi friends,
What we see these days on TV is there any reality in any way either in serials or movies .. 
What we see in daily soaps it's so unreal.. If not then why do we see them with so much interest..
Please do tell us what is all this... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sneh-Jiwan

Hi friends,

What we see these days on TV is there any reality in any way either in serials or movies .. 
What we see in daily soaps it's so unreal.. If not then why do we see them with so much interest..
Please do tell us what is all this... 

Ah I do not like to watch soaps. Find them too boring.
I love to watch sports and also singing or dancing competitions.
My favourite is The Voice, X Factor, Americal Idol, So you think you can Dance.
ONce in a while I may watch certain movies

Many watch soaps etc not for the story but because they like a certain actor or actress. But some are fully engrossed in them and start scolding the villain too.
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sneh, Your question is a good one and is important also. I will answer more in detail later. But can you answer one question I have? Whether it is reality or not what we see in serials, don't you feel they are entertaining to you or at least don't you feel relaxed watching them? Can you say why do you feel they are entertaining to you? What is your point of view on the hero, heroine and the villain you see in the serials?
-FreeSpirit- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Very interesting topic... What I think is that whatever show we watch we get involved in it, sometimes what ppl want is to escape from reality and the show does that...if the show is exciting the storyline and the acting is good u do get lost in it for 1hr... The show creates a lot of emotions in u if it is comedy u laugh along, if romance u start blushing and feel happy for the onscreen couple. Watching movies is a great source of entertainment for many ppl, it's also a great comversation starter sitting with a couple of strangers u can discuss movies and tv shows easily. After all it all depends on the individual whether they want to see the sort of unreal world of shows and movies
I hope hve not offended anyone just wanted to express my views😊
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Desigirl_21

Very interesting topic... What I think is that whatever show we watch we get involved in it, sometimes what ppl want is to escape from reality and the show does that...if the show is exciting the storyline and the acting is good u do get lost in it for 1hr... The show creates a lot of emotions in u if it is comedy u laugh along, if romance u start blushing and feel happy for the onscreen couple. Watching movies is a great source of entertainment for many ppl, it's also a great comversation starter sitting with a couple of strangers u can discuss movies and tv shows easily. After all it all depends on the individual whether they want to see the sort of unreal world of shows and movies

I hope hve not offended anyone just wanted to express my views😊

Very true... I love to watch good entertaining programs like Nandini... Sanskar darohar Apnoki... Maharana Pratap... Veera and some others.. Bigg Boss KBC and so on... But in reality sometimes some soaps are beyond even imaginations... Maybe good to watch but no real life stories...😉
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: maha2us

Sneh, Your question is a good one and is important also. I will answer more in detail later. But can you answer one question I have? Whether it is reality or not what we see in serials, don't you feel they are entertaining to you or at least don't you feel relaxed watching them? Can you say why do you feel they are entertaining to you? What is your point of view on the hero, heroine and the villain you see in the serials?

To be honest we watch so many soaps and serial everyday... Yes very good to watch on tv to spend our precious time.. Watching them... But in reality they are far far beyond anyone's imaginations... Yes heros heroines and villains all good in whatever they do... Love your views...now let's hear them too...
maha2us thumbnail
Sneh, Thanks for expressing your views.
I will tell my point of view now. Why is the hero of a serial or a film admired? Of course we could say he is heroic. But one thing we could find is whatever way people blame him or ridicule him and more importantly one thing we see always is in the beginning the heroine normally scorns him and ridicules him. That is the case especially when the heroine is a rich girl and the hero is the poor man. Yet what we see in the hero is, he never blames himself or ridicules himself. He always accepts himself, loves himself, values himself and trusts himself. And when a person is this way, he is always a winner. And so naturally his love prevails.

In Ramayana, Hanuman knew that he had to talk to Sita in Lanka to give her assurance that her husband will do the needful to take her back. And so he began talking to her. But she viewed him with suspicion. How did Hanuman react? he didn't lose his cool. He still trusted himself and valued himself and accepted himself and talked more from that position. and eventually he won her trust. That is the way of the hero which we see even today.

Even though we think, the way hero behaves is far from reality, can we not accept that we all love the hero because he trusts, loves, values, cares and understands himself always and for these reasons we admire him. Why can't we practice in our life to become more trusting, loving and valuing ourselves? This was how Arjuna was always and we see the same type of hero even today.    
maha2us thumbnail
Let us look at another point. One thing which we definitely see in serials and films is, there is good love between the hero and the heroine. One truth about the human beings is the happiest moment anyone has when he/she is feeling loved. Definitely I will say, I will definitely feel joyed when I see someone loves me unconditionally and cares for me. Isn't it the case of every man and woman? And definitely everyone will have his/her dream girlfriend/boyfriend. And I know that there is a lot of disappointment of not getting the love and in order to relieve that sensation people watch the serials and movies.
But how one can give and get this type of love is itself a big topic and it can only be practiced.
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Maha2us I read your views but in the end of the day.. Still What I see in the serials is so rediculas... The marriage is to be performed the ex lover or partner turns up exact on that time... The inlaws are so harsh and sometimes the other family members or even far distance relatives are so rude or so insulting behaviour that it is beyond anyone imagination to what the poor new bahu or the new sasu Maa going to do next...if these things happen in anyone life of the household people will commit suicide everyday..At least some reality should be shown... Let's be fair to the audience ... 
maha2us thumbnail
What you say is really true, Sneh. They do show cruel MILs who are really very cruel to their DILs. Some of the things they show are really exaggerations. Still the question which comes here is why the shows are fascinating when at times they are far from reality and that is where I concentrated on answering. 
I will give another example here. In a film, they showed a car mechanic talking all sorts of lies to a young woman who is a successful business owner. She tells him that she is a reporter changing her name. That car mechanic tells so much about how much that lady business owner was drawn to him. He talks a lot of lies to her. Yet she wouldn't tell him to shut up. On the other hand she was drawn to him. How did this happen? That man was having high self-esteem and he never would underestimate himself and he always had high opinion about himself. Any woman would be drawn to such type of man.   
Edited by maha2us - 10 years ago