Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: anku-

Aww, thankyou so much for liking the pics and lovely comments Jaanu. And it's absolutely my pleasure to share the pics with all of youu. Afterall, such pics should be shared whenever one gets a chance right? I will try and share more soonn! :D

You know we went to this temple near Somnath where this really HUGEEE and so so mesmerizing idol of Lord Krishna is placed. That temple is said to be the place for Lord Krishna last sat.. and the tree under which he sat is also there and we saw it. This is what the pujari ji over there told.. don't know if it's true or not. 😳 But we can't take inside pics of mandir so I couldn't! :(

Wow, that really sounds amazing! You're so lucky to have visited all these places Anku, I only went to a few devotional places in South India, but I have yet to visit all the beautiful places in the North. I really wish to one day.
sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures. ðŸ˜ƒ

You know we went to this temple near Somnath where this really HUGEEE and so so mesmerizing idol of Lord Krishna is placed. That temple is said to be the place for Lord Krishna last sat.. and the tree under which he sat is also there and we saw it. This is what the pujari ji over there told.. don't know if it's true or not. 😳 

It's true. ðŸ˜Š

You went to Prabhas Kshetra, obviously. And Lord Krishna sitting alone under that tree after Yadavas have killed themselves by Eraka grass & Lord Balram had gone back to Golok, then Jara shooting arrow, Lord meeting Daruk there, all that is well documented.

And ANKU, can I post a few pictures of a mandir here?? You see, some time back I was asked to help in popularizing a very important temple among devotees worldwide, but all that I've achieved towards that end till now is writing letters & petitions to very many persons, & mentioning the mandir in sundry blogs. I was thinking of posting the pictures of that temple here too. Can I??
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Janu, aww.. thankiess! I'm suree one day you will get too.. and hopefully I'll get to go down South too. Family has been planning trip to Jaganath Puri for sometime now.
Sherlock, yeah we went to Prabhas Kshetra. :) Oh all the story and all i know and don't doubt it a bit. I was talking about the tree.. it did look 5000 years old but I dont know if it's actually that tree. Although I would like to believe it is but you know how when you tell it to people they're like "how can it be the same one" etc etc. =/
And ofcourse yaar.. most definitely go ahead. You don't need to ask me at all :) I would be so happy to see them too. I use this FB page that I made called Hindu Dharm to share info and such pics which I think are rare or lot of people might not know. I have been very lazy with it but will get active properly on it now! 😆
sherlock thumbnail

I was talking about the tree.. it did look 5000 years old but I dont know if it's actually that tree. 

OK, yes, about the tree. Well, even I don't know if someone has determined the age of that tree till now, methods exist of doing that, of course. As you rightly said, it has to be proved that the tree is more than 5000 years old at least. Someone needs to determine its age. 
sherlock thumbnail

And ofcourse yaar.. most definitely go ahead. You don't need to ask me at all :) I would be so happy to see them too. I use this FB page that I made called Hindu Dharm to share info and such pics which I think are rare or lot of people might not know. I have been very lazy with it but will get active properly on it now! 😆

First of all, congrats on a worthwhile FB page. And do get active on your FB page asap. I am so sad I can't join you there because I'm not on FB, Twitter etc.

Secondly, as I said I wished to post a few pictures of a temple here. It's actually Shri Sita Amman temple at Ashok Vatika in Sri lanka. There are people who believe that this extremely important temple is not as well known as it should be. Now reasons are many, ranging from political to historical, but anyways, I too was roped in to do something about it, and as I mentioned, all I achieved is a few hundred letters over a few years, ranging from President of India to President of Sri lanka, & everyone in between. ðŸ˜†

sherlock thumbnail
So please do me a favour, ANKU. Post all these pictures of the Shri Sita Amman temple on your FB page too. 

Edited by sherlock - 10 years ago
sherlock thumbnail