mohit sehgals new interview In telly times !

soniasharmin89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

I would love if Drashti Dhami wins Jhalak- Mohit Sehgal

Mohit Sehgal, better known as Samrat from Miley Jab Hum Tum on Star One is extremely choosy about what projects he wants to take up and would love to do a show opposite her long time girlfriend Sanaya. He shared more about his acting career and future projects with urlremoved in an exclusive chat.
You started your acting career in the year 2007, did you have to struggle a lot back then?
It was actually difficult for me, because I had to make my own ways as I didnt know anything about the industry and how to go about it. I had to figure out the right people and right ways, so I started with Barry Johns and learnt acting from there. After that it was little difficult to convince parents as my dad was not convinced . He always wanted me to join his business. In the meanwhile I did this movie Delhi Heights, where I played a small character of Vicky and then eventually after 3 years my dad was convinced, so I moved to Bombay. In Bombay also I didnt know anyone. I had to figure out ways. I didnt know what is audition, how does it happen. I used to actually ask rickshaw walas about where the big production house offices are located since I didnt know how to go about it. Soon the people I used to live with told me about the auditions for Miley Jab Hum  Tum, so I decided to give it a shot and thats how I became a part of it.
You have worked both in television and movies too as an actor, which of the two has more scope for growth for an actor?
I think both. Television has become a big thing now. Infact, its actually little difficult in films. Television is easier.

You anchored Zara Nachke Dikha for a brief point of time. If offered today, would you consider anchoring over acting?
Yes, why not. If something good comes up, I will definitely take up.

Its been 6 years now, but you have done only 2 shows so far. Are you extremely choosy about the roles you want to play?
I think yes, a little. Thats why I couldnt do too many shows. Its been 3 years since Miley Jab Hum Tum went off air and I did only 1 show in between which didnt work. So that also I did because I thought its been a long time and I didnt do anything so I should do this show and I think it was not a good decision since I just wanted to work, so I took that show. I thought it will be my luck if it works so I think it was not a very good decision and thats why Im a little choosy. Im just waiting for a good show. I dont want to work just to do something. I want to be happy with what I do.

The industry being so welcoming to the newcomers and changes, the fame comes instantly but people tend to forget you too if you disappear for a long time, since so many new shows are launched off late. Dont you think giving a long gap before coming back onscreen can be risky?
Ya I agree. It is risky but im ready to take that risk in my life. I think if I wait a little longer for something good to come up, then people will be happy instead of watching me in a show thats not doing well, because my first show did so well. People have expectations from me so if im coming, I want to come back with a bang.

Now that youre not busy with acting, what have you been doing in all the free time?
Im actually meeting people, just working out in the gym, grooming myself, and working on my skills basically.

Sanaya recently performed on Jhalak, if offered would you like to be a part of it too as a contestant?
Ya definitely. But at the same time I would be scared. Dancing is not my best thing, im not good at dancing. But I would do it because I want to learn dance. Its good for your body too and at the same time youre learning something. Its a good show so I would want to do it if offered.

Who would you want to be the winner of Jhalak this season?
Oh, definitely my very close friend Drashti. She is very close to me and Sanaya. So I would love it if Drashti Dhami wins Jhalak.
Tell us something about your upcoming projects? Have any offers excited you?
Not yet. Basically in between there were few shows that excited me, but what happens is, sometimes some projects do excite you but you dont fit the bill. So that also depends. It excites you but they dont want to take you and sometimes they want you but they dont excite me, so it has to match and im waiting for that right match.
Any show which is currently on air, that youd like to be a part of?
Honestly, im not a TV person. I dont like watching unless the show is really good. I have watched only two shows, Miley Jab Hum Tum and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. I think if I would have gotten a chance, I would have definitely worked in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Besides that, I dont think I would like to be a part of any other show.
Any message for your fans?
I love all my fans a lot. Please be patient. I will definitely come back soon with a bang!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soniasharmin89 thumbnail
i loved this interview.direct dil se..I loved the way he talk about this phase of his career.dont worry Mohit,u will found something very soon.and  liked the way he talk about  his dance skill.dont worry mohit.u will be good bcz practice makes a man perfect.hope u will come back with a bang.
charmee_sammy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Mohit Sehgal n his 'actually's and 'basically'sπŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Nice intrvw... Mohit's history n geography before MJHT toh we all know it was good to refresh that...
Though i still keep thinking how he must have adjusted in Mumbai without knowing d city n the industry... But he did n god to was with him n will always b wid him...

Oh ghosh Mohit says he is a 'little' choosy... A LITTLE?😲 Man ur VERY choosy... but m glad u r.. bcoz this days i don't find any show worth watching n if u had come in such shows i would have watched but only for you... 
I loved the answer... I dont want to work just to do something. I want to be happy with what I do.

Mohit's answer about dancing is so positive, he agrees he is not best at it but he would do bcoz he'll learn something and also its good for body... 
and Mohit is a good dancer but of course not best...

and d question abt ppl tend to forget... well Mohit has true fans, will always wait for him n would never forget him...

Come back soon mohit.. We miss you.. and ya mutual feelings here.. u love us, we love you too😳

Tfs sonia... provide link plz :)
Edited by charmee_sammy - 10 years ago
soniasharmin89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charmee_sammy

Mohit Sehgal n his 'actually's and 'basically'sπŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Nice intrvw... Mohit's history n geography before MJHT toh we all know it was good to refresh that...
Though i still keep thinking how he must have adjusted in Mumbai without knowing d city n the industry... But he did n god to was with him n will always b wid him...

Oh ghosh Mohit says he is a 'little' choosy... A LITTLE?😲 Man ur VERY choosy... but m glad u r.. bcoz this days i don't find any show worth watching n if u had come in such shows i would have watched but only for you... 
I loved the answer... I dont want to work just to do something. I want to be happy with what I do.

Mohit's answer about dancing is so positive, he agrees he is not best at it but he would do bcoz he'll learn something and also its good for body... 
and Mohit is a good dancer but of course not best...

and d question abt ppl tend to forget... well Mohit has true fans, will always wait for him n would never forget him...

Come back soon mohit.. We miss you.. and ya mutual feelings here.. u love us, we love you too😳

Tfs sonia... provide link plz :)

charmee,trust me i m loving this mohit interview.its posted by telly  times.sorry link cant copy its protected.but they said some more is coming about him.dont know what !  but till now in his all interview he said he is not a good dancer except one by Tc.(w cant trust them fully).but loved te wy he talk about his dance skill and sad he actually scared about it.but i wnat him in a fiction show.😊
charmee_sammy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: soniasharmin89

charmee,trust me i m loving this mohit interview.its posted by telly  times.sorry link cant copy its protected.but they said some more is coming about him.dont know what !  but till now in his all interview he said he is not a good dancer except one by Tc.(w cant trust them fully).but loved te wy he talk about his dance skill and sad he actually scared about it.but i wnat him in a fiction show.😊

oh its ok i'll search it :))
ya i loved his this interview too.. i love when he talks about this industry, about his views n  talking something seriously, different from the lovely dovely interviews... 
we can't trust TC.. but ya Mohit never shies to admit he isn't a perfect dancer but dats ok.. he has so many more qualities.. 
they said there is more to come? oh great then, i think one more article may be...
Ya i too want him in a show now... but there r hardly any good shows coming... lets see...
Right now toh m waiting for official announcement of NB6
soniasharmin89 thumbnail

ya i loved his this interview too.. i love when he talks about this industry, about his views n  talking something seriously, different from the lovely dovely interviews... 
we can't trust TC.. but ya Mohit never shies to admit he isn't a perfect dancer but dats ok.. he has so many more qualities.. 
they said there is more to come? oh great then, i think one more article may be...
Ya i too want him in a show now... but there r hardly any good shows coming... lets see...

its telly times site by nadia malik(ex-IF reporter).yea,they replies twice in twitter that more coming about him.😳
-Marie- thumbnail
So wana wish to see mohit in a good fiction show n also Sanaya in a good one where she doesn't have to face other s mistakes !!!
Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Oh my God!!!! Thank u thank u thank u so much, finally a full fledged Mohit iv, this made my day, feeling so happy right now πŸ˜ƒ Really loved the whole interview such honest and straightforward answers by him, no pretense, not trying to be forcefully cool, just being his true humble and adorable self for which I truly love him, he is a rare gem of a person and he truly deserves a show that is just as awesome as him, and I'm ready to wait for as long as it takes for him to find that perfect match( as he puts it) and I have a feeling that it will happen soon since we r getting all these articles, he must be considering some offers, so praying hard and hoping for the best right now 😊Edited by Tinkerbelle88 - 10 years ago
P.Srinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice interview.His answers were so genuine.I too dont want he accept some stupid shows with hurry this time... I dont mind  if he takes some  more time to his come back. I wish this time  he will back with bang with good preoject in good popular chanel.Eagerly waiting for second part of his interview. Sonia thanks for sharing this.
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Loved his interview.

He said openly he is not a perfecct dancer but he will learn.Non dancer will dance better than dancers.So acc. to me  mohit will dance better than good  dancers.After mjht i did not like any shows so far.Mjht was the youth show appreciated by all age groups.

Waiting for official announcement of NB since CC is going off air sanaya will have time for rehersal.

Mohit is GOD fear person ,down to earth and very good person.