Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I wont apologise for my film making it to Oscars: Sonali Kulkarni

TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

I won't apologise for my film making it to Oscars: Sonali Kulkarni

I won't apologise for my film making it to Oscars: Sonali Kulkarni
Sonali Kulkarni
Sonali Kulkarni is the happiest gal these days! With her bilingual film on Dr Prakash Amteready for release and her theatre production White Lily Aani Night Rider making waves on the theatre horizon, she has nothing to complain about. And the cherry on the cake is that her Gujarati film The Good Road has become India's official entry for the Oscar Awards.

Ask her if all the criticism heaped on her film on twitter and face book, vis-a-vis Anurag Kashyap's film The Lunchbox, has rattled her somewhat, and she says in her cool-as-a-cucumber tone: "Not at all! Immediately after the announcement of our film being the Oscar entry, Karan Johar and Anurag had tweeted that they were very disappointed. And I feel their disappointment is fair! After all, they know they have made a good product and they are standing by it! And they have every right to do that! But then, I have also been disappointed many times in my life when I didn't get a National Award even though I had given sterling performances in films like Devrai, Deool and Daayra. At that time there we didn't have social networking sites. So, I couldn't voice my disappointment! So, I would take people's comments sportingly! But, I'm certainly not going to apologise for my film making it to the Oscars!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

M.F.E.O thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
THANK for sharing it through article that she is still doing movie, otherwise i thought she has disappeared from bollywood and settled down.. Edited by .awesomeness. - 10 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Absolutely...None of those two douchebags deserve an apology for anything...but I will accept KJo's apology for making SOTY...
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Absolutely...None of those two douchebags deserve an apology for anything...but I will accept KJo's apology for making SOTY...

Hey I loved student of the year 😭 😭

Right up there with breakfast club , lion king and wake up Sid as coming of age movies 😉

Anyway I do agree KJO is acting stupid and kashyap is just a Indy-riffic filmmaker no one really cares for kashyap Edited by VictorLordJr - 10 years ago
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Classy reaction 👏 
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She was in DCH nah with Saif?
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Exactly!  Why should she apologize for her success?  Good for her for taking it all in stride!  👏
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: DAKDAK

She was in DCH nah with Saif?

she played hrithik's mom in her 1st film then she did DCH
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Good for her! There's no need to apologize! Let the haters hate!
Raisins thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .awesomeness.

THANK for sharing it through article that she is still doing movie, otherwise i thought she has disappeared from bollywood and settled down..

She was/is/always will be a well-known name in Marathi cinema. There's lots more creative stuff happening outside the world of bollywood