Life after DMPS: Shweta Agarwal

JinK thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Life after Nikki

All seems to be well with Shweta Agarwal, the plump turned petite lass who was last week replaced in Star Plus' Dekho Magar Pyaar Se.

Shweta Agarwal: Life's normal after replacement

"It didn't come to me as a surprise," she says, with cultivated cool. "I knew the track was going to change. But I didn't know if I was to be part of the new setup. When I broke my leg a week before the change, it became obvious that I couldn't be a part of it anymore," she clarifies.

So has life come to a standstill? "I am getting offers from UTV, Balaji and also from BAG films (producer of Dekho Magar Pyaar Se). I am shooting for a video with Harbhajan Singh and other cricketers. I have two big ads with film stars lined up," she informs.

Considering that Shweta was committed to the role of Nikki in Dekho Magar Pyaar Se, she didn't accept any other role and compromised on her looks, did she feel bad about the way things turned out? "Not at all. Of course, I have given that serial a lot. I played the fat girl, I turned into a pretty girl… I was a part of the serial when it became vengeful and also when it turned into a love story. I believe continuing the serial when it is changing track is funny. That's the reason a new actor needs to come in," she opines.

"My foot hasn't got any better. So for one month I will take up lighter work, that which wouldn't be stressful for my foot. Basically I want to take some rest this one month. I can think of accepting major roles the next month," she concludes.

Well Shweta is an actor who takes things in stride and moves ahead in life as if the past never existed; and that seems to be evident from the attitude she wears.

By SAPANA PATIL

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ahtika thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanx 4 posting her interview......