Sunil Dutt No more!!!

luving_gal_neha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Sunil Dutt is dead

A Correspondent | May 25, 2005 12:32 IST
Last Updated: May 25, 2005 13:17 IST

Union Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs and actor Sunil Dutt passed away after a heart attack at his home in Bandra, northwest Mumbai, on Wednesday morning.

He would have turned 75 on June 6.

After he complained of being unwell since the morning, the family doctor was summoned. The end came at 11 am. He recently visited Kanpur where he is believed to have suffered a heat-stroke.

In a movie career spanning five decades, Dutt acted in 102 films and directed six, including the memorable Reshma Aur Shera. His most recent release as an actor was the 2003 superhit Munnabhai MBBS, where he acted alongside son Sunjay Dutt.

He is survived by his son, daughters Namrata and Priya, sons-in-law and grandchildren. His wife, the legendary actress Nargis, passed away in May 1981.

Sanjay Nirupam, who unsuccessfully contested against Dutt from the Mumbai North-West Lok Sabha constituency in May 2004 as a Shiv Sena candidate and has now joined the Congress party, said he was shocked to hear about Dutt's demise.

Nirupam, who had a history of bitter rivalry with Dutt, said the veteran MP was like a father figure for him.

"There were issues during the 2004 Lok Sabha election, but I have apologised to him several times. I never hurt him intentionally," Nirupam, who lost the election, said.

Dutt had taken Nirupam to court for the latter's adverse comments about his parliamentary record.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mysterygirl_me thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
oh that's so sad he was such a gentlemen god bless his soul i don't know which state would sanjay dutt and all his family be..!!!
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
😭😭😭...nothing else to say. may he rest in peace
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This is very sad .😭

may his soul rest in peace!

sonikuri_786 thumbnail

may he find peac inshalla

_anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

😭😭😭

May his soul rest in peace!

AASHISH_IN thumbnail

Its very very sad to hear!!😭😭

He was very good actor as well as politician n social worker too. its very bad news for Bandra-peoples who has lost very good social worker.😭😭

sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
that's just sad 😭 😭 😭

May his soul rest in peace!
sukh thumbnail

thats very  sad.😭😭😭

may his soul rest in peace

god bless his family & give them  courage to go thru this criticle time..

*Meg_d* thumbnail
Yeh i saw it on the news this morning may god rest his soul he was one good person