Vikas Bhalla "considers his journey" in Uttaran "to be

arohi1111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Veer Singh Bundela was once upon a time a pillar to the tracks of Colors long-running show Uttaran. However, that is history now, as the character has hardly been used in the recent tracks in this FilmFarm India show.

TV industry can sometimes be brutal, and this is exactly what actor Vikas Bhalla is going through now. Being the latest victim to the high-handed behaviour, Vikas who had earlier replaced popular name Nandish Sandhu as Veer has not been shooting for the show for the last two months now.

Sources say that ever since his on-screen wife Ichcha (Tina Dutta) has been killed in the show, he has been totally dropped from the picture. Even before, Vikas was being used for filler sequences post leap, and never had any major track to play.

Being a smart professional, Vikas has read the writing on the wall and considers that his Uttaran journey is now over. Though I have not been informed officially, it has been a while since I have got a call for Uttaran. Hence I have decided to move on, and I am now going through few film and TV scripts. I might do a musical film and a couple of TV shows very soon. I also have a song with Sonu Nigam for an upcoming film.

On Uttaran, he states, I have had a wonderful journey with the show. It was a privilege to be part of the main cast of such a popular long running project.

He does admit though that towards the end of his stint, he did not have much to do. The story had to take a leap and the character of my wife had to be killed, and post that Veer did not have much to do. Having said this, I also wish to state that before the leap thing happened I had got a strong enough lead character. Also the characters graph moved forward as per the narration, so I have no disappointments.

Vikas further informs that he had already been notified that Veers character in Uttaran will not last long. Initially I had been told that it will not last more than a year, but they extended it by another six months as they wanted to give it a smoother farewell. But dont you feel sad that they have not bothered to inform that you will not be needed anymore? No this is how the industry functions, stresses the actor.

Ask him whether replacing Nandish worked against him, and he explains, I have received a lot of positive feedback regarding the way I have played Veer. I have been told that I have taken it to the next level. I give full credit to the writing team; Nandish had done a very good job of playing the character before with aplomb.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loveyouichcha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Tfs.saddist cvs killed the lead jodi.
Rishi_ thumbnail
so that officially brings down the curtains on veer.
tfs.

will surely miss him. πŸ˜’
anyways im not watching uttaran so it really doesnt matter.πŸ˜†
oldveechafan thumbnail
aw veer ...btw i miss nandish as veer nd tina as icha alot.😭
tina2711 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
seriously hate it ...wish tina also listen us ..but she is also in dilemma whether to bring ichcha back or she should quit
Rishi_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinafans

seriously hate it ...wish tina also listen us ..but she is also in dilemma whether to bring ichcha back or she should quit

shristee tina should QUIT!! plz let her know that all her fans want the same😊
uttaran is getting worse day by day. either bring back iccha or quit the show.

its pathetic now uttaran.🀒
HemaG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
tfs...

he moved on...thats nice...
saurabhrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wat pathetic way to make ckt exit!
I seriously wonder if ut will think about yuvi:-(
tina2711 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ya we added her in the grp where we all saying o quit uttaran she also accpted ut is dead after ichcha's death