TOI: Rubina Dilaik worked on her diction to play Sita

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Rubina Dilaik worked on her diction to play Sita
Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Aug 26, 2013, 05.08 PM IST

Rubina Dilaik worked on her diction to play Sita
Rubina Dilaik
Rubina Dilaik, who is playing Sita in Nikhil Sinha's popular show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, was a part of successful shows like Choti Bahu and Choti Bahu 2. 

The actress was driven by her destiny to get the role of Sita. Talking on this, Rubina says, "I was not very happy with my last show (Punar Vivah) and told my producer. We had an amicable split after that. Sita's character came to me all of a sudden after that. I believe whatever happens, happens for the best. I have been approached twice before for Mahadev. But they were for some other characters. This was the third time. I didn't want to say no because being an Indian we are all attached to Ramayan and Mahabharat and it is an honour for me to play Sita on screen. It is a big challenge because there were other actors who have played Sita. I would like to take this to a different level so people can remember my performance too."

Rubina is currently taking notes on her Hindi diction specially because this is the first time she is doing a mythological show.

"Homework is mandatory. For this role the creative team is helping me a lot -- the attire and the body language is definitely going to be new for me. And the dialogue delivery is also something I am working on." Rubina feels every Indian is aware of these two epics, "We all are so related to these epics that no one has been able to eliminate them from their lives. In our daily cores of life also we can give so many examples and learn so many things out of it." When asked how her beau Avinash Sachdev reacted to this new role of Rubina, she adds, "He encouraged me a lot and told me to accept the offer because it is lifetime chance for an actor."
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing. Seems kinda a summary what Rubina already told.
Happy Birthday Rubina😊