Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

juggyE thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Qwest

Jaya very well said.!!!!!!

Same happened with Amartya Sen as well, correct?
juggyE thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

Frankly I don't care for these governmental honors anyway - the fact that Rafi saab didn't get a Padma Bhushan or Bharat Ratna doesn't change the fact that he's a legend.

Ustad Bismillah Khan got a Bharat Ratna, but the dear old man still lives in poverty and most of today's generation barely knows him.

Can anyone tell me the name of 10 people who received the Bharat Ratna (without googling it)?

Very well said, Shady bhai...

Edited by juggyE - 17 years ago
juggyE thumbnail

Thanks for sharing your opinion, B & B ji. I really look forward to your positive comments in every thread...
Edited by juggyE - 17 years ago
juggyE thumbnail
Qwest ji,

Lets not forget that Rafi saaheb is still in the hearts of more than a billion fans - from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, from Gujrat to Assam, from Surinam to South Africa, from West Indies to Fiji. This counts a lot more than an award that's now given based on lobbying and politics.

Those who have left India and relocated to other countries are strangely given this award. But our own people who've lived and died in India and are loved and revered by the "aam junta" are forgotten.

If it were up to me, he would have been honored in a better way by the Indian government. But then, the legacy that he has left goes up and beyond these awards...Edited by juggyE - 17 years ago
Sur_Sangam thumbnail
I think Mohamad Rafi is the most revered singer in Indian subcontinent and outside because of his singing and personality.He still rules the hearts of millions of people all over the world.I feel that is the highest award for any body.
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Qwest

'India did not give Mohammed Rafi his due'

I think this statement is 100% correct. Here "India" does not mean the people of India, but the government of India.  Rafi saab is the GOD of Hindi Film Music, and its a shame that the geniasses who make these decisions did not realise the contribution of Md. Rafi till now. 

Edited by apparaohoare - 17 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: apparaohoare

its a shame that the geniasses who make these decisions did not realise the contribution of Md. Rafi till now. 

These ** ahem ahem** 😆😆  people have missed so many greats, Rafi Saab is not their only casualty.

List of Awardees of Padma Shree till date

This gives an idea of their complete myiopic view when it comes to awardees.

apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

These ** ahem ahem** 😆😆  people have missed so many greats, Rafi Saab is not their only casualty.

List of Awardees of Padma Shree till date

This gives an idea of their complete myiopic view when it comes to awardees.

I know.  But Rajiv Gandhi recieved the Bharat Ratna, and someday Sonia will recieve it too.  But the govt. did not feel that Netaji, Bhagat Singh, and many more deserved it.

chatbuster thumbnail

i think great people like Rafi deserve all the awards while they are alive. it should not be necessary for them to first die before they can be honored or immortalized "in the hearts of their fans".

sort of ironical to find a cavalier attitude here. chalo, maybe some of the great musicians who are struggling to make two ends meet today will find immortality later. lot of good it'll do them when they're dead.

ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
for once i am at loss for words...kya kahoon..i think the statement has a slight political tinge...makes me a bit uncomfortable...koi farak nahin padhta.. padma sri,or bhushan or any awards....we are so lucky he was from our country india and has given us all indians so many many moments of sheer joy.....