Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Tweet

Shraddha Kapoor opts out of one Shahid Kapoor-starrer to do another

Home > Entertainment > Report
Shraddha Kapoor opts out of one Shahid Kapoor-starrer to do another
Thursday, Oct 3, 2013, 9:00 IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
Subhash K Jha

Shraddha Kapoor is going places. And so rapidly that she seems to be getting her feet tangled at times.

After saying yes to Tigmanshu Dhulia's Milan Talkies with Shahid Kapoor, the sassy actress has decided to do another film " Vishal Bhardwaj's Kashmir-centric adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet entitled Haider with Shahid.

Says a source close to the project, "Shraddha was finalised for Milan Talkies with Shahid Kapoor after Priyanka Chopra was no more in the film. But then when Vishal Bhardwaj offered her Haider with Shahid, she was too tempted to resist. And since doing two back-to-back films with Shahid did not seem like a good idea, she opted out of Tigmasnhu's film leaving it heroine-less for the second time in six months."

Tigmanshu admits Shraddha is no more a part of Milan Talkies. However, he doesn't attribute her non-availability for his project to Haider alone. "The reason we decided not to work together in Milan Talkies was an inhouse one. She is already doing another film with Mohit Suri entitled Villain for my film's producer Balaji. It was impossible for her to accommodate two Balaji projects in her schedule within one year," he said.

Tigmanshu will now cast a new heroine opposite Shahid. "New female faces always work in love stories. Besides the film industry is suffering a serious heroines crisis. We need at least five new saleable heroines," adds the director.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AbhiLovesShreya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Ek hi baat hei. par dono movie Zabardast hogi lagta hei.
Haeyeol thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well she had too..if both were offered to her.. 
the producer would want newer couple
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Was there a substantial role in Hamlet for the female lead/Hamlet's love interest? The important characters that I remember from the story (which I read really long back) are Hamlet, father's ghost, evil uncle and mother.
shahid..dukh ke din ayore bhayo... 😆 even Shradhdha ji left the film...
TheJake thumbnail
^To do an other with him. So don't know what differ it makes ...

But the problem is I doubt he is doing the film ... He hasn't confirmed it ... He only confirmed Haider.

This movie seems jinxed. Hope Shahid ain't doing it either ... But then again ... He likes this director so...
TheJake thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikitagmc

Was there a substantial role in Hamlet for the female lead/Hamlet's love interest? The important characters that I remember from the story (which I read really long back) are Hamlet, father's ghost, evil uncle and mother.

Yep. She spied on Hamlet.
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
^Tfs anotheeer Movie for Shahid Wauw he promised his fan 3 Movies now it is getting 4 Maybee how about the Movie is it goood stooory??/
TheJake thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Siham.

^Tfs anotheeer Movie for Shahid Wauw he promised his fan 3 Movies now it is getting 4 Maybee how about the Movie is it goood stooory??/

Hamlet? Of course. 😆

Depends on if Vishal can pull it off - direction/story wise.

MereMahiyaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheJake

Hamlet? Of course. 😆

Depends on if Vishal can pull it off - direction/story wise.

Loool Oooh thought anotheeer oneee ðŸ˜†