OS Breathless Moments in Poison Rain *Updated*

cuteteddy thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

She wasn't perfect -no, far from that. Pia did not possess a single trait his fellows sought for in a girl, and no matter how utterly foolish and pathetic he felt for allowing himself to be entrapped by her imperfection, he could not help but let his lust drive him more -and soon enough, the lust he felt rushing through his veins at her sight developed into something much more divine and sick simultaneously. 

If you asked Abhay Raichand what he felt about his 'secret girl', the only reply you'd be provided with is a grunt. 

True, there was a day when he gazed longingly at the portraits of his mother, his father, his brother... but that day was long over. For now, Abhay Raichand knew nothing but one thing -his obsession with the curly haired woman he encountered in the deep woods. 

Perhaps it was the feeling of doom, the word 'forbidden' ringing through his mind which supplied a great amount of excitement in him, but really, what could boys his age do if a girl like her came into his life?

"You'll regret this." She gritted out, her eyes narrowed to glare daggers through his soul. 

Gulping, the raven haired boy held his hands up in surrender, "Whoa -calm down there, woman! I've got no intentions of hurting-

"I do not care about your freaking intentions!" She pushed him, her face merely apart by a few inches. Abhay's eyes widened -and for a moment, she stared back in his deep blue eyes, and wondered why he had to resemble him so much. 

"Boy, I'm older than you -do you get that not? This world doesn't belong to me, and neither do I belong to this globe of filth you have created." 

Abhay grinned nervously, and internally scolded him for attempting to impress the woman even when she was lunging at his throat, only moments before attempting to assassin him. 

His eyes brightened humorously as he replied, "Yeah, I noticed that. We don't really see women like you walking around woods, trying to climb the tallest of trees -and uh...your eyes kind of glow." 

She released him with an angry hiss. 

"Had you not been blessed with Abhyendra's appearance, I would have shed every single cut piece of your body you pride over so much -imagine that, how will you survive, Abhay?"

He shrugged, "Kill me if you wish to -at least I'll have the honor to die in your arms. But -where will you hide my carcass? In the seas, or deep under the ground? My feet clad in shoes will show the officials this path I've chosen to follow, wouldn't they? Look down, Pia, my footprints are still there."

Cackling -resembling a witch very much -she tapped his cheek with her black nail painted finger, and her doe-like chocolate orbs gleamed with dangerous mirth, and she gazed at him with pity, "How poor you fellow are! I wonder what possessed you to misunderstand your mere lust for me as affection! And for a creature like me!"

His face turned serious, and gaze flattened as he replied, "I truly adore you -maybe even as passionately as Romeo adored his Juliet. Believe me, you won't find even a moment wasted before I cut my head off and present it before your feet. I won't hesitate letting my lips taste the bitter sweetness of the poison if the cups are your dainty hands. Do you-

"Nonsense!" She snapped. Forcing the bitter burn rising through her throat, she asked, "Is it really that all men like you think murdering themselves is the best they can do? How pathetic little creatures you are, Abhay! Romeo, you say? I abhorred that boy! The only thing he did was fall for a girl like Juliet -and let her die in his departure from this world! Perhaps waiting could have let them have what they desired!" Tears gathered in the corners of her eyes, and she whispered brokenly, "At least someone could have lived with her beloved..." 

A faint touch over her skin -and the burning she felt was indescribable. Looking up, she wiped the traces of her weakness from her cheeks, and glared at him, "You just have this urge to get everything you do not deserve -and what you can never have! See, Abhay, my eyes glow, my bloody urge to kill you drives me insane all the time, and the fury I harbor for a boy like you does nothing but solidify! How many years have you even encountered in your life, huh? Fifteen? Sixteen? Seventeen, perhaps?" 

"Seventeen." He confirmed, with his gaze lowered. 

She chuckled, her menace lacing her voice, and said, "And do you know how old I am, Abhay, do you? Four hundred years, Abhay! Do you know what I have done to get my love back? Do you know how much I regret and despise that moment of insanity all those centuries ago? Do you know how much I die inside everyday? The sun rises, the moon rises, they set, they shine. People keep on moving, and joyful laughter and sorrowful sobs keep ringing around! And I? Oh, I am cursed with the immortality! I'm just a ghost... just there, bound to vanish the day I see his face in someone else's -the horror in his eyes in someone else's as my knife slashed his neck!" 

Abhay's eyes widened, and the sweat beads forming around his face danced down, the sudden humidity suffocating him. But no -all he could think about was that... the one he had fallen for, the one he had lusted for, the one he had readied himself to die for... had the blood stains on her own hands. 

"Do you know how much I cried for him everyday? Do you know how much I longed for him everyday?" She trembled, and her voice broke as she continued, "I'm not Pia, Abhay -I'm Maithili. I am the one who haunts these forests. am the one who bears her name in hopes of gaining his love... I am the one who wonders the sheer absurdity of the victim of her rage!" 

Abhay stepped back, and she stepped forward, her burning gaze locked with his frightened one. She brought herself closer to him, and before he knew it, he was pinned against the tree. 

"Die for me, you say?" She whispered over his lips. Abhay shuddered as her fingers slipped through his shirt, the fabric torn by her nails. Blood oozed out as she cut his skin, and a howl of pain escaped past his lips and she cackled. 

Releasing him, she stepped back, spreading her arms wide, and screamed thickly, her tears muffling her voice, "This insanity I have -it'll destroy you! Destroy you, Abhay, destroy you! Nothing but death lies ahead!" 

"I..." He panted, clutching his abdomen. 

She looked at him, and the burning flames in her eyes cooled down, transforming into the sadness her life had seen. 

Sternly, she said, "The best you can do is forget about me, Abhay. Just consider this all as a dream -as a nightmare. Forget you ever met a girl like me. Forget you ever thought you fell for a girl like me. Forget you ever heard my voice, felt my touch, feared my wrath. I'm nothing but a ghost of memory for you now, Abhay." 

A drop of water landed on his hand, and the rain increased its pace faster than ever in his town. He looked up, and screamed at her to wait, standing up. 

Stumbling, he reached forward, but the blur in front of him increased, and before he could grasp what happened, the dark clouds had a raven piercing through them, leaving behind nothing but a black feather by his feet. 

He picked it up, and let his tears merge with the water, and clutched the feather to his chest. 

The next day, he woke up in his bed. Hollowly, he stared at the feather perched atop his bookshelf. How he reached there was unknown to him, and only the remnants of the memories he remembered were his brother's arms around him, other servants running around him, carrying him back to the mansion he despised living in. 

He clenched his eyes shut, and stood up after a long sigh. His eyelashes fluttered open as he walked over to the shelf, and picked the feather up gently, and buried it deep inside his cupboards. She wanted him to forget? He was just ready to do that. 

Years passed, and his career as an actor -as an artist, grew stronger. He climbed the ladder of fame, married a woman desired by every other male in his country, and had a life as perfect and shining as the Taj Mahal. 

But deep inside, just like the monument of love, a corpse lay deep buried in his core. Nights when everything seemed too perfect to believe, he gazed at the black feather longingly, dying to perish in her arms, gaze in her burning eyes. 

If you asked Abhay Raichand if he was blissful with his wife Misha Raichand, he'd grin and say yes in a moment. 

But if you asked him whom he loved, hesitancy as clear as water'll appear, and if you followed his gaze, the cupboard in which his love's last belonging laid was all you could see. 

A/N :Aye haye! It's been so long since I last posted on IF that main to bhul ne hi lag gayi ki ise use kaise karte hain! 😆So, yeah, this was boring, bland, blah, something weird and what not... but I'm sort of like that, and you guys are used to me -if the old members are still here, I mean. 

Edited by cuteteddy - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
OMG, Deepa di, it has been SO long!
and what a lovely OS- tragic, forbidden, dark...and all AbhIya. you ought to write more, I swear. this is one of your best concepts. Beautiful.

PS. do u remember me? :P
cuteteddy thumbnail
@..juhi.. -Thanks for reading it! 😳

@ bookworm-ALS-- - Don't be stupid! Of course I remember you. At least someone is there from our old group! Lol, is it really? 😳 Why, I'm flattered, my dear! Thanks for reviewing! 😃
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
@Deepa di, you should hang around a bit more here...and yeah write more :)
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
A marvelous piece of writing 👏
cuteteddy thumbnail
@vmpy -Thank you! :D 

@Shreya -I thought no one would miss me. And you people weren't even there when I came... 😭
cuteteddy thumbnail
@..mandy..- You flatter me, sweetheart! Thank you for dropping this review! 😳
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
I am here :) not going anywhere :)
cuteteddy thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm-ALS--

I am here :) not going anywhere :)

Haan! Yeh to aakhir janm janm ka saath hai! 🤣 Are yaar, tum sab log sizzlers kab ban gaye? 😭😕
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
@Deepa di, jab aapne humko chodke vanvaas le liya na, tab ;)