Myrah is junior Ram Kapoor! " Vinti Idnani

IM__NB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Interview in The Telly Times

"Myrah is junior Ram Kapoor!" - Vinti Idnani

The very bubbly, funny and talkative Vinti Idnani,who is currently playing the role of Ram Kapoor's daughter Myrah' in Sony TV's Bade Ache Lagte Hai', gets candid with urlremoved about her experience on the show, and lots more!

Tell us about yourself?

I am a very friendly, fun-loving, funny and crazy person, who loves to do mad things to entertain people!

How did you get into the career of acting?

I used to watch this TV show called Son Pari' as a kid and that show was the factor that motivated me to become an actor! As a child, I always felt that if I become an actor, Son Pari will come into my life too, and I did try and give 1 or 2 basic auditions as a kid but got scared and came back, and now finally after so many years, here I am! I'm sure this does sound funny, but it's true, and then I also became a dancer through which D3 came to me, as I guess they just saw good potential in and me and took me on board. D3 gave me a platform and it is because of that show that I am, where I am today! Also, through the course of D3 I realized that I love being in front of the camera, playing with expressions and getting my dialogues right , and so besides being a dancer, I totally got into the feel of being an actor too!

Post D3, how did the offer of Bade Ache Lagte Hai come to you?

Post D3, I happened to give around 2-3 auditions at Balaji, but nothing really seemed to work out and I had kind of given up, when on the day Bade Ache Lagte Hai's' promo was to be shot, someone from the Balaji team just give me a call at 2 in the afternoon to say that they had a look at one of my audition's and I had been selected to play the role of Myrah' on the show and so I should be in there at 3:30 pm for the shoot! I was shocked, but really thankful that I had given that audition and now got selected for the show!!

Tell us a bit about your character Myrah?

Myrah is junior Ram Kapoor! She is a very business oriented and focused girl, who is all set to enter her dad's venture to start working with him! Myrah doesn't believe in all this girly dressing up stuff, but likes to use her time in figuring out what she can do productively. She is just like her dad!

Your D3 character Vishaka was very different from the current character of Myrah you play in Bade Ache Lagte Hai , so how does this change feel?

Oh yes there are some major differences between the two characters and the biggest and most awkward change for me is, that Myrah cannot dance and Vishaka was a brilliant dancer, and since I am a actually a dancer, it felt really weird when Myrah had to say that she can't dance!! Besides that the few similarities present are that Myrah too is a tomboy like how Vishaka was in D3, but a more sophisticated version I would say, as she does wear boyish clothes but tight shorts and a lose top is her style, whereas Vishaka also did wear boyish clothes, but the total bindaas type ones! So, Myrah isn't bindaas like Vishaka but is cool in her own way, and the change kind of feels nice now.

What has your experience been like on the sets of Bade Ache Lagte Hai?

I've only been on set since a week, but it feels awesome here! My elder co-stars are really really nice, and I am very fond of Juhi and Tarana Ma'am, who have always supported, encouraged and helped us younger artists right from the beginning. Tarana Ma'am is always checking in on our scripts, helping us get our dialogues right and encouraging us to do better when we get nervous. She is just lovely! Also, we usually end up shooting for around 14-15 hours ever day and so Juhi and Tarana Ma'a always ask the team to leave us and take our shot the next day as we are kids and would be tired and should go home and get some sleep! Overall, it has just been great in this one week.

How does it feel, working with 2 of the biggest stars Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar?

I was very nervous before I began shooting my scenes with Ram sir and Sakshi ma'am, but when I did shoot a few scenes with them both, I was really very happy, as they both are very very nice! I have shot one scene with Sakshi ma'am, and have to say that she is really a nice person who is always smiling and encouraging us to do better, and being a fresher, that really feels great! Ram sir is a very warm hearted and nice person who also encourages and helps us to do better when shooting with him and always says that we should be ourselves and not conscious at all when in front of the camera. I was always very nervous when it came to shooting with him, because I was scared of forgetting a dialogue or fumbling, but he never made it seem that way as he is really really nice and humble! So yes it has been an exciting experience working with them both.

Who is your favourite person from the cast of Bade Ache Lagte Hai?

Fenil and Pragati whom I share a room with, have become really close to me and we are great friends now and having a gala time on set!

Do you miss your D3 gang and team?

Of course I do! The D3 gang and team will have this special place in my heart as it is because of them I am where I am today! It was pretty different at Cinevistaas though, as we got time to rehearse our dialogues and get our expressions right etc, but here at Balaji, we are working with a whole bunch of senior as well as experienced actors who didn't really need time to rehearse their dialogues, and so we are just called for the shot and have to go with the flow. The ma'am at Balaj does let us rehearse though, but not for a lot of time and it's all goes with the flow, which is scary sometimes, but a good learning experience for sure! Also, the  people I miss the most from my D3 gang are Alisha Singh, Sneha Kapoor, Vrinda Dawda, Shakti Mohan and Priyanka Soni (Splash). I learnt all the over acting and extra drama that she puts on screen, which is very very tough to put on, from Alisha,  good discipline as well as being a good actor, from Sneha, Vrinda is an amazing friend who has all these very cute habits of getting her own water bottle to drink water from and of course a big cleanliness freak who always ensured that our room was clean at all times! Also, she was always around to help me with my dialogues and stuff and she is also a very frank and encouraging person and I totally love and miss her a lot, Shakti is my idol and one person who I just want to be like as she is an awesome actor as well as dancer and finally Priyanka better known as Splash to us all, who is my town friend with whom I traveled in the train everyday, which was a lot of fun as we would just keep laughing for no reason and doing mad things all the time! Other than that, I do really miss the rest of D3 team and gang too and love them all, and always will.

Rapid Fire :

What is your typical day like: I shoot for 90% of the day, and then just come home and sleep!

Which is your favourite food: I love Dosas and can eat them at any time of the day! Other than that, I really love this imported cereal called Berry Crunch', which I eat with milk all the time.

Who is your favourite Bollywood Actor: I think that Pankuj Kapur is an excellent actor!

Who is your favourite Bollywood Actress: Has to be Madhuri Dixit!

When is your birthday: 29th November.

What is your sun-sign: I am a Sagitarian.

Finally, a message for all the fans who loved Vishaka, and who now love Myrah and the show?

Again, I just want to really thank all those who loved me as Vishaka, and would like to say that Bade Ache Lagte Hai' is really a big break for me now, and would love it if you guys watch as well as support me as Myrah too! I have already started receiving some positive responses from my close family and friends on my new character, which just feels great, and so I hope that soon, I will get more recognition as Myrah. Thank you guys, once again and love you all!

Writer : Rhea Parekh

Edited by nairitabala1988 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

3vennela thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs I like her cute and. Bubbly much much better than pihu
SimSimmer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I luv Myra and Pari alot. But when they were young Myra is thin and Pari was chubby and now they are grown its the opposite ðŸ˜† 
vironikajain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Tfs...its always good to hear such good things about BALH cast...
vijayata123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm liking her character.. Tfs😳
My b-day is on 28th Nov.. Hehe.. 1 day before hers.. Lol😳😆
simlavidhi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
She is better than pihu... Like her n pari.
luvbalh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
tfs.. yup myra is cool than  new pihu .. aww amiritha is not going off my mind so  i cant accept any spoiler as pihu  if it is anchal or fenil.
seeing all the additions i even felt myra acts good ,pari too