Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: MrsMalhotra

@Abby: Did you see the promo for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Season 2? The hero has been completely modelled on Emraan's characters.

sorry for going off topic but omg what season 2 starting when😲
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Where did he go wrong? 
Everywhere right from accepting to do the bogus script, so glad Emraan was not a part of the disaster and got a better deal in the form of OUATIM,
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: abby_girl30

^darling lying about your movie being the most entertaining thing is NOT cheating the fans...it's called marketing. Plus half of the bollywood lies anyways.

Akshay endorsed Khiladi 786 and TMK...did those movie not cheat his fan. Your rebuttal is quite illogical TBH. Anyhow end of discussion here...I don't wanna fight over such petty things

Yes maybe because he liked those films himself. I too liked K786! Just because the critics or you don't happen to like a film doesn't mean he or his fans don't either. He should endorse what he likes or wants to endorse.. professionalism doesn't have anything to do with that. Khair, that's my opinion. It's actually one of the qualities I love about this man. 

And my reply was illogical? Honestly, it was still more logical than yours where you compared the responsibility a man has towards his wife and children to that of a film 🥱

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Is Ekta upset with Akshay?

Aug 20, 2013 - Reena Kapoor

Despite its record-breaking collections at the box office, Chennai Express hero Shah Rukh Khan seems to be persistent with the film's promotions. But that is not the case with Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara.

The film opened to a lukewarm release last week but the hero, Akshay Kumar, is not half as aggressive with the promotions as his rival SRK. Akki left for Bangkok a day after the film's release to shoot for his next project. "The film might not have had the best opening, but Akki's extra few days of publicity could have saved the film," says an industry insider.
Apparently, his premature exit hasn't gone down too well with producer Ekta Kapoor. "Actors usually have a pre-planned schedule which includes a certain amount of days dedicated to a film's promotions after the release. Akshay hadn't taken that into consideration, it seems like. The clash between Rohit and Ekta's films has turned into an ego war now, which the latter's losing," says a trade analyst.

chammakchallo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ekta shouldn't have changed the date plus the film sucked
samiam1234 thumbnail
Akshay knows all too well not to sting SRK.  Heck even Salman wont do that.. the two bozos combined their power after a very succesfull Mujhe Shaadi karoge and tried to bring him down with Janeman.  They also had preity Zinta who had star value for good measures. Plus there was alot of negative publicity with SRK in Don, where most ppl did not like him copying Amitabh.. Guess what SRK destroyed the star power of Sallu and Akki.. They will not try this crap again, I guarantee you they are scared
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: samiam1234

Akshay knows all too well not to sting SRK.  Heck even Salman wont do that.. the two bozos combined their power after a very succesfull Mujhe Shaadi karoge and tried to bring him down with Janeman.  They also had preity Zinta who had star value for good measures. Plus there was alot of negative publicity with SRK in Don, where most ppl did not like him copying Amitabh.. Guess what SRK destroyed the star power of Sallu and Akki.. They will not try this crap again, I guarantee you they are scared

janeman failed becos the movie wasn't that good the story was lacking... a movie's success isn't driven by the star cast..u could have the biggest star cast bt the film becomes a flop becos the story doesn't work well...i.e. paheli, it had rani, big b and srk...who are not small stars... yet the film flopped..why? becos she film lacked a good concept and story... .also if the success of a movie was all down 2 star power then srk, salman, aamir and big b would never have a flop film to their name...but they do... which jus proves the point...if the movie was good ppl will watch it... bt akky's movie ppl didn't like hence didn't watch its nt got anything 2 do with CE... I remember a BW movie which was released on its own and had a few good weeks b4 a big movie was going 2 b released, bt still the film didn't do well becos the story and concept of the movie didn't click with the audience...I cnt remember the name of the movie as it was a few yrs ago nw... so my point is even if Akky;s movie was released much before or much after CE, it stil wouldn't have done well becos ppl had problem with the movie's story... it wasn't strong enough 2 pull the audience tht loved the first OUATIM

livinggod29 thumbnail
The story and the entertainment matters when it comes to long term success.
ouatimd was not as entertaining than the first movie !