Mahabharat - Written Update - 16 Sept 2013 - And so it begins!!

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Banner credit : My dearest Appyyy!! 

Mein aa gai😛
To update the MahaGala episode of the Maha Gala Project of Mahabharat!!!

And people who are banging their heads seeing that I am updating Can have a "Thand Pao" session as I am only updating the first Episode...From next Episode it will be Appy take over *hears sighs of reliefs!!*

Ok then before I get the usual dose of sade tamatars (No eggs please..I a a veggie😛) 
Am starting the update!!

The episode starts with...ofcourse the Title Track!! Showing most of the main characters!! From Bhishma to Draupadi!!!

And then we are taken to a grand ride on the Waters of Ganga from within the mountains (beautifully shot!! ) And where Shantanu is sitting in arm lock with Satyavati (I tell you Mahabharat was so forward!! They are sitting like lovebirds...Aaj Garden mein koi aise baithe toh Chaukidar danda mar ke bhagaa deta hai!!😆)

Shantanu is telling her that she the one where he get peace ...They exchange some lovey dovey talks...and then they see a golden fish approaching them...Satyavati is hunting it...and gets injured!!
Shantanu puts meds on her injury!! And tells her to control her desire...but Satyavati the ambitious woman that she is justifies her ambition!! Shantanu laughs at it (Dont laugh Shantanu bhai...ye tera jeena haram karne wali hai!!!)

We then leave them and come amonst the green and blue atmosphere..and hayeee...Krishna wondering amongs the most beautiful valley ...waters and greeen trees and flowers and what beautfy He tells us about the human being being surrounded by his desires...how a desire defines his personna...and that is what led to the Mahabharata😳

His peacock feather flies and takes us to a small village of Hastinapur...We have Hastinapur being looted by serveral weird looking demons!! (looked straight out of a Ramsey brothers movie!😕)
Everyone crying for Their king Shantanu!!...A small boy beats the drum to inform the King...a woman is crying that who will save HAstinapur as there is a curse on Hastinapur, and that has to be cured by a Yagna which cannot be performed as Shantanu has no wife!!!

We seee Devadut running across!!!! He comes and saves the littel boy by flying in between the little boy and Rakshas!! 😕  He challenges Rakshas Ida (What weird name this Rakshas had..I think you can just tell he is a Rakshas with his name😆) and  trashes them left and right!!! He overpowers Ida and tells him not to enter the premises of Bharatvanshis...Rakshas say that Bharatvanshis violate their boundaries...so our Pledge expert Devdutt romises the Rakshas that Bharatvanshis and Rakshas will keep to their own territory and has them free the villagers...

Shantanu comes and attacks the Rakshas...He tells him that Rakshasas have surrendered and now they should not be attacked!!! Shantanu's big time Ego gets hurt!!! So he says that he cannot be commanded and what authority does the young man have...they argue on their capabilities and Shantanu tells Devvrat to show his capabiities!!! how will he let the Rakshas get away...Devdutt says that Ganga will stop her flow..and will create a way for the Rakshas (Hey Bhagu!! Yamunaji giving way to Krishna and his pappa was ok...but Ganga maiya giving way to Rakshas is just too much!) Shantanu is sad...and says that Ganga stops for noone!!! Devdutt pulls out his bow (It is really funny..he doesnot have any arrow..they just appear when he raises his bow😕 Reminds me of the invisible task bar of my window...it comes up when my mouse moves there ðŸ˜³ðŸ¤£)
Devadutt comes forward and shoots the arrow in the air..the arrows go towards the sky and then  do a sommersault and stops the flow of Ganga...Shantanu is totally flumoxed and he says that how come this happened and how Ganga heard the boy!! Ganga comes out of Ganga😕(But it is beautifully shot..the high shot where the whole army and the surroundings are shown...and then Ganga coming out..very wonderful!! )and says that a mother always listens to his son!! (Frankly Ganga is beautiful...but the girl playing comes out like a model😕 that purity and chastity and modesty that portrayal of Ganga was missing1! Hopefully she gets into the act soon!!)c
She tells Shantanu that Devdutt is her and Shantanu's son! and that before 25 years the promise she had made she is fulfilling and now giving her son back to him!! She introduces father and son and they meet as father and son (Now you know where Manmohan Desai got his lost and found formulae!! Straight from Mahabharat!!)
Shantanu comes to Satyavati who gauges his happiness and asks for the reason of his the celebrations in Hastinapurs...he tells her that his son is back!!! Satyavati loses all her smiles..and then taunts Shantanu on moving here and selling fish along with her!! Shantanu laughs at it and thinks she is joking..But Satyavati tells him that she will not marry him as his son is now the prince...and her sons have no chance of becoming the king!!!  Shantanu tells her to stop the nonsense..but Satyavati gives him weird examples of no grass under a big tree!!
Shantanu leaves her ...and reaches the Mahal (Fantastic Sets!!! Absolute  grandeur!! ) 
He enters and looks at the throne with kind of a resignation!! Just then Devvrata enters wearing only Dhoti (My mom is watching alongside and is asking that why is everybody decked up and this guy is moving around half clothed😆) He sees Shantanu upset and asks if everything is alright..Shantanu says nothing and announces him as the Prince!!

They bath him in the middle of the Darbar with milk and crown him prince (Very good Background music!!)
They all hail him as he gets ready as a prince...Shantanu looks at him...with pride and sadness...
Devavrut feels the sadness of his father ...and vows to find the reason of his sadness...
Devavrutt flies off to the village of Satyavati in the pursuit of truth!! Satyavati after giving a lot of idioms and examples and taunts reveals that it is Devavrutt himself who is the source of this unhappiness as he will be the prince and that is the precise reason Satyavati wont marry Shantanu...She is worried not only about her sons..but also those sons of her sons who will have forgotten the art of catching fish 😕 (here they are talking about making her Maharani..and all she can think of is catching fish!!! ) Devavrata is astonished at this!! Satyavati says that Shantanu cannot have it all...he has to choose!! 
He says that he will resolve this and goes towards Ganga...cuts his hand..the blood drop mingle with the river water and a volcano kind of errupts from the water ..the sky becomes red...as Devavrata goes on to take a pledge which will change the fate of a country forever and give way to the biggest battle on earth!! Mahabharat!!!!

Precap: Devavrata takes the pledge and Shantanu blesses him with "Icchamrityu" (Death on wish) and names him Bhishma...1!!! 

Credit rating: I am nobody to rate the epi!! But stil few ramblings...Technically it is indeed excellent!! Story is old and known so let us see how they narrate it...but they need to get on the acting skills...there is some magic which is missing!! The best of the whole clan is undoubtedly Sayantani!!! (Satyavati) She absolutely plays her ambitious and shrewd character!! Shantanu is ok...he is now becoming an expert in playing king!! Devavrat is good too!!! Ganga..no..she needs to tone down her glamour and get some modesty on her face!! Saurabh..well he is Saurabh!! What more can one say!!!

Edited by -Srushti- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail
and i am the first... i cant believe it was you who was going to make the WU for today ðŸ˜²
Arshics thumbnail
The rakshas were too weird looking sru 
-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: appy_indy-KD

and i am the first... i cant believe it was you who was going to make the WU for today ðŸ˜²

Bas aaj hi ke din...Next time se bas tu hi tu!! And thanks for the wonderful Banner Appy! Absolute gorgeous!!!
-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

The rakshas were too weird looking sru 

And so we meet here🤗
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for the lovely update ðŸ˜Š
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I liked the episode overall as far as acting is concerned we cant compare it to BR chopra's Mahabharat.These actors will forever be the best.If these current actors can acheive even 50
% of what they did it will be good for me
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanx for the WU Buddy. loved the episode and the special effects... devarath was too good in his dialogue deliveries and gestures..
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Thanks for the lovely update. I want to know that was Satyavati so ambitious & shrewd? This is the first time I'm watching Mahabharat right from the beginning though I do know about Pandavs & Lord Krishna,but nothing about Satyavati. Being a Sri - Lankan don't know much about Hindu Mythology.
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you for the written update, Srushti! My initial reactions:

- The whole cast is awesome; whatever diction training they were given totally paid off because thus far, everyone we saw from the main cast to the extras sounded perfectly comfortable with the vocabulary and put the right infections into every word they spoke. I particularly LOVED Bhishma. Gonna be very sad when he takes his ajeevan brahmacharya pratigya, as I'm sure many other girls will be 😆

- Glad they didn't feature Ganga in the promos because she came as a pleasant surprise! Loved the visuals involved in her manifestation, the blue and white shaded costume was STUNNING (will have to include it in my list of favorite mytho costumes ever, and shameless plug alert: y'all can join me in a detailed discussion of this show's costumes here:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2223373
And the actress herself was an excellent choice, she has that maturity and poise about her that'll make it easy to accept her as Bhishma's mother even though she doesn't look older than him.

- The costumes and visuals in general, I'd give them a 15/10. Special mention for the very cool aerial shots of the water as we saw in the "making of" videos

- I like that they showed Satyavati having some sense of agency in her life, even if it's inaccurate I don't think it's that far fetched that she might've thought the same way as her father. Especially the way they timed things, showing that Shantanu had *just* had the joy of meeting his grown son before she expressed her insecurity, makes it perfectly understandable that even just finding out her lover has a son her age would throw her for a loop. Just hope they don't take it too far and make her give Bhishma the stereotypical stepmotherly treatment after the marriage as well.

- Wish Shantanu would've emoted more, even nonverbally, while Satyavati is going on about Bhishma. Yeah, he wasn't father of the year but at least try a tiny bit harder to fake it?

- Wasn't crazy about the music, it was a little loud and disruptive at times.

- The dude with the tribal outfit who Bhishma defeats in his introductory scene - that was kinda weird and out of place. Instead of wasting time on that, we could've used a little more backstory on Shantanu instead of jumping right into his romance.

- Saurabh's intro scene was beautiful, but I imagine quite a few viewers who don't watch mythos for devotional content will be a bit perturbed at how his discourse interrupted the main storyline, especially if it happens amidst more engaging tracks later on. They could work on the editing a bit to make transitions smoother so it doesn't feel like a series of isolated scenes.

Overall more pluses than minuses though, like an 8/10 I'd say. Definitely a promising start for a contemporary mytho; their hard work truly shows.Eagerly awaiting the next episode.